SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-15-11, 02:19 PM   #1846
thestoon
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@FIREWALL: Great to hear that it (almost) seems to work for you now. If one once understands how patching works, it's easy in the future....

The problem you described above indicates that something went wrong with the en_menu.txt or de_menu.txt files which contain the new messages used by the hardcode fixes. These new messages can be found at the end of the appropriate files and must be appended to your files of your sh3 installation.

Stiebler very detailed described the procedure in a different thread you opened. I guess you made a little mistake. It seems that the new messages didn't find their way into your sh3-installation.

It seems you are not very experienced with PC's, but your experience will rise by this patching work.....
It could be that FIREWALL has a mod which is replacing his modified en_menu.txt with one that doesn't contain the updated messages.

If you use JSGME to install any mods then you must make the changes to the last mod which updates en_menu.txt or they will be wiped out when you install that mod.

On another note - h.sie, this is fantastic work. You sir, are a legend.
thestoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 03:03 PM   #1847
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
I think this weekend we'll have a new version V15G2.

* Diving-times adjustable via Options-Selector
* TC switches back to 1 when using O2 supply from bottles
* Docking at U-Tanker possible 2 weeks after last docking
* BDU messages bugfix
Kool BeansWhats up with the diving times adjustable via options?
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 08:52 PM   #1848
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestoon View Post
It could be that FIREWALL has a mod which is replacing his modified en_menu.txt with one that doesn't contain the updated messages.

If you use JSGME to install any mods then you must make the changes to the last mod which updates en_menu.txt or they will be wiped out when you install that mod.

On another note - h.sie, this is fantastic work. You sir, are a legend.
While I know I made a mistake somewhere installing the mod. I tested it without any default GWX mods or any extra mods installed.

You would have known this if you read my DETAILED post. I don't mean to sound harsch thestoon but, it get's tireing reposting a repeat that I posted earlier.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 06:30 PM   #1849
thestoon
Watch

Downloads: 17
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL View Post
While I know I made a mistake somewhere installing the mod. I tested it without any default GWX mods or any extra mods installed.

You would have known this if you read my DETAILED post. I don't mean to sound harsch thestoon but, it get's tireing reposting a repeat that I posted earlier.
You can sound as harsh as you like. I'll admit to skipping your posts on this thread. I only generally read the posts by h.sie here. My interest is in the patch, not peoples difficulties in installing it. It is his thread after all.

If i'd made that post in the thread specific to your issues, then you'd have cause for complaint - but not here.

Overall, it was a generic point, made without any consideration of your situation and not necessarily directed at you. It may not affect you personally, but its always advice worth repeating and it may help someone somewhere along the line.. Its something simple which can make things appear they aren't working correctly.

Anyway... moving on...
thestoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-11, 11:14 PM   #1850
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511
Success at Last

@ h,sie & Stiebler Followed Stielber's well written instructions and saw my mistake.

Put in h,sie's patch into jsgme instead of Supplement jsgme.

The only mod conflict was Rafael's DSK Gui. Easy fix. I installed it manually.

The conflict de_menu and en_ menu.

Thx again you 2 I won't be around SubSim for awhile as I will be playing SH3\GWX and h.sie's Patch as the sim was meant to be played.

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 03:58 AM   #1851
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

@FIREWALL; TheStoon:

Good to know it now works for you. Hope you like it!!

In my opinion, thestoon's comment was very constructive and helpful, because he exactly pointed out what people often do wrong. I should consider his words in the QuickManual. Thank you.
Old 07-17-11, 10:59 AM   #1852
Kaleun Cook
Chief

Downloads: 25

After a long break from SH3 I'm trying the latest beta version. Till now, everything works as advertised - also I didn't have any problems with the silent-running-sinking on my GWX installation.
Kaleun Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 04:47 PM   #1853
h.sie
Admiral

Small Update V15G2 available for beta testing

Changes:

• O2-Supply-Mod:

a) Since there was some disagreement regarding diving-times, Stieblers Options-Selector now contains 2 Sliders for individually fine-adjusting the diving-times resulting from the renewable and non-renewable oxygen component. Leave them unchanged at their default-values (1,0), if you are satisfied with the diving-times adjusted by LGN1 and me. Choose e.g. a factor of 2,0 in order to double the diving-time. For NYGM, Stiebler recommends values of 2.0 (renewable supply) and 10.0 (non-renewable supply, bottled air).

b) TC switches to 1 when oxygen is low and the LI starts to use botteled air supply.
  • U-Tanker-Mod: Docking at an U-Tanker now possible 2 weeks after the last docking at an U-Tanker (old value was 2 months).
  • BDU-Messages-Mod:

a) Bugfix ("Sink no neutrals"-Message at patrol start).

b) More random behaviour: After sinking a ship, you no more get a congratulation with 100% chance.

Known problem: "Sink no neutrals"-Message only works at patrol start when you have no tonnage sunk so far and sinking a neutral leads to negative tonnage.

Notes:

• The Messages have not changed from V15G1 to V15G2. So if you already have V15G1: No need to fiddle around with en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt.
  • Differing from the Options-Selectors Help-File, V15G2 does not contain Stieblers "Surrender"-Mod.

Last edited by h.sie; 07-18-11 at 02:45 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 05:05 PM   #1854
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Thanks again

Thank you very much.

Very useful optimizations (for me...) permitting personalization of the game.

We can apply the Surrender mod patch (Stiebler patch)?
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 01:32 AM   #1855
Robin40
Chief

Downloads: 162
Default How to patch to V15G2?

Already patched to V15G1

Applied Supplemental

Do you repeat the same process to a sh3.old exe?
Robin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 02:02 AM   #1856
h.sie
Admiral

@NGT: See post #1853: No. But I'm sure, Stiebler will provide his "Surrender" Addon soon.

@Robin: Yes, always use the original sh3.exe as starting point for patching (has been renamed to sh3.old during an earlier patching process).

Last edited by h.sie; 07-18-11 at 02:47 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 03:36 AM   #1857
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Small Update V15G2 available for beta testing

Changes:

• O2-Supply-Mod:

a) Since there was some disagreement regarding diving-times, Stieblers Options-Selector now contains 2 Sliders for individually fine-adjusting the diving-times resulting from the renewable and non-renewable oxygen component. Leave them unchanged at their default-values (1,0), if you are satisfied with the diving-times adjusted by LGN1 and me. Choose e.g. a factor of 2,0 in order to double the diving-time. For NYGM, Stiebler recommends values of 2.0 (renewable supply) and 10.0 (non-renewable supply, bottled air).

b) TC switches to 1 when oxygen is low and the LI starts to use botteled air supply.
  • U-Tanker-Mod: Docking at an U-Tanker now possible 2 weeks after the last docking at an U-Tanker (old value was 2 months).
  • BDU-Messages-Mod:

a) Bugfix ("Sink no neutrals"-Message at patrol start).

b) More random behaviour: After sinking a ship, you no more get a congratulation with 100% chance.

Known problem: "Sink no neutrals"-Message only works at patrol start when you have no tonnage sunk so far and sinking a neutral leads to negative tonnage.
Notes:

• The Messages have not changed from V15G1 to V15G2. So if you already have V15G1: No need to fiddle around with en_menu.txt and de_menu.txt.
  • Differing from the Options-Selectors Help-File, V15G2 does not contain Stieblers "Surrender"-Mod.

Many thanks for new Version h.sie !

I´m going to test this evening...!

Best regards,
Magic
Old 07-18-11, 07:33 AM   #1858
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219

Many thanks, H.sie! Testing now...All OK for now.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 11:30 AM   #1859
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Thank you Hsie.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 06:06 PM   #1860
rudewarrior
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 2

I hate to be a distraction in all of this O2 consumption discussion, but it looks like a few pages back you all were discussing with some users how to implement the u-tankers fix with the surface ship "tankers." Someone suggested inserting "U-" in the front of all of the NavalBase Name= entries in the Campaing_SCR.mis file. The only problem is the people who were posting in the thread were having problems with getting both the torpedo replenishment function and the BdU messages to work, and then...that's it. The conversation moved on to getting the messages to work, and no one communicated if they were successful in fixing the torpedo replenishment problem.

So:

1. Is there anyone who has done this "fix" and gotten it to work successfully?

and

2. Could you communicate explicitly what you did in terms of editing?

Thanx in advance.
rudewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote