SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-11, 02:23 PM   #511
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

The only part of the Magnum_Opus mod im not likeing is "Dooms Decks", which i belive gives the wooden style deck to my boat.

How do i go about removing this? i cant seem to find the file, and what is the procedure.

Thanks
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 02:49 PM   #512
ustahl
Watch Officer

Downloads: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
The only part of the Magnum_Opus mod im not likeing is "Dooms Decks", which i belive gives the wooden style deck to my boat.

How do i go about removing this? i cant seem to find the file, and what is the procedure.

Thanks
I too wanted to remove "Dooms Decks" and did it like this:

Before activating Magnus Opus delete the following files from folder data\Textures\TNormal\tex:

Uboat7A_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7B_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7C_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7C41_deck.dds 1366 KB

Worked form me.
Old 01-11-11, 03:09 PM   #513
Danevang
Helmsman

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
is there a certain spot that it keeps CTDing at?
No, it seems rather ramdom. First time it was after hitting a Polish merchant, but second time I was just sailing alog near the mission objective mark. So I couldn't say what's causing it.
Old 01-11-11, 03:11 PM   #514
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Default Depth keeping problems?

Did anyone else notice that the Uboat does not settle at the ordered depth? For example, when I order periscope depth (12 m) it stops at 10 meters, when I order 25 meters it stops at just 22, and when I order 50 meters it only dives at 45.
Is it a general behavior, or just a bad install of the mods (Magnum Opus + Patch 2 + a few sound mods)?
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 03:15 PM   #515
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
However, with Patch 2, im puzzled because it contains a MOD folder like the other, but also has other files like "Nvidia missing lights" seperate to the MODS folder?

So do i install the contents of Patch2 MODS folder, and the "Nvidia missing lights" folder, or is it all contained in the Patch 2 MODS folder anyway?
Just copy and paste it to your mods folder and enable with JSGME
or you can copy the folder called "data" from the lights folder and past into main mod folder - allow merging and overwritting.

You can always tell if a mod is ready to install by JSGME if it has a "data" folder when you open it.

Quote:
My other query, is changing some of the user option. Do i need to de-activate all the mods (Magnum_Opus + Patches) then change options, then re-install, or do i need to remove the mods entirely out of JSGME altogether before changing and re-installing?
No you don't need too. copy options.py to desktop and make changes.
Then open from the mod folder \data\Applications and run the OptionsMigrater. this can be used time and again when updated change you option.py file
Old 01-11-11, 03:53 PM   #516
Poacher886
Chief

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustahl View Post
I too wanted to remove "Dooms Decks" and did it like this:

Before activating Magnus Opus delete the following files from folder data\Textures\TNormal\tex:

Uboat7A_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7B_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7C_deck.dds 1366 KB
Uboat7C41_deck.dds 1366 KB

Worked form me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Just copy and paste it to your mods folder and enable with JSGME
or you can copy the folder called "data" from the lights folder and past into main mod folder - allow merging and overwritting.

You can always tell if a mod is ready to install by JSGME if it has a "data" folder when you open it.

No you don't need too. copy options.py to desktop and make changes.
Then open from the mod folder \data\Applications and run the OptionsMigrater. this can be used time and again when updated change you option.py file

Thanks guys, i'll have a play with this

Edit. Im needing some help with the OPtions migrater!...i've copied the options.py to desktop, adjusted as required, opened the OptionsMigrater, but im lost from there!, its an empty screen with the only option: File / "open old options". What do i do next?

Edit, I decided to remove all my save games and current campaign, and un-install all mods. Before installing again, i went into SH5/MODS/ Magnum_Opus 0.1/Menu/Options and changed the Uboat number + Captins name - saved.Then i removed the Dooms Decks files. I then re-installed all mods including Patch 2 and started a fresh campaign. I noticed three things:

1. Dooms Decks has gone
2. I now have a strange lighting issue when moving up and down the conning tower (when you look up it goes dark, then light again when you look straight!) did'nt happen before Patch 2

3. The log book still say's U021 + TDW !!!!

Edit: My god, i finally sussed it....You go into Ubisoft/SH5/DATA not Ubisoft/SH5/MODS/ !!! at last

Last edited by Poacher886; 01-11-11 at 05:45 PM.
Poacher886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 05:19 PM   #517
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi Oscar

What you need to do is:-

uninstall main mod using JSGME
Copy mod folder from the patch file
Paste it in your sh5 mod folder.

It will ask about merging folders - say yes
It will ask about replacing files - say yes

Re-install main mod (it is now patched)

Actually, I have a problem with adding the patch. Well Patch includes the Mods folder in the middle patch of the same name as the main Mod. In the Windows, there can`t be two folders with the same name in one of the selected folders C: \ Windows \ Root and Root, right? So I change the name of the folder, and then put them into a folder JSGME \ MODS. Turn on and if there is a warning about overwriting then I know that this is actually done.

Have look at this screen below...

