SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-09, 08:22 AM   #136
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanDurak View Post
Where?
for now its only at my filefront page but it is in process of being uploaded here as soon as they get a chance to do it for me.

NOTE - just in case anyone was wondering about them, the Real Env. and RSRDC patches have not changed at all and you dont need to redownload those if you already have them.
Old 06-19-09, 09:56 AM   #137
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post

The new version of GFO v1.1 has now been released

changes in GFO v1.1:

- added new mission loading screens
This GFO mod is excellent , is a pity that the main loading GFO screenshot is a bit blurred
Old 06-19-09, 10:07 AM   #138
ivanDurak
Watch

Downloads: 98

Thank you, Webster!
ivanDurak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 11:31 AM   #139
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
This GFO mod is excellent , is a pity that the main loading GFO screenshot is a bit blurred

thats an actual in game screen shot and the lighting and water distortion effect it too but if its too clear then you start to notice things so sometimes a little blurred helps hide things in the game.

if you had sharp clear hi resolution images of things the flaws in the game would stand out too much and be noticed.
Old 06-20-09, 01:12 PM   #140
SgtPotato
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 96

Do I have to overwrite the old v1.0 with v1.1? Or do i have to remove the old mod and install the v1.1?
SgtPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 02:06 PM   #141
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPotato View Post
Do I have to overwrite the old v1.0 with v1.1? Or do i have to remove the old mod and install the v1.1?

Because of the changes made in GFO v1.1 I was not able to modify GFO v1.0 with a patch to update it to v1.1 so it will be necessary for you to redownload GFO v1.1 and then delete the old GFO v1.0 mod.

the actual changes GFO v1.1 makes are minor but its a large number of files involved in making those small changes.

changes in GFO v1.1:

- the easy to read colored text was removed
- the missing menu bar button images are fixed
- the radio display fix was added
- added new mission loading screens
- added Kakemann and ATR-42's Music Fix
Old 06-20-09, 05:06 PM   #142
tonschk
Admiral

Hello , thank you for the answer WEBSTER , I am not sure about this bug because never happened to my SH4 before the addition of GFO , when I use high speed time compression , the game crash and in the screen appeared " Silent Hunter 4 got a problem and need to be closed " when I play the game without time compression there is no problem , and when I use time compression at low speed no problem either , therefore the problem only happened at high time compression " already two times my game crashed using high time compression
Old 06-20-09, 06:25 PM   #143
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
when I play the game without time compression there is no problem , and when I use time compression at low speed no problem either , therefore the problem only happened at high time compression " already two times my game crashed using high time compression
hmmm, is this with GFO v1.0 or GFO v1.1?

it could be your running out of memory so make sure you clean out your temp internet files and run a disk cleanup and see if that fixes it.

also what mods are you running?
Old 06-20-09, 08:05 PM   #144
tonschk
Admiral

Hello , thank you for the help , I already downloaded the GFO 1.1 but not yet replaced the GFO 1.0 , today I played a bit SH4 and I have done two times middle speed time compression without crash , I must check better the situation using more time compression

I have 3Gb DDR2 800GHz of memory nVidia 8800GT 512Ghz and a INTEL 8400E 3Ghz , of course I will do again disk defragmentation , disk clean etc

Last edited by tonschk; 06-20-09 at 08:31 PM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-09, 09:16 PM   #145
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ok, less limber holes are already built into GFO so theres no reason to add that (but it wasnt hurting anything)

snorkel name fix is only needed to play the german side, otherwise you do NOT want it activated (just clarifying when to use it)

as for the ctd:

i think its a Real Env. thing, go to that thread and see page 9-10 of the Real Env. mod thread and you will see that the mod has ctd issues with the german side in some situations and if i remember correctly there may be a limit of how much TC you can use with Real Env.

environmental changes can have the most effect on time compression so try without real env mod and see what happens.

about memory usage:

the memory thing usually isnt that you dont have enough ram installed on your computer but rather that the memory you do have is filled with BS from everything you have been doing on your computer before so theres not enough available ram storage space left over when you game.

every time you visit a website or you download something it leaves temp files stored on your computer that stay there untill you reboot or run a disk cleanup utility.

well you can see how just doing normal every day stuff your temp internet files can grow as big as 1 to 1.5 gb in size.

this doesnt mean that its all causing direct ram usage but it does have a draining effect on the overall memory storage availability of the entire system.

now im not a big computer guy so i might be a little fuzzy on the specifics here but i think i explained it good enough for you to get the picture why not running disk cleanup utilities and having a lot of temp files slows your computer down and effects its performance.

Last edited by Webster; 06-20-09 at 09:40 PM.
Old 06-21-09, 08:36 AM   #146
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you very much , Yes I agree ,I remember the Environmental Five or Environmental Four and may be the Real Environmental mods have problems with time compression , better to use time compression at just low or medium speed , thank you for the info/suggestion to clean temporary internet files and disk cleanup ,

But the detail about the less water limber holes , I add this mod to the GFO mod because in my opinion the water limber holes were still excessive white , and in my opinion after adding the less water limber holes mod to GFO , the water limber holes become acceptable reduced
Old 06-21-09, 09:53 AM   #147
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
But the detail about the less water limber holes , I add this mod to the GFO mod because in my opinion the water limber holes were still excessive white , and in my opinion after adding the less water limber holes mod to GFO , the water limber holes become acceptable reduced
i just reconfirmed that the limber water is working in GFO and it makes no change at all if you add the limber holes mod on top of GFO so its something else going on.

in looking further i found that the real environments mod replaces the GFO file for the limber holes so thats the conflict causing the problem.

im glad this came up, now i can add the limber holes files back into GFO through the GFO patch for Real Env. so i'll go update that right now

EDIT - the Webster's GFO Patch for Real Env #1 has now been updated to include the fix to restore the lighter limber holes water color

if you arent sure if you have the correct version of this patch then check the file size which should be 611 KB in size. (the old version was 55 KB)

Last edited by Webster; 06-21-09 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-21-09, 01:35 PM   #148
tonschk
Admiral

Thank you WEBSTER , I download at once the new version of GFO Patch for Real Env #1
Old 06-25-09, 12:01 PM   #149
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Firrst off, this is exactly what this game needed to make it halfway playable. I use it with the Real Environment Mod and it's very good. It badly needs a Sinking Mechanics overhaul though, as everything goes down in about 30 secs, like a freakin' arcade game! How 'bout it WEBSTER?
Old 06-25-09, 04:52 PM   #150
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Firrst off, this is exactly what this game needed to make it halfway playable. I use it with the Real Environment Mod and it's very good. It badly needs a Sinking Mechanics overhaul though, as everything goes down in about 30 secs, like a freakin' arcade game! How 'bout it WEBSTER?

well that gets to the root purpose of what GFO was designed for.

i wanted to leave the specifics of modding the "style" and "feel" of the game to you.

my goal was to give "you" the player an 80- 90% complete super mod that you can finish modding to fit your own taste.

i wasnt trying to make a super mod for you but instead make it easy for even the beginner to "complete" the mod to their own taste.