SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-07, 10:49 PM   #1456
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0

HI Leo,
Didnt realise you were online live, how do you do!

Ok the flashing seems to be constant fixture, didnt seem to have any thing to do with a storm I have deactivated the mods and will reactivate them while I'm in port, will get back to you.

R

[quote=leovampire]I need to know if the same thing happend to you like it did to me after a thunder storm so could you explain more about it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Tried the save and reload thing, still get the flashing, have just uninstalled and will dock then re-install may be this will fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:
Hmm, been playing some more installed ROW Object reflections V2 And ROW Sky And OCENA Controls, I did this while still at sea, now I notice when using outside free camera the whole screen flashes, darker then lighter, am also seeing purple or light blue highlights on distant ships, can be sure but this seems to increase when i hit or damge the ship.

Still unsure re my earlier observation re smok, will keep at it. But definately a problem with external view flashing quite fast from dark to light

After it got nice out had the light to dark flashing like the game was still trying to make the lightning work. I saved and loaded the save it was gone. I am waiting to see if it happens again in my game after another thunder storm.

Make sure you are running the ROW texture file which ever one you chose for your game. As I made the scene file work with the new star work that Jaketoox did for the mod. And also it is based on the new sky and water work combination from Kriller2 and Jaketoox.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 10:53 PM   #1457
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default The special effect's folder's can be a tricky one

I am doing fine thanks for asking!

And yep I offer full online suport Live and in person! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The special effect's folder's I do sugest adding while in port. And I made some changes in the scene file for weather changes as to how long it takes for wind and weather to change but they do not seem to take effect until you are in port and leave on a new patrol as well.

The sound file's / texture file's and reflection work for the sub's ans ship's and object's can be added at anytime in game.

[quote=rascal101]HI Leo,
Didnt realise you were online live, how do you do!

Ok the flashing seems to be constant fixture, didnt seem to have any thing to do with a storm I have deactivated the mods and will reactivate them while I'm in port, will get back to you.

R

Quote:
I need to know if the same thing happend to you like it did to me after a thunder storm so could you explain more about it?!

Quote:
Tried the save and reload thing, still get the flashing, have just uninstalled and will dock then re-install may be this will fix it

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, been playing some more installed ROW Object reflections V2 And ROW Sky And OCENA Controls, I did this while still at sea, now I notice when using outside free camera the whole screen flashes, darker then lighter, am also seeing purple or light blue highlights on distant ships, can be sure but this seems to increase when i hit or damge the ship.

Still unsure re my earlier observation re smok, will keep at it. But definately a problem with external view flashing quite fast from dark to light

After it got nice out had the light to dark flashing like the game was still trying to make the lightning work. I saved and loaded the save it was gone. I am waiting to see if it happens again in my game after another thunder storm.

Make sure you are running the ROW texture file which ever one you chose for your game. As I made the scene file work with the new star work that Jaketoox did for the mod. And also it is based on the new sky and water work combination from Kriller2 and Jaketoox.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 11:30 PM   #1458
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default okay guy's it is almost midnight and I have not played at all today

So I am going to say good night and good hunting till tomarrow.

Enjoy the new Ship reflection work and have a great night!

Dave
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 05:21 AM   #1459
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Leo, I also had a run in with the "flashing" effect as well, only mine was after a storm. The screen would flash, like you said, as a lightning flash. So far, since the storm is over, no more flashing. As a side note, the entire mod was activated while in port. Only now with your latest reflections work am I installing on the fly.

Another minor problem I'm experiencing is the one you mention on the main page of the thread: The ocean behaveing oddly sometimes when comeing out of TC. I try your little workaround(pause the game at the Nav screen, then return to 1x speed), but it dosen't always clear it up. Either it clears up on it's own, or I'll continue on in TC, and when I drop back down to 1x, it'll be OK. Weird one.

Once again, a big thank you to you, and the gang for this GREAT mod! All the best!
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 05:23 AM   #1460
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

HI Leo,
Hope you sleep well. Got sick of mucking about with various mods, figured it was about time to do a clean install so deleted everything, the entire game and re installed it from ground up.

