SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-09, 01:59 AM   #271
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

I really need to sink somebody with this mod .

Hope they squash all the bugs in the beta.
Old 07-23-09, 05:22 AM   #272
tonibamestre
中国水兵

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0

These are great news guys.Perhaps RA Team could consider the development of a major surface mod after this,implementing units like Ticonderoga,Arleigh Burke,Krivak......and why not some Carriers,just to be able to be in command of.

Great Job !!!!
tonibamestre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 05:32 AM   #273
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonibamestre View Post
These are great news guys.Perhaps RA Team could consider the development of a major surface mod after this,implementing units like Ticonderoga,Arleigh Burke,Krivak......and why not some Carriers,just to be able to be in command of.

Great Job !!!!
Its impossibile, the only interface available for surface units is that of the default frigate. Which means that every playable surface unit will have the exact same limitations of the frigate as far number of weapons placement of guns etc... Thats why the udaloy has its cwis and cannon in the exact same positions as that of the frigate even though in real life obviously the things are different.
I think the RA mod team just wants to finish the mod and rest.
They deserve it.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 05:33 AM   #274
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
I really need to sink somebody with this mod .

Hope they squash all the bugs in the beta.
Aren't you a beta tester ?
Old 07-23-09, 06:32 AM   #275
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
Its impossibile, the only interface available for surface units is that of the default frigate. Which means that every playable surface unit will have the exact same limitations of the frigate as far number of weapons placement of guns etc... Thats why the udaloy has its cwis and cannon in the exact same positions as that of the frigate even though in real life obviously the things are different.
I think the RA mod team just wants to finish the mod and rest.
They deserve it.
Besides they can't do anything to improve the radar simulation as well as the sim of anything that flies ... and while I think that DW is a great ASW sim it sucks as far as AAW and to a certain extend ASuW is considered. Trying to do a good Tico sim on the base of DW is like building a race car on the base of a 1950 VW Beetle ... sure the outside might look good but once you get moving you'll be in trouble. And don't start with trying to simulate a carrier with the tools we have (and the sim - DW - we have), thats even worse.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 06:45 AM   #276
goldorak
Admiral

I agree with your assessment OneShot.
Even though ASW operations are now more deadly than ever because the remote helos can now be programmed with different search and attack patterns. And they use all their sensors, mad, active/passive dipping sonar/ esm, visual and radar.
Old 07-23-09, 10:04 AM   #277
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 7

i think you guys have done a superb job in even giving up your time to make this happen the reality is you didnt have to do it and you dont have to release it to the community but you are to keep the game alive.

another thing is that ASUW is a cool idea but its a bit like destroyer command point the weapon and shoot after you locate it, there is not that much skill in it personally where as ASW involves time constant tracking learning sonar patterns how to control the helos and alot more and is a lot more involved than just pointing the 5inch gun in that direction clicking rapid fire and in 2 mins the enemy is dead, or gust highlighting a contact and firing off 10 missiles.

you guys i will say it now for what you have done for us thankyou and i commend the fact you are exploring other posibilities and are making this availible.

Thankyou guys !

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 07:50 PM   #278
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
Trying to do a good Tico sim on the base of DW is like building a race car on the base of a 1950 VW Beetle ...
Very good insight OneShot. This is why I wish the Sonalysts business model currently included expansions that could support an ambitious project like a Ticonderoga. I sometimes go back to that Paul Grace/Sonalysts article from years ago when they were planning the Arleigh Burke sim. Unfortunately that sim got cancelled. All I can do is look at it and sigh.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 11:52 PM   #279
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
Very good insight OneShot. This is why I wish the Sonalysts business model currently included expansions that could support an ambitious project like a Ticonderoga. I sometimes go back to that Paul Grace/Sonalysts article from years ago when they were planning the Arleigh Burke sim. Unfortunately that sim got cancelled. All I can do is look at it and sigh.
That would have required major engine upgrades. It is clear their goal was to spend as little money as possible on repackaging SC into DW.

DW is a fantastic sim, but was very, very evolutionary.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 07:13 AM   #280
dyshman
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

this is new Viktor-3 3d-model, possible will included in up-coming realese)
dyshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 09:34 AM   #281
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyshman View Post
this is new Viktor-3 3d-model, possible will included in up-coming realese)
is sierra II class included in RA also?
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 10:25 AM   #282
dyshman
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

sierra II ? as AI-sub it YES. as driveable platform NO. Why? this submarine is similar to Akula, but has titanium main hull. most of shes components, like sonars, steam turbine, weapons,uses on Akulas. we do not want to create similar platforms, mostly trying to defeat Bugs and create more interesting platforms like alfa or udaloy.
dyshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 10:35 AM   #283
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyshman View Post
sierra II ? as AI-sub it YES. as driveable platform NO. Why? this submarine is similar to Akula, but has titanium main hull. most of shes components, like sonars, steam turbine, weapons,uses on Akulas. we do not want to create similar platforms, mostly trying to defeat Bugs and create more interesting platforms like alfa or udaloy.
Sorry, I meant as playable but i understand why now. thanks for clearing that up.

suBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 07:48 AM   #284
Mau
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 3

On regards of the AAW side of the game. Let`s not give up on the basic (working properly) of the radar. If the surface ship are not able to defend efficiently on some basic attacks (sub ASm or Aircraft ASM) then DW is diminish by a lot. I thought TLAM was starting working a bit on different flight profiles (generic ones) of ASM. I am not personnally looking for an AEGIS capability (playable) but at least the OHP AAW capability to work properly. The OHP should be an Adeleaide AAW version as per the Australian... (would think not too hard since already SM2 there and just add ESSM).

If I can help for anything

Just a thought
Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-09, 05:51 PM   #285
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

Is the DWX file on the download page part of the RA mod too or is that just something separate ?

Tags
reinforce alert