SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-09, 03:16 PM   #796
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
*Sits on a barstool*

You know what fellers... we need a plan. I think its very creepy that we have got to this situation, only one fuzzball left. I have to say pinguin, if there is anybody left to be shot. Its you I want to blast, I'm not voting for you yet, but... you know, I find it odd that you haven't appeared in any of the town criers logs? I don't suppose you care to elucidate for us?

As for you Neisgeis, I have to apologise for my brute force tactics with you, however you did vote for Aramike. Who was a beast...

The big question is, will the last beast do the honourable thing... Why don't you save us the hassle and turmoil, and just go off and top yourself. After all... what have you got left to fight for? Nothing. Why not end your life with a bit of dignity and class eh? Rather than being strapped to a post and shot.

(Thinks: Poor Jimbuna is hallucinating badly... Can't blame him, not when he personally had to shoot one of his own crew, who WAS a beast... but, even so.)
"I agree with Penelope. Sooner or later we will find you out, so you might as well save everyone the trouble."

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 02-15-09, 03:37 PM   #797
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101
Uploads: 0

"You find it strange I have not been mentioned in the town crier's logs? What is that supposed to mean... What about Nisgeis here, or Mookie? How often have they been mentioned, eh?" Pinguin looks at Penelope Grey intently from underneath his cap, and exasperated sigh escaping his lips.
Old 02-15-09, 03:40 PM   #798
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

*Leans back*

You know... far as I am concerned, its a choice of two.

You, or Neisgeis.

Simple really. Its just a question of if Kpt Buna, Mookie and AVSM, share my feelings....

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-15-09, 03:51 PM   #799
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Tell ya what, how about a friendly wager. Since you are pleading so much Pinguin that you are the innocent, how about this then...

You remember when I volunteered to be shot straight after Hitman if I was wrong about his werewolfness?

Well, why don't you take a leaf out of my book? What about... if today, we all vote for Neisgeis and we shoot him. But, if we are wrong, YOU get shot straight after?

Care to take the bet Pinguin?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Old 02-15-09, 03:57 PM   #800
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

U-13's wachoffizier stands up suddenly, nearly spilling his glass.

"I am not willing to bet with the life of one of my crewmates as if he were a simple plaything or just another piece of change, and I am willing to bet Captain Buna over there feels the same. IF he isn't already wrapped so tightly around your fingers like some kind of rubberband."

He looks around at the few people dispersed around the inn. "I will not vote for the Leutnant, not unless any one of you brings irrefutable evidence he's the devil we're looking for. And why should I be punished for your mistake? If anything, you should be the one strapped to that post if Leutnant Nisgeis is killed by the firing squad and shown to be the human I know he is. You have been the loudest voice in this village, accusing us bootsmen of running through your village slaughtering you all like so many cows." A small smile creeps onto his face as part of his mind ponders the comparison. "But I will play along. If the Leutnant is proven to be innocent by the firing squad, you shall have to dig a grave for me as well. Then we shall see how cozy this inn is tomorrow."

Last edited by Weiss Pinguin; 02-15-09 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-15-09, 04:04 PM   #801
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

you're last crew mate turned out to be a monster!!!

Nobody died last night. for the first time in days. What's the matter? Haven't got the guts to take my challenge?!

I say we all wait to hear what Neisgeis has got to say first.

Old 02-15-09, 04:22 PM   #802
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna calls his two remaining crewmen over to his table and speaks in a low tone to ensure nobody can overhear the ensuing conversation.

"We are at a pivotal point in this terrible affair. I am going to simply ask you both a few questions and give you time to consider your responses before I come to a decision.

Nisgeis...last night you were late voting and alluded to the fact you were coerced into the decision you made. I expect you to decide earlier and announce your vote for all to see.

Pinguin...You were seen jumping out of the window shortly before the voting deadline and failed to vote at all. You state you didn't want to vote against any of your remaining crewmwn, but what you failed to do was vote for anyone shoreside either.

Were you trying not to bring attention to yourself because in so doing your failure to vote did just that.

Added to that AVSM saw a wolflike figure leave the Inn just prior to me going outside for a Rollie........a potentially damaging piece of evidence open to a quick opinion you could say.

All the evidence thus far is anecdotal and circumstantial you could say....open to opinion you might add, but opinions are like ar$eholes gentlemen....everyone has one.

I hear you Nisgeis when you say that the gang of three is reminiscent of the original ones under Chads command, but this is a position that has been cultivated primarily due to the lack of concrete evidence thus far.

last night I voted for the first time against one of my crewmen because, due to the lack of concrete evidence I was only able to consider what was on the table ie: circumstantial, anecdotal and opinionated......nothing factual.

Give me something to go on and I will gladly consider it.

Until then I have nothing more than I did last night.

What we do know is that an attack took place last night, unsuccessfully thank God, so another important and life threatening decision is expected of us tonight.

I expect answers not only from yourselves but also from the others within the hour.

You....gentlemen are dismissed until then"

Both of them left the table and Jimbuna called over to Penelope "Another bottle of schnapps liebling and one of those big fat cigars you have hidden under the counter......I'll take a rain cheque on the chocolate raisins"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-15-09, 04:33 PM   #803
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Wachoffizier Pinguin sits back in the corner of Mercy's Inn, lost in thought, and stares at his glass.

So it has come to this... Men who served together for months, even years, in the toughest of conditions, forced to decide which of them will by killed by the others... Gott, I know that none of us onboard that U-boat are creatures!

He stares up at the ceiling, his eyebrows furrowed underneath the bill of his cap.

But I have been proven wrong before... Task Force and Aramike, two of our most loyel crewmembers... But Gorduz! You were so sure, weren't you, let yourself be convinced by these villagers...

You're so bloody smart. A sigh, and a glance at the kaleun, then the leutnant, and Pinguin's gaze returns to the glass in front of him.

Quietly the wachoffizier slides his hand to his pocket, and fingers his trusted pocketknife.
Old 02-15-09, 04:41 PM   #804
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna looks at his watch and thinks to himself 'not long now, decisions, votes and responses will come....or else they run the risk of others ganging up'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-15-09, 04:48 PM   #805
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

*Stands in a space off near the door on bare wooden floorboards.*

You see this space?

This is where I am going to put my new Werewolfskin rug once the last of those unspeakable things are shot.

Now, here is the problem we have... the guilty party is either, you, or Neisgis, Kpt Buna despite his odd trance like state and ramblings about raisins is somebody who we, in particular, I am counting on. You can consider me, giving the Kpt here my seal of approval.

Task Force, Hitman, and then Aramike. I have accused the right person, 3 times in a row back to back. That's better than anybody else in this whole mess has done.

However, my instincts and certainty over the last monster are starting to bother me... yesterday, I was certain, YOU Pinguin, were the final creature, I even put my cooking knife under your chin! Make no mistake, if you gave me any indication you were the last one... I'd have stuck it in you without a second thought. I had to bully Neisgis into voting for Aramike; I am not proud of having to do that. But as you are aware... desperate times = desperate measures...

the end justified the means.

So, think on this Pinguin, again I must ask you to cast your mind back to the killing INSIDE the U-Boat. The killer would have to be somebody familiar with hatches would he not and their locking.

You ARE the watch officer on U-13, and unless I am mistaken, the Watch Officer is the last one below deck in the event of an emergency dive and it is he, who must secure the hatch for diving...

I am not 100% sure it is you though. I would dearly love to hear what Nisgeis has to say.

Old 02-15-09, 04:55 PM   #806
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Well, the documentation PG showed me last night did imply that she was a human. It could have been faked, but it would have taken a bit of effort. Each time I think PG isn't a beast though, she stomps around, threatening to lynch people and threatening to lynch people the next night, if they don't vote her way and then she decides to lynch them anyway! She clearly can't be trusted to keep her word.

This is taking me some time, as I keep having to go back and check previous posts and PMs to try to get a handle on all this. I think that the previous night, it was pretty clear in the narrative that there were two attacks, one inside the U-boat and one outside. This would mean that Aramike killed Firewall and someone from the village or camp killed Oberon. The beast on the boat was found last night. So I believe the remaining one is in the camp or village. The village is the only place so far without a beast being discovered, so it seems logical that there is a beast hiding in the village, it's possible that it's in the camp, but not likely that it is in the U-13. If anyone is claiming that the beast is not in the camp or village, then I don't think they are doing us any favours and are trying to stir things up and muddy the waters.

I did suspect Penelope Grey at the start, but then I wasn't sure, but as this has gone on she has grown more controlling and seems to be trying to control voting, without offering any proof.

She sent me a message saying that she knew that I was a human and that she was pretty sure that Mookie and Super Market were Guardians. She then sent me another PM a short while later, demanding proof that I was human (after saying that she knew I was). As proof, she wanted to see the message giving me my secret identity from the Lord Neal up above. She is far too erratic to believe anything she says anymore and her accusations tell me nothing, as she has accused everyone. As to why she wanted to know what class I was, well...

Local folklore says:

Quote:
Hellhound - The Hellhound is a particularly nasty breed of werewolf, capable of overpowering even a human Guardian. These choose one person to attack each night, just as a normal werewolf does. However, if that person is a Guardian, they are killed just as if they were a normal human. Or if that person is being protected by a Guardian, BOTH players are killed. If, by chance, the Hellhound attacks someone defended by TWO Guardians, the Hellhound randomly kills one of the three players (The attackee, or one of the two Guardians).
This seems to imply that a normal beast cannot kill a guardian, only a hell hound can. That would explain why Penelope Grey wanted to know what class I was, so she would not attack a Guardian (like she did last night)? She seems to be pretty sure that the hell hound is dead - how does she know? Perhaps that was a slip up, as there's only one way she could know. Perhaps the network of three land lubbers is working unknowingly with a beast.

Also, local folklore (The Q&A Thread) says that if a werewolf is to attack someone defended by a Guardian, then the Guardian will beat off the attack. If the attacker however is a hell hound, then both the Guardian and the person the Guardian was protecting will be killed. So, when A Very Super Market claimed to be protecting Chad, who was killed, that can't actually be the case can it? If Chad were attacked by a werewolf and AVSM was protecting him, then Chad would have lived. If Chad had been attacked by a hell hound, then both Chad AND A Very Super market would have been killed. In either scenario, A Very Super Market cannot possibly be a Guardian - unless I'm not understanding the folklore properly?

I don't know if Penelope Grey is a beast or not, or if she is having her strings pulled from behind the scenes, like the last trio of voters who had a beast controlling things. I didn't believe that Aramike was a beast, I secretly suspected Jimbuna, but now I believe that Jimbuna and Watch Officer Pinguin are innocent men.

Mathmatically, we have a one in three chance of lynching the beast. The wildy hysterical finger pointing of Penelope Grey is not helping us get anywhere though. If Captain Jimbuna and Watch Officer Pinguin can agree on a vote, I will vote with them.
Old 02-15-09, 05:03 PM   #807
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

OOC- it didn't help that the previous nights I was a tad never mind. 100% sober today!

Old 02-15-09, 05:04 PM   #808
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
Kpt Buna despite his odd trance like state and ramblings about raisins is somebody who we, in particular, I am counting on. You can consider me, giving the Kpt here my seal of approval.
That's what you said to me too.
Old 02-15-09, 05:25 PM   #809
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Weiß Pinguin slowly stands, and downs the rest of his drink before straightening his back and striding to where Jimbuna sits.

"I will not try to convince you that I am still your Wachoffizier, Herr Kaleun" he states quietly. "All I can say is that I trust both you and the Leutnant are still human."

He pauses, fishing a piece of paper from his pocket. "I have made my choice," he declares more loudly, pushing the scrap of paper towards Jimbuna as he glances towards Penelope Grey.

Written on the crumpled paper in his handwriting is Penelope Grey.

Clearing his throat, Wachoffizier Pinguin stands again, pulling his raincoat on. "I'm heading back to the boat," he says to anyone and no one. "Come get me when... well, when you need me."

On his way out he nods to Fräulein Grey, meeting her eyes for only a second.
Old 02-15-09, 05:26 PM   #810
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Getting my vote in early as ordered. I'm convinced the last beast is in the village or camp, most likely the village. The most irrational person, who seems to be going to any lengths to avoid suspicion and keep control is Penelope Grey. I thought we had brokered a deal last night, but it seems she cannot be trusted and will say whatever is needed to get her way and then turn on you.

Her wild accusations are muddying the waters of cold hard logic that we should be relying on. This may well get me three return votes, but it seems clear to me that she will not stop until all aboard the U-13 are dead and that will certainly be fatal to us all.

I vote for Penelope Grey.
Closed Thread