No more flashing, all is well, though I think I am back to a suspicion that one of the new ROW mods has done something to smoke it looks kind of SH3 if you get what I mean.

I would like to give you a screenie to show what I mean, but must ask what is the process for recording and then posting a screenshot.

Regards

R
Quote:
So I am going to say good night and good hunting till tomarrow.

Enjoy the new Ship reflection work and have a great night!

Dave
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 05:37 AM   #1461
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

I have the flashing effect too, mods were added in port....anything you want me to test out let me know ....and may I add great big thank you...amazing mod !!!!

Last edited by 602Sqn_Puff; 11-11-07 at 07:28 AM.
602Sqn_Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 07:17 AM   #1462
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Leo, great work. Only problems I'm getting here is the juddering effect (as already mentioned) and also my conning tower reflection seems to flicker an odd colour and not match with the rest of the subs reflection from some viewing angles. This was at night with a clear sky (not sure if this makes any difference). The video cards a 7950GTX Go. Otherwise it's looking excellent. Thank you.
ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 08:45 AM   #1463
frogdog
Torpedoman

Downloads: 56
Default Camera mods

The D/L site (filefont) says "file cannot be found". Any suggestions for D/L? Thanks for everything you have done for this sim.
frogdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 08:48 AM   #1464
Defiance
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 672

Hiya,
Will try and load camera ones up n edit with a link when they're done

link ................. uploading now, But i tried front pages links and they're working for me !! maybe firewall/alike ??

http://hosted.filefront.com/Defianceco/

Ciao

Def
Defiance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 11:05 AM   #1465
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Fixed collision_submarine sound files skipped to Leo. Check your PMs

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 12:13 PM   #1466
mrbeast
Ace of the Deep

Think I've become addicted to making screenies I just can't stop! Gonna have to create a ROW Screenies folder to keep em in.

Don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that I think SH4 with ROW enabled has just about the best graphics I have ever seen in a simulation to date.

Some of the finest mod work ever posted on here IMHO. Leo, Kriller and all the others who have worked so hard on this, you are modding legends!

The crazy thing is its not even finnished yet!
Old 11-11-07, 01:07 PM   #1467
capt_frank
Watch Officer

Leo,

Something that would help me and probably some other folks would be if you posted a current pic or list of what you have installed and in the order you have them installed. With all the new additions to your great work, I'm somewhat confused what I need, or don't need or if I can mix and match current files with old files. I've got a potpourri of ROW in my game now and it looks great, but of course, I'm always looking for the optimal selection for the best experience.

Thanks again!

Peter
capt_frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 02:19 PM   #1468
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_frank
Leo,
Something that would help me and probably some other folks would be if you posted a current pic or list of what you have installed and in the order you have them installed.
Peter
Good idea, post a snapshot of your JSGME setup.

I just uninstalled all and re-applied with the latest objects and ship reflections but now I'm getting the infamous smoke trailing my sub everywhere.
ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 02:55 PM   #1469
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

This was something I had asked about a week or so ago. I remember from the beginning of this thread, Leo did post (I think it was Leo), a screenie of the JSGME with the correct order of things. If memory serves, ROW Textures file needed to go first. The way I did it was: Firstly, D/L all the latest versions of the mod. Secondly, I disabled the old version files, and deleated them altogeather. Your best bet is to be in port when doing this. Thirdly, I placed all the current version files in my MODS folder. Finally, I enabled ROW Texture File first, followed by the Water and Sky control file, and finally the Sub, Ship, and Objects and the rest (seafoam, clouds, ect.).

I have not had any probs, except the ones that have already been brought up, meaning the shakeing ocean effect sometimes after comeing out of TC, and more recently, the "flashing" screen effect after a thunderstorm.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 03:32 PM   #1470
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Capt.Leo,just A thought

The flashing in A storm,coincides, w/thunder ! Would increasing lightening time rendering duration,make the graphic strike show-up.We keep looking:rotfl:
donut is offline   Reply With Quote