SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-10, 04:31 AM   #166
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWolf View Post
Ok , this last version presents no conflits at all with the Latest FM interior Mod !

Question can I remove the cam file, cause it is to slow , the FM cam it's more of my taste?
Hi JCW. There is really no need to run both FM's and Luca's mods at the same time. They both cover the same areas and whichever mod you put on last will just overwrite virtually all of the first one.**

Re: Slow camera speed. Luca's free-cam camera has two speeds. If you hold down the Shift key together with your movement key you will get the effect of running through the boat. Very nicely done!

** Just realised I may have misunderstood your first sentence.! If you aren't running both mods at the same time , please excuse me!

Last edited by Cheapskate; 02-17-10 at 05:58 AM.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 10:29 AM   #167
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWolf View Post
Ok , this last version presents no conflits at all with the Latest FM interior Mod !

Question can I remove the cam file, cause it is to slow , the FM cam it's more of my taste?

Again no food , can a version with at least the stock food or some of the DD.OH food be done !?

The rest of the Mod works fine and as usual looks great to see the conning tower hatch open, much more realistic!

A thing I have seen, The commends to up and down the flag are replied by the watch officer on the conning tower , does this means that if we had the Flag tga files back , the flag actually works ?
hi

Answer your questions:
If you need to move velocemante also hold the shift key.
I can do a version with the food, (this is not a problem) but I wanted to feel the loss of a 10% FPS.
my mod and the mod is compatible with the flag of the great Anvart Author of DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_fin2.7z, first install the Anvart mod and everything will work correctly

Very important for the full draft press this button key -numpad "0" to return to the previous CAM

Regards,
Luca

Last edited by lucagaeta; 02-17-10 at 10:58 AM.
lucagaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 01:00 PM   #168
[SJ]nailz
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 46

OK I've managed to get this working a bit better, with GWX3gold and OLC, plus a couple of other mods that don't cause conflicts (lifeboats, skins, smoke & streams, das boot clothes, no rank).

I had to delete some stuff from within the mods to do it, namely the interior of the VII from the OLC mod, and the commands files from the Cfg folder of the OpenHatch mod.

Here is my question, I have lost some functionality from the OLC mod, the pop up menu at the bottom mainly. The little lower periscope icons don't work, neither does the direct to UZO icon, nor the direct to OBS icon, BDU icon, radio icon and captains log icon. also some of the orders icons don't work when the officers icon is clicked on, surface the boat, head to view etc...

where and how are the integrated commands stored? how can I fix them? then this mod would be perfect for me....

*********edit*********

scratch that I fixed it, I put the wrong commands file back in (ie the openhatch version, not the OLC version).

to get these working I had to...

1; Remove the four conflicting files in the VII folder from the Interiors folder in the OLC mod.
2; Remove the commands files from the Cfg folder in the OpenHatch mod.
3; Remove the cam file from the OpenHatch mod.

Because of the way that both mods conflicted with each other it wasn't possible to fix using the "place in this order" method with JSGME. Yeah I know it looses some function in the OpenHatch mod, but my personal taste is for the GUI to work, rather than click spots in the 3D interior. However, as more gets added to the interior, animations, more crew, more clickspots, etc, I may change my mind.

100% working now.

Last edited by [SJ]nailz; 02-17-10 at 01:13 PM. Reason: sussed it myself :-) <<< smug smiley.
[SJ]nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 02:39 PM   #169
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SJ]nailz View Post
OK I've managed to get this working a bit better, with GWX3gold and OLC, plus a couple of other mods that don't cause conflicts (lifeboats, skins, smoke & streams, das boot clothes, no rank).

I had to delete some stuff from within the mods to do it, namely the interior of the VII from the OLC mod, and the commands files from the Cfg folder of the OpenHatch mod.

Here is my question, I have lost some functionality from the OLC mod, the pop up menu at the bottom mainly. The little lower periscope icons don't work, neither does the direct to UZO icon, nor the direct to OBS icon, BDU icon, radio icon and captains log icon. also some of the orders icons don't work when the officers icon is clicked on, surface the boat, head to view etc...

where and how are the integrated commands stored? how can I fix them? then this mod would be perfect for me....

*********edit*********

scratch that I fixed it, I put the wrong commands file back in (ie the openhatch version, not the OLC version).

to get these working I had to...

1; Remove the four conflicting files in the VII folder from the Interiors folder in the OLC mod.
2; Remove the commands files from the Cfg folder in the OpenHatch mod.
3; Remove the cam file from the OpenHatch mod.

Because of the way that both mods conflicted with each other it wasn't possible to fix using the "place in this order" method with JSGME. Yeah I know it looses some function in the OpenHatch mod, but my personal taste is for the GUI to work, rather than click spots in the 3D interior. However, as more gets added to the interior, animations, more crew, more clickspots, etc, I may change my mind.

100% working now.
Hi
I wanted to know if you had tried to do this test and what was the result
install for my last mod:
Conning Tower Hatch open 0.91FM
and immediately after the fix
Fix OLC users:
http://www.filefront.com/15390359/Co...OLC_GUI_1.zip/
news aspect
thanks
Luke
Old 02-17-10, 03:04 PM   #170
[SJ]nailz
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucagaeta View Post
Hi
I wanted to know if you had tried to do this test and what was the result
install for my last mod:
Conning Tower Hatch open 0.91FM
and immediately after the fix
Fix OLC users:
http://www.filefront.com/15390359/Co...OLC_GUI_1.zip/
news aspect
thanks
Luke
I tried your fix the first couple of times after installing the OpenHatch mod, and got repeated CTD's.
Old 02-17-10, 03:24 PM   #171
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SJ]nailz View Post
I tried your fix the first couple of times after installing the OpenHatch mod, and got repeated CTD's.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to find a solution

regards,
Luca
Old 02-19-10, 03:49 AM   #172
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

hi luca, thanks so much for your work, you guys make this game what it is. also,can u release an FM version with the food? I think that is in DD's version OH 3.09, has the food diminish over time, does your food do this?
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:11 PM   #173
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett25 View Post
hi luca, thanks so much for your work, you guys make this game what it is. also,can u release an FM version with the food? I think that is in DD's version OH 3.09, has the food diminish over time, does your food do this?
Hi
Thanks for the compliments
To release a version with FM food was waiting for the release of the final version, the 0.91 was only a demo version which only serves to prove the FPS with my mod.
I promise that if it was delayed, release of a final version I'll take a 0.91FM
with food.
I'm now working on the type IX, the Conning Tower and already open as you can see from the picture, there remain some problems to be solved.
Old 02-19-10, 01:29 PM   #174
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Ti ringrazio tantissimo per questo tuo Fantastico Mod adesso sto leggendo questo thread per capire qual`e la situazione di questo Bellissimo mod , ti ringrazio nuovamente

A me piace di piu con i salami penzolanti
Old 02-19-10, 02:04 PM   #175
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570

Quote:
a version with FM food was waiting for the release of the final version
sure I understand, thanks !
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:41 PM   #176
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Ti ringrazio tantissimo per questo tuo Fantastico Mod adesso sto leggendo questo thread per capire qual`e la situazione di questo Bellissimo mod , ti ringrazio nuovamente

ù

Grazie a te per i complimenti, cercherò di fare del mio meglio per cercare di accontentare tutti.

ciao,
Luca
Old 02-19-10, 09:21 PM   #177
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 08:12 AM   #178
robbythesub
Captain

Downloads: 302

Hi Luca

I am using WAC 4.1.

Not sure whether I missed something above, but if I unstall the latest open conning tower hatch version (0.9) plus the WAC fix for this in addition to the diesel room beta mod, the beta interior mod doesnt work- is this right?
I can run successfullt the beta interior mod without your conning tower mod, but not both?

Thanks for your good work.
robbythesub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 01:26 PM   #179
jlederer
Bosun

Downloads: 47
Default Amazing work, thanks!

Wow, just found and installed this - awesome. It is a little hefty on machine requirements and I now really sympathize with developers of SHV :-)
jlederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 12:51 PM   #180
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

[REL]Full open the Conning Tower Hatch 0.92
LAST VERSION 0.92 date 02-28-2010
open the Conning Tower Hatch type VII -IX

file
http://www.filefront.com/15705943/Co...atch092food.7z

changes in version 0.9.2
0) now open the Conning Tower Hatch for Type IX
1) (for Type IX)CR add wheel for Blow ballast animated (for Blow ballast click on wheel,or press key E)
2) (for Type IX)added to the rotation of the periscope CT, now if you rotate the periscope as 40 degrees, back in the CR (num pad by pressing "0") will find it rotated 40 degrees