And pop-up after click on the Enable Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1_Patch_2.0 renamed
Folder "data\Automation" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"ClimateZones.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"ClimateZones.tga" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Polar.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Polar_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Temperate.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Tropical.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"EnvColors_Tropical_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Polar_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Tropical.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Weather_Tropical_A.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"menu.txt" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
Folder "data\Menu\Gui\Tutorial Images" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
Folder "data\RadioMessages" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Page Default Hud.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Page layout.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"NOM_Ranger.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"NPL_C3Middleton.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"NPL_ConteVerde.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"NPP_QueenMary.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"Nrtw.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"NVV.cfg" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
Folder "data\Tutorials" has already been added by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.
"dialogs.tsr" has already been altered by the "Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1" mod.

Do not know if I make myself like I wanted. I use google translate.

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 05:21 PM   #518
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
There is already a mod for the sounds replaced by your mega mod...

Your megamod just uses the english version. see my mod list below (i have highlighted the mod that puts the german voices back).

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\Games\Simulator\SH5\MODS]

D3D_Anti Lag_101 <--- this really does work.
Unfortunately, not for me

WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
Old 01-11-11, 05:50 PM   #519
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Edit. Im needing some help with the OPtions migrater!...i've copied the options.py to desktop, adjusted as required, opened the OptionsMigrater, but im lost from there!, its an empty screen with the only option: File / "open old options". What do i do next?
Next you select open old options, this will open a choice of where it is located.
Then select open new options, provide location.
Finally select migrate. This will copy all your settings from the old options to the new.

Try it - it is very easy to use
Old 01-11-11, 07:02 PM   #520
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Thanks guys, i'll have a play with this

Edit, I decided to remove all my save games and current campaign, and un-install all mods. Before installing again, i went into SH5/MODS/ Magnum_Opus 0.1/Menu/Options and changed the Uboat number + Captins name - saved.Then i removed the Dooms Decks files. I then re-installed all mods including Patch 2 and started a fresh campaign. I noticed three things:

1. Dooms Decks has gone
2. I now have a strange lighting issue when moving up and down the conning tower (when you look up it goes dark, then light again when you look straight!) did'nt happen before Patch 2

3. The log book still say's U021 + TDW !!!!

Edit: My god, i finally sussed it....You go into Ubisoft/SH5/DATA not Ubisoft/SH5/MODS/ !!! at last
D:\Games\Silent Hunter 5\MODS\Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1\data\Scripts\Menu\TheDarkW raithUserOptions.py
##################################### Ships Journal ##################################################
# ship's hull number
UboatHullNumber = "U-30"

# ship's captain name
UboatCaptainName = "Woflgang Luth"
Save as a .txt coded Unicode! Close and enable Mod
Do you need screen? For me working ok. My Kaleun, my Uboot.

Old 01-11-11, 07:11 PM   #521
OldFrenchy
Mate

Downloads: 63
Default need to uninstall mods for this?

Do I need to uninstall all my mods before I install the Magnum Opus mod?
OldFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 08:01 PM   #522
Lewis Wingerter
Planesman

Downloads: 282
Default trouble with ship speed

I am using Magnum_opus . I am having trouble with the speed of my target. When I locked on I get the pointer and all my dials start moving but the ship speed go to zero. I noticed the problem before when I was using TDW UI 6.30. I deleted all mod and install Magnum- opus. Has anyone else had this trouble.
Lewis Wingerter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 08:06 PM   #523
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Can someone tell me why i get a ctd when starting a new career? It load after i click new career then i hear the sound of the bunker en then bam ctd. Mod was installed by the book plus patch. I double double checked but no luck.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-11, 10:17 PM   #524
9thinfSword
Sailor man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb View Post
Did anyone else notice that the Uboat does not settle at the ordered depth? For example, when I order periscope depth (12 m) it stops at 10 meters, when I order 25 meters it stops at just 22, and when I order 50 meters it only dives at 45.
Is it a general behavior, or just a bad install of the mods (Magnum Opus + Patch 2 + a few sound mods)?
Yes, I also noticed that periscopes depth and snorkel depth where quite shallow also. When the boat is stationary depth is somewhat accurate but with some speed The boat raises (planes) a meter or two. the radar antenna sticks above the surface at PD and at snorkel the sail breaches the surface at speed. Not very stealthy.(Please fix DW) I don't have a CTD problem but since patch 2 The game locks up and freezes not sure why but I'm doing a clean install of SH5 to clear anything my mod soup left behind and my GPU driver a 250GTS is up to date also. Might have screwed up the patch install not sure. I'll start fresh tomorrow.
Overall the mod is the best ever thanks to all who put effort into it and for Dark Wraith putting the pieces together seamlessly. It only gets better from here boys, good hunting
NOTE: Magnum Opus now needs a bad A$$ logo or intro screen time to dust off photo shop
Old 01-12-11, 12:24 AM   #525
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thinfSword View Post
I don't have a CTD problem but since patch 2 The game locks up and freezes not sure why but I'm doing a clean install of SH5 to clear anything my mod soup left behind and my GPU driver a 250GTS is up to date also.
What do you mean by locks up? If it's the infamous "display driver stopped responding and recovered" error, I found the best cure to it (I have a GTX 260) is to turn Triplebuffering on and switch the power scheme from Adaptive to Performance. Hope this helps
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote