SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-06, 02:17 PM   #1
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
LWAMI4 Playtest Posted and CALL FOR PLAYTESTERS

I haven't had a chance to update the Playtest documentation so I've decided to post the current playtest to the new CADC server, courtesy of OneShot.

Here is the URL: www.commanders-academy.com/luftwolf/LWAMI4_Playtest_101_NoReadme.zip

The complete torpedo control instructions are available in this thread, starting on this page: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...t=94688&page=3 .

Let me know what you find. There will probably be a few more of these before LWAMI4 is finally released.

Everything in these playtests should either work, or not be implimented at all. Here is the email I included with the file for everyone I sent it to personally.

Quote:
Hello!

Here is the latest playtest version, with the necessary corrections. All of the player weapons should now work as described on the forum.

All the AI weapons should work well except for the physics on the very fast torpedoes and, also, I haven't put their anti-decoy logic in.

Other than that, the only things that might be buggy are the helos and aircraft.

Everything else should work or hasn't been implimented, so test whatever you want, but focus on the torpedoes.

Also, don't forget about the UUV, the preenable button controls the depth and the enable button controls the speed. Active mode is not available on the UUV because of hardcoded bugs in DW 1.03. The SLAM-ER ASuW capability has been enabled as well for the P-3, with the last waypoint being the Enable point if set over water or the target point if set over land.

None of the advanced sensor modelling has been done, but this will fit seamlessly with the controls, hopefully. The sensor work is the next step of the project (after proper playtest documenation of course ;-) ).

Thanks a lot for testing LWAMI4!

Cheers,
David

PS Please share this file with as many people as you like, but make sure you let them know to find the instructions for the torpedoes on the forum, and that I will have a good readme very soon.
Thanks!

Cheers,
David

Last edited by LuftWolf; 11-19-06 at 10:16 PM.
LuftWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-06, 08:48 PM   #2
Driftwood
Chief

Downloads: 0

HEY LW!!!!! When you come up for air let us know how things are going!
Old 08-10-06, 06:08 PM   #3
GrayOwl
Soundman

Hi LW!
Values between +14-:- +17 for passive sensors torpedoes ( Nrd [-127... 128] BD Sensors Par. ) TOO small.

I have established these values in Spchere Sonar for SSN-21, and has checked up as it searches at my LAN station. It never can find out somebody in passive contact!

There is no contact - doctrine does not work!

I have checked up the doctrines - ordered speed of a torpedo in the doctrine always will be executed a little not correctly.

(Hardcoded torpedo random speed always...)
Old 08-10-06, 07:26 PM   #4
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

You can't judge the sensors by looking at them...

I think you are forgetting that some torpedoes decrease speed with depth... and that some torpedoes have only two discrete speed settings.

You really need to read the threads associated with the torpedo controls (until I write a proper torpedo control manual).

I'm still looking at that stuff you sent me.

I've been busy with non-DW stuff.

Cheers,
David
Old 08-11-06, 03:17 PM   #5
GrayOwl
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf

I think you are forgetting that some torpedoes decrease speed with depth... and that some torpedoes have only two discrete speed settings.

You really need to read the threads associated with the torpedo controls (until I write a proper torpedo control manual).

I'm still looking at that stuff you sent me.

I've been busy with non-DW stuff.

Cheers,
David
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf

I read other threads, but I believe to the eyes more - if I see that something does not work!

Principle of job at all sensors identical. The auto command mode (AI control, at which detector opportunities is even higher than and player) also, in this case can not take contact. I check it in my home LAN of a network use debagger instrument.

-1 good values, which guarantees detection of a boat with the stopped engine on distance in 150 meters for a passive torpedo. With increase of speed of a boat this distance will be increased.

I simply give you the help where it is necessary to check up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My material is already obsolete, now it is absolute other playable game.

I establish real values for ARMOR/DAMAGE.
You speak me, that then the helicopter can kill Oliver.H.P use 10-15 torpedos. But the helicopter is not intended to kill destroyers! For this purpose there are submarines. At each battle unit the individual possibilities have, is and it is necessary well to designate for every platform typical mission.

Last edited by GrayOwl; 08-11-06 at 06:03 PM.
GrayOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-06, 10:17 PM   #6
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Bump.
Old 11-21-06, 03:22 PM   #7
GrayOwl
Soundman

I have made icebergs seen on high-frequency sonar.
Now boat can about them be broken!