SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-07, 11:48 AM   #1201
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Glad to hear your sorted ....just one little tip....never install anything unless it's compatible with JSGME

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 12:36 PM   #1202
bballernik
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default help

So i have downloaded everything with patches and the actual gsw file. everyhting is installed but when i try to open the exe shortcut on the desktop it asks for a disc key? what the hell is that, and what do i do about it???
bballernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 02:20 PM   #1203
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

You simply have to have the original SH3-disc in the drive.
Insert it, cancel-out on the menu that pops up, and start the game from the GWX-shortcut.

Or have you been mislead by the GWX-name?
It says it's an expansion, but in reality it's a super-mod for SH3....so you still need the game-disc, for GWX.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 05:31 PM   #1204
sniggles
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Default HELP - Anyone know how to extend the lifetime of the star shells?

Hi guys,

WOW - This thread is getting long - 61 pages and counting.

You guys seem to answer every post - amazing - and a true reflection of how professional this GWX mod is.

Slightly off topic question but i have re-enabled the AP and Star shells for the deck gun but it always annoyed me that the illumination (star) time was only 60 seconds.

I am using the excellent ' SH3 Mini Tweaker ' and have found some references in the LIBRARY / PARTICLES files called ' starshell.txt ' and ' flare.txt ' and i have changed the lifetime from 60 to 180 but the star shells still only last 1 minute in game.

Anyone any ideas.

Appreciate any help or advice.
sniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 01:26 AM   #1205
vasmann
Mate

Downloads: 37

Hello to everyone :-).

I have some problem and wish to solve it :-). I know that in vanilla SHIII there was a bug with bearing shown in the periscope, uzo... and in the TDC. And there was a fix for it (not official) CorrectedBearings (I guess, I don't remember). When I installed GWX and patches to make version 1.03 I uninstalled that fix before, and there was all correct, but now I have installed mods:
Light harbour traffic
Medals
Rusty interior VII
Rusty interior IX
and GWX102 + Integrated Orders +TDC+6Slide http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106104

And there I see that bug again, uzo, periscope shows me bearing 349, TDC sais 352 - 3 degrees this is a lot for be misstaken.
Please could you help to solve it. What should I do to get rid of that bug.
Thank you.

PS: GWX is the best mods for SHIII, thank you guys for a great job, I even have SHIV but playing SHIII+GWX and don't want to change it, at least while GWX change will not take their hands over SHIV and I guess I will be waiting for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time

Last edited by vasmann; 04-25-07 at 01:45 AM.
vasmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 02:21 AM   #1206
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

@ Sniggles

Whenever Minitweaker is used to edit a file a backup is created in the folder of the original. To activate your changes this backup must be moved from that location. IIRC the backup ends in 000.

@ Vasmann

I'm not sure that this is a GWX problem. From the addtional mods you have added I believe 3 of them will change the optics bearings vs TDC bearings as part of their changes or additions. I'm sorry to say that these mods are not Officially sanctioned by GWX due to the possibilty that they will conflict with a GWX base file. It would be worth a try asking in the thread related to these mods.

@ All

While I/we are only too happy to help any/all members here at Subsim, this thread is for GWX specific problems/questions only. I also realise that many of you are flavouring your install of GWX to your liking but the GWX Dev/Team can only offer support for the base GWX files and as such we must always ask "what other mods do you have installed". We really can't support these additional mods unless they have been tested and approved by the GWX Devs. Could I please ask you to consider what additional files you have added before coming to ask about 'this, that & the other GWX problem'. By all means start a new thread about your problem or use the forum search function. In fact, you are more likely to get a broad spectrum of answers this way.

Once again, this is not a 'do not post in this thread', it's just a reminder that most problems are caused by something other than GWX. Also, this thread is actively read/searched for problems in GWX which need to be included in any future fix or patch, it's a nightmare trying to pick out GWX related issues from the others.

Not a rant, just a plea.

Thanks.
Old 04-25-07, 07:00 AM   #1207
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmann
Light harbour traffic
Medals
Rusty interior VII
Rusty interior IX
and GWX102 + Integrated Orders +TDC+6Slide http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=106104
I would suggest to try to run the game without any mods and see if you have a problem. That way you will know if it's a GWX bug (I really doubt it) or something else. After that try to enable one mod at a time and see it's effect to the game. Another possible reason for your problems can be the fact that you're using two mods for different subs. This might cause problems as there are some files that are shared. Finally how did you enable the mods? Where you in port? Did you rollback SH3Cmd before enabling?
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 07:14 AM   #1208
vasmann
Mate

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by melnibonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasmann
Light harbour traffic
Medals
Rusty interior VII
Rusty interior IX
I would suggest to try to run the game without any mods and see if you have a problem. That way you will know if it's a GWX bug (I really doubt it) or something else. After that try to enable one mod at a time and see it's effect to the game. Another possible reason for your problems can be the fact that you're using two mods for different subs. This might cause problems as there are some files that are shared. Finally how did you enable the mods? Where you in port? Did you rollback SH3Cmd before enabling?
I enabled mods through super utility JSGME.
SH3Cmd was clean
I started new career (not patrol)
May be really the problem in two Rusty Interriors well, I'll check.
vasmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 10:34 AM   #1209
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

That could well be the case
Did JSGME not give you a prompt re: a possible conflict ? :hmm:

Old 04-25-07, 11:06 AM   #1210
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Quick question: Do I need to download new commander files to use with 1.03? Or do the originals for GWX 1.01 still good?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 11:15 AM   #1211
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

No you will need the 1.02cfg files which are fine with 1.03

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 11:16 AM   #1212
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
Quick question: Do I need to download new commander files to use with 1.03? Or do the originals for GWX 1.01 still good?
SH3Cmdr v2.7 is good, but don't forget to d/l the 'GWX103Cfg4SH3Cmdr' file....from my sig if you need it

Old 04-25-07, 11:24 AM   #1213
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Just for curiosity : will we have new .cfg files for SH3 Commander when GWX 1.04 is released ? :hmm:

Old 04-25-07, 11:42 AM   #1214
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Just for curiosity : will we have new .cfg files for SH3 Commander when GWX 1.04 is released ? :hmm:

More than likely

One of the cfgs is shipnames
As there are likely to be new ships added it would mean the cfg would need updating

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 12:15 PM   #1215
Laffertytig
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 110

has anyone had any success modding the longer repair times mod to work with gwx 1.03? i wouldnt mind waiting for 1.04 but it seems to be a long way off
Laffertytig is offline   Reply With Quote