SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-11, 03:56 PM   #256
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
are you refering at Language pack? - this is related to microsoft voice recognition engine?
Yes, this mod relies on the speech recognition enginge from microsoft. Unless that engine is not supporting a language, only option to localize it to that language is using one of the supported languages and phonetic spelling.
Old 03-04-11, 08:10 AM   #257
MiTon
Sparky

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 2
Default Speech Recognition plus

During my work on the german translation, I also made an english "plus" version.
It contains a lot more commands then the stock version (set hydorphone to bearing X, and Teleporting from NewUI for instance)?
I have to admit that not every single command is tested and working like it should! But the SHSpeech_Commands.xml should be documented. Just open it in a browser!

Most commands have only one phrase to trigger it, but I inclueded a tutorial for customization ( look in \Documentation\CustomizingTutorial_english.pdf or \Documentation\CustomizingTutorial_deutsch.pdf).
SHSpeech_Grammar.xml is documented the same way (have a look at the tutorial) and in some cases it's capable of more phrases then actually used.

Anybody interested?
MiTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 10:05 AM   #258
MiTon
Sparky

Default Speech Recognition for SH5 - v1.4 - MiTon's NewUI Edition - english

Hey guys!

Just released

Speech Recognition for SH5 - v1.4 - MiTon's NewUI Edition - english

currently its supports, round about 250 (stock version: 120) commands triggerd by 2700 phrases (stock version: 230).

Included also a tutorial on changing or adding phrases.

Some nice fetures for TDW's NewUI like teleporting or Enhanced Recognition Manual toggle included.

For a list of supported commands just open \data\Sound\Speech\SH_Speech_Commands.xml in your browser.

Hope you'll have fun!

Feedback is welcome!!!

Greets MiTon

Last edited by MiTon; 03-30-11 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-10-11, 06:01 PM   #259
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTon View Post
Hey guys!

Juste released

currently its supports, round about 250 (stock version: 120) commands triggerd by 2700 phrases (stock version: 230).

Included also a tutorial on changing or adding phrases.

Some nice fetures for TDW's NewUI like teleporting or Enhanced Recognition Manual toggle included.

For a list of supported commands just open \data\Sound\Speech\SH_Speech_Commands.xml in your browser.

Hope you'll have fun!

Feedback is welcome!!!

Greets MiTon
Tested the new commands ... as teleport for example... work just fine... awsome

Last edited by stoianm; 03-10-11 at 06:12 PM.
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-11, 10:56 PM   #260
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I went through the files to see what you've added, MiTon. All I can say is "WOW!" You did a helluva lot of work there. Man, that is like .. like .. like .. an overhaul! Kudos to you!

It was only a week ago or so when I added my own command for efficient speed and was thinking to myself "how could we add other stuff that is used in TDW's UI ? And here you are with all kinds of stuff added!

Great job!
Old 03-11-11, 03:01 AM   #261
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Hey guys!

Juste released

Hope you'll have fun!

Feedback is welcome!!!

Greets MiTon
This is just great, working good so far. Many thanks!
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 06:12 AM   #262
MiTon
Sparky

Many thanks for the feedback!

Glad you're enjoying it! It's a good motivation for me to go on with it.

I know there are a few issues, like the torpedo selection.
But I need to dive a little more into Python and SH5 modding, to completely understand what TDW's doing in his mod, to solve these issues and add more commands!
I'm currently working on an SpeechCommandManager to do so. (it's lightyears away from a working state )
Dreaming of a kind of Profile editor and selector, which is assisting in creating and changing the speechcommands.
Could work like this:
Open CommandManager and select your set of commands you want to work on. To add a new phrases, just type them into an textbox. It will be analyzed and the correct grammar will be put together. Next a list of all available commands will be shown and you can select one by clicking.
And all of this should be done ingame.

What kind of features would you guys want for such a manager?

Greets
and thanks to skwasjer for his great engine

MiTon
Old 03-11-11, 12:26 PM   #263
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
What kind of features would you guys want for such a manager?
That sounds like an interesting idea too. Hmmm... I'm not sure what to suggest for ideas yet. I'll let you know what comes to mind.

FYI for spelling errors in SHSpeech_Command file: "officer" keyed in as "onficer".
A quick find and replace for all of them should fix that easily. I'll let you know if I find others.

Can I ask you for a few additions, please?

For fast 90 setups, to add:
"Set angle on bow port ninety" (without "degrees", but you can add an additional line with "degrees" for those who want it, if you'd like).
"Set angle on bow starboard ninety" (without "degrees", but you can add an additional line with "degrees" for those who want it, if you'd like).

