SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-11, 04:58 PM   #556
Lord Justice
Previously 4Para

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0

L J Votes August for lynch.
Old 06-27-11, 05:01 PM   #557
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Thank you. Now, can I see one of your superiors? Surely one of them is awake...

August swivels his MG-42 around to point at the English below.

"Englander, for the 3rd night in a row our surviving officer, Hauptman Rear, has deliberately abandoned us to our own devices. Now he may be a coward or he may be a werewolf but either way our countries are still at war and we have our orders so you and your men will keep your distance or we will fire upon you."

Lynch vote = Rear

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-27-11, 05:11 PM   #558
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

...very well.

*leaves the castle and returns to the camp*

Bloody useless Jerries.

Mr. Tarrasque, what did Jimbuna tell you?
Old 06-27-11, 05:53 PM   #559
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

*puts hands up as August swings the MG his way* Right then, off we go.

*mumbles under his breath to Raptor* The world is getting more and more scruffier, innit? Unidentified wild animal murderers knockin' about and this fella wants to play war.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-27-11, 05:55 PM   #560
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

"Nothing sir. I couldn't get through to him at all."
Old 06-27-11, 06:14 PM   #561
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna sees Raptor and Tarrasque talking together, he approaches them both and says "Want to know what I saw last night do you"?

He now had their undivided attention.

I saw what is causing this terrible carnage, think of your worst possible nightmare and multiply it one hundred fold and you'll still be a good way off short of the mark. What is equally as important is the fact that I saw the only person it couldn't have been and what bothers me the most is the fact it wasn't one of our number but a bloody Jerrie!!....Now ponder on that thought gentlemen"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-27-11, 06:26 PM   #562
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

A Beast, eh? I wouldn't have believed it until now, but then, I wouldn't have believed most of the things I've seen here if I've been told about them. One of the Jerries mentioned their surviving officer as Hauptmann Rear, I guess their Oberst got killed by one in the night...

*ponders for a minute*

Well, at least they seem genuine enough in letting us get out of here.

((I'll be off for now. Consider me having Abstained from the lynch vote. If anyone needs to escape tonight, Mookie will do it.))
Old 06-27-11, 07:01 PM   #563
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
Watches as the Captain prepares to bunk down for the night. There is still some time left before the darkness falls. Time is important at the moment, less we neglect the need to survive.

The pasture beyond the south wall leads to an obvious minefield, large warning signs written in German clearly expound the nature of proceeding further. The signs are lines up along like the rank and file parallel to the west wall. As the sun sets, the horizon is dotted.

"What the???:

To the west of the structure, some distance out, and across the minefield, the corrugations indicate that a structure of some sort exists, or rather, existed. It was was tall and has fallen into disrepair, but it lays across the minefield. To the north lays the South Turret, which would afford a better view.

"What I wouldn't give to be in the castle tonight."

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Old 06-27-11, 07:28 PM   #564
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Polishing my weapons for clean unobstructed action if need be. I'm ready for anything. There will be no shenaningans tonight. I will give whatever comes my way a hot lead supper. Right in the gut. Damn, I should be in France writing letters to my folks and not this island of the damned.

Dear Mom and Dad, Having a great time at Wannapee in the Pines. The French have been great since we run the place now.

Nope, stuck here guarding something from another something that shreds people like paper. Just swell......

*takes a second inventory*
Old 06-27-11, 07:30 PM   #565
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

After a day of strolling around the compound and listening to the frantic yelling from the castle combined with the oddly still nature of the compound, Takeda sat on his bunk to collect his thoughts.

"Damn if I know what is going on. All I know is that the Germans are dying. And when they do, who is next? Me? Probably. I don't know if I trust these Brits, especially that Lord Justice guy. He's always alone, writing. And about what. If I could get rid of one guy in this camp, it would be Lord Justice."
Old 06-27-11, 07:34 PM   #566
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

((Sorry to not RP this, but I'm crunched for time ATM. Lynch vote = Lord Justice))

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
Old 06-27-11, 07:46 PM   #567
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna weighs up his options and remembers the beast was exiting the castle after it had attacked which probably meant it was returning to the prisoners compound.

Either that or it was that SS guy heading back to wherever he had disappeared to.

He thought about the strange behaviour of one of the crew and that made his mind up for him.

I vote LJ for lynching.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-27-11, 08:12 PM   #568
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

August checks the action on the MG-42 and pets Oberons dog who lay prostrate, asleep and panting in front of the wood stove.

He looks across the room at Enigma manning the other MG and points at the dog.

"Hey Enigma! Look at that poor Hund, he is obviously just pining for his master. "

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-27-11, 08:57 PM   #569
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
The harsh paint of the plank of wood leaves splinters as he grips tighter. The square weapon with four nails in the end is little more than a fashioned weapon against whatever, or whoever, is killing everyone. I'd been lucky, the fact I had spent most of the first few nights either out of the bunkhouse or in the compound means I may have missed being the next.

Or I am the culprit?

Fathers stories were always of a man who was part human and part animal. What if father was not telling a bedtime story but a genealogy. What if I had unbeknown savaged the others? Might then the plank be used to fend off my allies.

No, I had the opportunity on the boat while we were at sea. It had to be something associated with the island, the Germans. It was nothing that a good lynching wouldn't lend a hand to.

I had seen so few, but the SS man was still absent without cause. If anyone deserved to be lynched, it was he without an alibi.

Vote for lynching: SS Nigeis.

"Are there no guardians among us" he bellows from his bunk into the silence of the night.

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Last edited by Pioneer; 06-27-11 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 10:48 PM   #570
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

"Ok, you! Enough of your scribbling away in that book. On your feet and come with us."

Petty Officer Lord Justice looked up to see Jimbuna, Tarrasque, and Mookie approaching with a length of rope. "What the blazes do you think you're doing?"

A fierce struggle ensued. LJ threw the men from him with a desperate strength they had not expected. The calamity roused the American from his cot. He staggered into the bunkhouse.
"Come on, mate, lend a hand, be a lad, there," huffed Jimbuna, his face red with effort as he struggled with the snarling LJ. Takeda joined the struggle, turning the tide.

Minutes later, Lord Justice found himself tied to the post that Vendor died on.

"Come on, boys, you can't be serious, we served together," pleaded LJ. "You're going to kill one of your own, in cold blood?"

The men stared back. "No," said Mookie. "We don't have that in us."

From the darkness stepped Schuetze The Enigma, bearing a bolt-action rifle.

"No," whispered LJ. "You're going to let that lousy German kill me? One of them?"

"There's no them and us, British and Jerries," replied Tarrasque. "It's us and the hairies, and they're winning. Here's where get some back." He nodded at Enigma, who spit out his cigarette, raised his rifle, and squeezed off a shot in one motion.

Lord Justice lurched back against the post, then slumped against he ropes.

Then he raised his head, his eyes glowering blood red, canine fangs protruding with a growl. One rope snapped! Then another.

All the men jerked into action and fired off a furious avalanche of rounds. When the smoke cleared and the clicking on empty chambers ended, what was left of their former Petty officer was well and truly dead.

Night begins

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 06-28-11 at 12:53 AM.
Closed Thread