SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-20, 09:21 AM   #1771
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453
Uploads: 0

I don’t care for historically numbers, but historically game feelings/experience, no matter the Files numbers settings

As you told me, i tested X256 along England coast, and...few minutes after was crash diving because of plane!
That’s what i would like but at X1024.

So for next patrol, borrowed Ccom AirStrike file and will see what’s going on.
In fact only one number setting is different from Ccom and NYGM...I’ll tell you if that works.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-20, 09:29 AM   #1772
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
I don’t care for historically numbers, but historically game feelings/experience, no matter the Files numbers settings

As you told me, i tested X256 along England coast, and...few minutes after was crash diving because of plane!
That’s what i would like but at X1024.

So for next patrol, borrowed Ccom AirStrike file and will see what’s going on.
In fact only one number setting is different from Ccom and NYGM...I’ll tell you if that works.

Old 05-30-20, 11:13 AM   #1773
Fifi
Navy Seal

Ok, test done...doesn’t work better. Still have to be X256 to see airplanes
So back to original NYGM AirStrike file.
To counter this boring X256 navigation, i Always can run X1024 at night and when overcast, and X256 on day light and sunny so i don’t miss planes!
Old 05-30-20, 11:22 AM   #1774
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Ok, test done...doesn’t work better. Still have to be X256 to see airplanes
So back to original NYGM AirStrike file.
To counter this boring X256 navigation, i Always can run X1024 at night and when overcast, and X256 on day light and sunny so i don’t miss planes!
Well, until they get radar equipped anyway.
Old 05-30-20, 12:30 PM   #1775
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Well, until they get radar equipped anyway.
Old 05-30-20, 05:25 PM   #1776
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

128x contract course correction with manual navigation plz, and all the plane like picky blinders
Old 06-01-20, 09:32 PM   #1777
DURUK
Shore leave

Downloads: 95

And the itch for SH3 returns once again after years

Hello Kaleuns, this is my first time playing with NYGM and while I generally love the mod, I still have some issues with it even in my third clean install and modding to make sure everything is done right. My main problem is with the "assisted plotting" feature in NYGM. While it works fine for warships and friendly ships, whenever I engage a convoy or lone merchants, all ship figures are shown in high zoom level. Also, in the convoys while most of the merchant ships are shown with black icons, some merchants have red icons, thinking it may be due to their nationality or whatever, I check their flags but they are merchants from the same nation. Does this suppose to happen?

Also while being submerged the CO gives empty messages (probably concerning the percentage of remaining oxygen), it just writes CO:...... and drops down time compression.

Finally here is my mod list, in case I messed up something, would appreciate your thoughts.

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
NYGM3 New
NYGM_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM
3rd Flotilla Mod
SH3 Commander Updates for NYGM
Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
EnvSimAct_10
NYGM HiRes Submarines 3_6F
1500 meter bearing overlay
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1
DURUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-20, 09:51 PM   #1778
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DURUK View Post
And the itch for SH3 returns once again after years

Hello Kaleuns, this is my first time playing with NYGM and while I generally love the mod, I still have some issues with it even in my third clean install and modding to make sure everything is done right. My main problem is with the "assisted plotting" feature in NYGM. While it works fine for warships and friendly ships, whenever I engage a convoy or lone merchants, all ship figures are shown in high zoom level. Also, in the convoys while most of the merchant ships are shown with black icons, some merchants have red icons, thinking it may be due to their nationality or whatever, I check their flags but they are merchants from the same nation. Does this suppose to happen?

Also while being submerged the CO gives empty messages (probably concerning the percentage of remaining oxygen), it just writes CO:...... and drops down time compression.

Finally here is my mod list, in case I messed up something, would appreciate your thoughts.

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5
NYGM3 New
NYGM_6F
NYGM_2017A
IABLShipsforNYGM
3rd Flotilla Mod
SH3 Commander Updates for NYGM
EnvSimAct_10
NYGM HiRes Submarines 3_6F
1500 meter bearing overlay
Harbor Traffic Add-In
Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1

1. Your experience with the Asst. Plotting mod is producting incorrect results. The items you mention should not exist.

2. Your message errors are because of your incorrect mod install of Stiebler's addon.
It cannot be applied by itself; it works in conjunction with H.sie's mod which I don't see in your mod list. Both must be installed for Stiebler's to work. The O2 item you mention is part of H.sie's mod.

Hope this helps. Any questions, fire away.
Old 06-02-20, 07:21 AM   #1779
DURUK
Shore leave

Quote:
1. Your experience with the Asst. Plotting mod is producting incorrect results. The items you mention should not exist.