For efficient speed, the command is currently "save fuel". Can you please add something that sounds like a speed command, such as "Efficient speed" and anything else you think would be good.

For ahead 1/3 and 2/3, can you add the identical command using the written words - one third / two thirds. I find written words more accurate at times.

Issuing commands for AOB, target range and speed works nicely! I only use and have tested the straight-up shorter commands such as "new angle on bow port 90 degrees" or "set target range 800 meters" or "set target speed 10 knots", but not the commands to the officer first ("weapons officer set..." or "XO set ..., etc.). I can't get the commands to work using AOB (A O B) instead of angle on bow, though. I think this has to do with the engine. Sometimes it needs things laid out phonetically - ayy oh bee, for example.

If you would like help fixing the grammar in your CustomizingTutorial_english file, send me a pm and we can talk about it. It shouldn't take too long to fix.

Gruß
Old 03-11-11, 02:51 PM   #264
MiTon
Sparky

Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
FYI for spelling errors in SHSpeech_Command file: "officer" keyed in as "onficer".
A quick find and replace for all of them should fix that easily. I'll let you know if I find others.

Will fix that shortly, thanks

Quote:
Can I ask you for a few additions, please?

For fast 90 setups, to add:
"Set angle on bow port ninety" (without "degrees", but you can add an additional line with "degrees" for those who want it, if you'd like).
"Set angle on bow starboard ninety" (without "degrees", but you can add an additional line with "degrees" for those who want it, if you'd like).

For ahead 1/3 and 2/3, can you add the identical command using the written words - one third / two thirds. I find written words more accurate at times
Should be no problem!
It's a little change in the grammar file and you can use all AOBs without degrees.
"degrees" not wanted in any other commands?
Or did you mean you need a speperate command for 90° setups?

Quote:
For efficient speed, the command is currently "save fuel". Can you please add something that sounds like a speed command, such as "Efficient speed" and anything else you think would be good.
No prob too.
As for "anything else you think would be good":
Be aware that english isn't my mother tongue, so I might not come up with the catchy frases. So a few more examples or variations for the needed commands would be cool for future requests.

Quote:
.... "set target range 800 meters" or "set target speed 10 knots", but not the commands to the officer first ("weapons officer set..." or "XO set ..., etc.). I can't get the commands to work using AOB (A O B) instead of angle on bow, though. I think this has to do with the engine. Sometimes it needs things laid out phonetically - ayy oh bee, for example.
I noticed that too, best way to find out which variations work is through the test.exe.
Since im playing with my german version (if I'm playing), I won't find the time to test every phrase in the english version too.
So tell me which the critical ones are and I will fix it.

Quote:
If you would like help fixing the grammar in your CustomizingTutorial_english file, send me a pm and we can talk about it. It shouldn't take too long to fix.

Gruß
Damm second language
Since nobody is perfect... Sure, help is always appreciated! PM is on its way!

Thanks for this detailed bugreport!
Old 03-11-11, 08:12 PM   #265
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Should be no problem!
It's a little change in the grammar file and you can use all AOBs without degrees.
"degrees" not wanted in any other commands?
Or did you mean you need a speperate command for 90° setups?
Thanks!! Much appreciated!

Just in the fast 90 is fine for now (which is what I usually set up for). I can always tweak my files for the other ones if needed. If other people find it would help them be less wordy, then you can always entertain the idea later. I was actually going to do it for myself, but figured that it would save me from tweaking it in future versions, and maybe others would find it usefull too.

Quote:
No prob too.
As for "anything else you think would be good":
Be aware that english isn't my mother tongue, so I might not come up with the catchy frases. So a few more examples or variations for the needed commands would be cool for future requests.
Makes sense! And something that works well in one language doesn't always translate well into another. Well, let's put it up for suggestions and if anyone has any phrase they feel is reasonable, they can post it.

Quote:
I noticed that too, best way to find out which variations work is through the test.exe.
Since im playing with my german version (if I'm playing), I won't find the time to test every phrase in the english version too.
So tell me which the critical ones are and I will fix it.
The speech engine test.exe is a great way of figuring things out. When I originally wanted to use a few German phrases in the English version, I used that to test things out phonetically and it helped a lot. Getting something like "kleine fahrt voraus" to work in English mode required some finessing as it wouldn't work straight up, so it needed something like - "klina fat forus" or "cline ah fat for ows", etc.

As for testing phrases, there are so many phrases in there - you covered so many different angles that a user would want to say - that you'd never be able to test them all without going crazy. That's where you can rely on the users who would use certain commands.

Quote:
Damm second language
Since nobody is perfect... Sure, help is always appreciated! PM is on its way!

Thanks for this detailed bugreport!
lol .. man, maybe I'll hit you with some German help one day. hehehe!

You're welcome! And thank you too!
Old 03-11-11, 09:15 PM   #266
MiTon
Sparky

Reworked Edition 02.02 released!

Download here.

Here the changes:

v1.4_MiTon's NewUI Edition – 0.2.02 -12.03.2010
  • spelling errors in SHSpeech_Command file: "officer" keyed in as "onficer" fixed
  • added rule <rule id="TDC"/>
  • added rule <rule id="AOB"/>
  • added more variations to <rule id="X0">
  • added more variations to <rule id="NO">
  • added more variations to <rule id="SO">
  • added more variations to <rule id="RO">
  • added more variations to <rule id="LE">
  • fixed some letft <items> in Command.xml
  • added more phrases to "save_fuel"
  • reworked some sonar grammar and commands
  • reworked some TDC phrases
  • reworked rudder and course controls
  • added "one third" and "two thirds" for speed control
  • all commands referring "#degrees" can now be called without degrees
  • phrases added to "AOB"
  • phrases added to "gyro angle"
  • phrases added to "patern angle"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
The speech engine test.exe is a great way of figuring things out. When I originally wanted to use a few German phrases in the English version, I used that to test things out phonetically and it helped a lot. Getting something like "kleine fahrt voraus" to work in English mode required some finessing as it wouldn't work straight up, so it needed something like - "klina fat forus" or "cline ah fat for ows", etc.

Quote:

As for testing phrases, there are so many phrases in there - you covered so many different angles that a user would want to say - that you'd never be able to test them all without going crazy. That's where you can rely on the users who would use certain commands.
Ah thats why ... think I've already tested enough too

Quote:

lol .. man, maybe I'll hit you with some German help one day. hehehe!

You're welcome! And thank you too!
We will see if my german grammar's better than my english!

cheers
Old 03-12-11, 03:48 PM   #267
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Reworked Edition 02.02 released!
Excellent! Downloading now! Much appreciated!

Quote:

Ah thats why ... think I've already tested enough too

We will see if my german grammar's better than my english!

cheers
hehehe .. as long as it's better than mine!
Old 03-22-11, 10:12 PM   #268
MiTon
Sparky

which commands are wanted for next release?

Hi guys,

for my the next release I managed to trigger a few more commands.
Here the current changelog:

• added commands to report fix via celestial or dead-reckoning
  • added command to report last fix
  • added command to toggle follow target with Periscope
  • added command to toggle determineContact Speed
  • added command to toggle messagebox visibility
  • added commands to toggle essential controls visibility
  • added commands to toggle Ottos Chalkboard
  • added command to increase Ottos Chalboard count
  • added commands to toggle/show/hide automation
  • added commands to toggle/show/hide radio traffic
  • added commands to toggle/show/hide shipsjournal
  • added commands to toggle/activate/deactivate torpedo autoloading

So I just wanted to ask, if there are any commands left you are realy missing!

Greets

MiTon
Old 03-28-11, 11:00 AM   #269
marcus55
Swabbie

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Hello, I tried your mod. Very well mod but it's a pity whether it is in English and not french.
Some orders do not work with UI.The teleportation for example.(A single order of teleportation works=>go AA)
The East it possible to have a French version?
I tried with the versin 6.4.0 of UI

sorry for my bad english....
marcus55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 11:45 AM   #270
MiTon
Sparky

Quote:
Hello, I tried your mod. Very well mod but it's a pity whether it is in English and not french.
Some orders do not work with UI.The teleportation for example.(A single order of teleportation works=>go AA)
The East it possible to have a French version?
I tried with the versin 6.4.0 of UI

sorry for my bad english....
I haven't had any complains and problems with the teleporting commands.
So maybe your bad english is one of the problems (please don't take this as an offence)
You should train your Speechrecognition, lower your confidence level and test your pronunciation with the inclueded SHSpeechEngineTest.exe. It should look like this (screenshot from german version)

Concerning a french version:
If there is a french version of Microsofts Voice Recognition, it's possible to make a french version.
But since my french is very bad, and it's an awefull lot of work to translate all commands, I won't release an french version, sorry! I'm already managing a german and english version and I realy don't wanna manage a third one!

If you like, you can translate it by yourself:
have a look page at 13 in this thread and at the Customizing_Tutorial.pdf included how to do this. (7Infantrie19, helped me on the english version, so there will be a better one in the next release)

For fututre releases, I'm working on a SpeechCommandsManager, that will hopefully enable every user to easily make his own phrases and asign the available commands to them.
With this manager, translations will be way more easy to realize. So maybe you should be patient and wait for the CommandsManager.

Greets

Last edited by MiTon; 03-28-11 at 04:25 PM.