2. Your message errors are because of your incorrect mod install of Stiebler's addon.
It cannot be applied by itself; it works in conjunction with H.sie's mod which I don't see in your mod list. Both must be installed for Stiebler's to work. The O2 item you mention is part of H.sie's mod.

Hope this helps. Any questions, fire away.
Thank you very much for helping. However, my first try with installing NYGM was without Stiebler's addon (as it is optional), and I initially had the issue with ship icons being shown on the map then. Then, hoping that it may solve it, I activated Stiebler's addon on my second trial of installing, by following the provided instructions (first patched sh3.exe with h.sie's patch-kit, and then applied Stiebler's add-on on top of it). That also did not fix it, but loving all the options it brings regardless (I think I installed it right even only the mod named "Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1" is seen in the JGME, are you positive that there should be also a folder seen and activated through JGME for H.sie's patch?).

By the way, removing Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 somehow brought back the CO's messages concerning oxygen (I exchanged it with Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6).

Today I encountered a liner ship, a large cargo, a DD and a Light Cruiser in the Mediterranean. While there were only circles as supposed to be for DD, Cruiser and the liner, the large cargo had the red ship icon at maximum zoom level. And when the game gives me God's Eye, I can't stop but looking through it
Old 06-02-20, 08:06 AM   #1780
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Thank you very much for helping. However, my first try with installing NYGM was without Stiebler's addon (as it is optional), and I initially had the issue with ship icons being shown on the map then. Then, hoping that it may solve it, I activated Stiebler's addon on my second trial of installing, by following the provided instructions (first patched sh3.exe with h.sie's patch-kit, and then applied Stiebler's add-on on top of it). That also did not fix it, but loving all the options it brings regardless (I think I installed it right even only the mod named "Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1" is seen in the JGME, are you positive that there should be also a folder seen and activated through JGME for H.sie's patch?).

By the way, removing Hitman_GUI_NYGM3_1.1 somehow brought back the CO's messages concerning oxygen (I exchanged it with Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6).

Today I encountered a liner ship, a large cargo, a DD and a Light Cruiser in the Mediterranean. While there were only circles as supposed to be for DD, Cruiser and the liner, the large cargo had the red ship icon at maximum zoom level. And when the game gives me God's Eye, I can't stop but looking through it

There is a number of things to do to correct the issues you're having, but none of them are difficult.
Re H.sie's patch, yes there is a folder in it called "Supplemental folder for...." (I'm away from my SH3 pc right now) It contains various files to make his patches functions work including the wolfpack ones. After the necessary modding, it is installed *before* Stiebler's patch when using both. Unlike Stiebler's patch, one can use H.sie's patch by itself if desired but both together is even better. Read H.sie's documentation and post if you have questions/problems installing it.
To reduce the chance of overwriting other file problems, H.sie's and Stiebler's patches should be installed last or near to it. Remember this when using JSGME; if files are being overwrote, the last patches files installed will be the files that dictate what happens in the game.
While you have the NYGM install order per the NYGM page here, re-read the info. there again. I.e., while Stiebler's patch and the Envsim file are listed in the order you installed them, their place in that list does not pertain to an install order. I.e., their are Envsim files in both H.sie's and Stiebler's patches so if you want to use Envsim10, it must be installed *after* those two patches so it overwrites their Envsim files. (As per my above "Remember this when using JSGME....." comment). Also, the Sh3 Commander files are not meant to be installed via JSGME. Simply place them in the relevant Commander folders. You can easily make the needed directory structure/folders to make it able to install via JSGME, but for now just copy them into your Commander install.
The reason why installing Hitman Optics 3.6 made the message work is because the files in that mod are already configured to work with the options of H.sie's and Stiebler's patches. I.e., the various file edits mentioned for the menu.ini, commands.cfg, etc. files are already done in it.
I'd recommend reading the patches instructions, then looking in the relevant Optics 3.6 file to see what I mean.
I have never seen the ship icon problems you mention in NYGM and haven't done a search to see if anyone else has.
But let's get H.sie's, Stiebler's patches and the SH3 Commander files installed/working right first before addressing that.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 06-02-20 at 09:36 AM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 09:44 AM   #1781
DURUK
Shore leave

Quote:
Also, the Sh3 Commander files are not meant to be installed via JSGME.
and I was sooo certain I did everything right

ok will try to remove all mods, reread and reapply them later tonight or tomorrow to see what I have missed and report back Thanks again.
Old 06-02-20, 09:56 AM   #1782
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
and I was sooo certain I did everything right

ok will try to remove all mods, reread and reapply them later tonight or tomorrow to see what I have missed and report back Thanks again.

It is easy to make a mistake but once you have the hang of it, it is very easy not to <g>. I would recommend doing a complete new install. Delete everything including the relevant file in your Documents folder. It may be called something different but similar with your OS.
After that, just install the base NYGM mod ONE AT A TIME meaning:

NYGM 2.5
NYGM New
NYGM 3.6
NYGM 2017

Do each one at a time, start game, check out the icon issues you mention. You should not be having those problems.
Once this is done through all four of the above files, we can move onto other mods. I don't believe these files are the problem but one thing at a time will save time/effort in the long run.
Old 06-02-20, 12:49 PM   #1783
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I would argue that if you install NYGM3_6F you should not apply NYGM_2017 as they change mostly the same files and former is newer. I had issues with NYGM until I omitted re-applied NYGM_2017 and went solely with NYGM3_6F.

My mod soup looks like this and runs just fine:

NYGM Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Functional Draggable Chrono for NYGM

... and blah, blah, blah. Your mileage may vary.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 01:25 PM   #1784
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I would argue that if you install NYGM3_6F you should not apply NYGM_2017 as they change mostly the same files and former is newer. I had issues with NYGM until I omitted re-applied NYGM_2017 and went solely with NYGM3_6F.

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F

-C
Not installing 2017 is anyone's choice but there is no reason not to install it. To state the files in 3.6f are newer is incorrect.
It adds features to the game and can be used trouble free with any other mod including those in your list.
If you had trouble with NYGM 2017 it was more likely due to an incorrect/conflict non-NYGM mod install vs any 2017 issue. I and many others have used 2017 with just about any kind of mod soup imaginable with no issues caused by it.
Old 06-02-20, 02:31 PM   #1785
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post

NYGM3_New
NYGM3_6F

-C
Stiebler has this on his instructions ;

The NYGM Mod contains several parts, for convenience of downloading and updating, as follows:
  • 1. NYGM_Tonnage_War_V2.5_Full_Version.7z (Essential, 322 MBytes)
  • 2. NYGM3_New.7z (Essential, 102 MBytes)
  • 3. NYGM3_6F.7z (Essential, 58 MBytes)
  • 4. NYGM_2017A.7z (Essential, 14 MBytes)
  • 5. IABLShipsforNYGM_New_Thomsen.7z (Optional, 14 MBytes. UPDATED VERSION March 2017 for NYGM_2017A.)
  • 6. 3rd Flotilla Mod.7z (Optional, 60 KBytes)
  • 7. SH3_Commander_Updates_for_NYGM.7z (Optional, 0.07 MByte)
  • 8. MFM-Interim-Beta_NYGM.7z (Optional, 35 KBytes)
  • 9. Stiebler4C_V16B1.7z (Optional, an upgrade of the 3A variant but more complex to install; 22 MBytes; includes many new turms for radar.)
  • 10. EnvSimAct_10.7z (Optional, 5 KBytes)
  • 11. NYGM_HiRes_Submarines_3_6F.7z (Optional, 104 MBytes - please observe large size to download)
  • 12. WYGM.7z (Optional, 35 MBytes)
  • 13. Hsie/Stiebler Options Selector (Optional, 157Kbytes) The first six of these mods MUST be installed in the order shown above. UNZIP the six files above with 7-zip (best) or with later versions of WinZip or WinRAR. Copy the un-zipped files into your Ubisoft\silenthunteriii\mods folder, as created above. Install the mods in the order shown with JSGME.
    (You can later un-install the six mods in reverse order with JSGME.)
    Files (7), (8), (9) and (10) contain their own instructions for installation.
    File (11) should be installed LAST of all the above mods in your set-up.
    File (12) - the wide-screen (1920x1080) mod should be installed after file (11).
    File (13) - for use only with the H.sie and Stiebler hard-code patches.
    Full instructions for use are found in the documentation folders of NYGM 2.5 and NYGM 3_New. A few additional small mods are included in the documentation folder of the latest overlay of NYGM, currently 3.6F (file (3)).
    • Files (1), (2), (3) and (4) comprise the main NYGM mod, as at this release date. Updated versions of Hitman's GUI mod for NYGM and Rubini's HarborTraffic mod are included as optional extras in the documentation folder of (4).
He is calling for NYGM 17A to be installed. But as John indicated it can be a choice to install or not.

Just my two cents.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torpedos through hull