SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-10, 02:23 AM   #31
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

I think a Deep Charge must make just a warped metal sheet effect

Last edited by tonschk; 04-14-10 at 03:02 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 04:03 AM   #32
Cap.Palla
Officer

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
I think a Deep Charge must make just a warped metal sheet effect
I'm agree with you...i mean,this is a nice mod for a death screen of your sub,i think would be better a warped metal sheet effect of at least a dark alone on the hull..

Cap.Palla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 05:20 AM   #33
tiger shark
Bosun

Downloads: 51

Just a question.Is there a bug like in SH4 where after saving and reloading the visual damage would disappear?
tiger shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 05:50 AM   #34
StarvinMarvin
Nub

Downloads: 15

Thanks alot for this man!! looks great! even if some people thinks its flawed and unrealistic its still more realistic then no damage at all and alot more fun!

Great work!

//Marv
StarvinMarvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 06:15 AM   #35
Keef Kavannah
Sailor man

Downloads: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvinMarvin View Post
Thanks alot for this man!! looks great! even if some people thinks its flawed and unrealistic its still more realistic then no damage at all and alot more fun!

Great work!

//Marv

ditto. a more "streamlined" damage would be great, still this is better than the vanilla one.
Old 04-14-10, 07:32 AM   #36
Watson
Seaman

Downloads: 19

A step in the right direction for sure, thanks.
Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 11:33 AM   #37
ddrgn
Korvettenkapitän

Downloads: 362
Uploads: 30

Hi Wamphyri,

Report using various configurations while submerged:

Vanilla (no mods): take minor compartment damage, mainly hull integrity damage
Mods on (not including UVDM or FH2.0): Medium compartment damage, no hull integrity damage (pic below)
Mods on (including UVDM): no compartment damage, no hull integrity damage, minor damage to radio, radar and flak.
Mods on (including FH2.0): Full damage to compartments, minor hull integrity damage
Mods on (UVDM first installed, FH2.0 second): no compartment damage, no hull integrity damage, minor damage to radio, radar and flak.
Mods on (FH2.0 first installed, UVDM second): no compartment damage, no hull integrity damage, minor damage to radio, radar and flak.

Now I truly thought it was my mod effecting the damage outcomes when using UVDM. So thats why I sat trying to get it too work observing the various outcomes.

Something is off with the controllers for the decals, I am 90% sure. The only other factor I can think of which prevents total damage occurring submerged using UVDM is perhaps in my install I have edited a file I have not accounted for, nor remember editing. Would like to hear more opinions on this as I would hate for someone to do a full campaign only receiving damage to radars and deck guns.

Here is a pic of Mods on (not including UVDM or FH2.0):

So before all these mods are installed (stock) I get hull damage and minor compartment damage, very light... When these mods are installed w/o my FH or your UVDM I get no damage to the hull but serious flooding and compartment damage.

This may truly be a user only problem (me), but would like to know for sure.
ddrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 08:13 AM   #38
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamphyri View Post
As requested by Oscar19681

With Thanks to privateer for pointing me in the right direction

This adds sh4 like visual damage to the sub when you take hits from shells etc.

Link
(install with jsgme)
edit - I changed a file that I'm sure no other mod uses.. it should be compatible with all mods I know of

I tried to add damage how sh3 showed it also but sh5 can't use that controller with a granny file. In sh3 the flak/deck guns got damaged.. they had a separate model for the damaged state and sh5 doesn't have that.. I tried to add that also. The big thing is that even tho I didn't touch the conning tower files if a shell hits the conning tower it'll show a hole on the outside .. but be fine when your in the tower. Kinda strange and funneh looking. C'est la vie

Thank you so much for this. And thank you from the community. GIVE THIS GUY AN IRON CROSS!

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 10:16 AM   #39
capt-jones
Helmsman

Downloads: 328

just to confirm this mod works ok for me,sub took depth charge damage to the front of the conning tower in scapa flow
from the outside it looked like a hole,but on closer inspection from the inside it looks like buckled metal,sorry did not hang around for a pic(printscreen)as i just sunk seven ships and i need the tonnage
capt-jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 10:51 AM   #40
shmall
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Is there a way of making the holes go away and replacing with damaged decal?

Any sub with a hole that large in the pressure hull would be dead in seconds, it just looks silly, thought so in the other SH titles too
Old 04-15-10, 10:22 PM   #41
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Try playing with the controllers.
The controllers from SH4 may still work.
And alot of neat things happen when you just play around.
One course of action may not be the best course of action.
Old 04-16-10, 06:59 PM   #42
caine007
A-ganger

Downloads: 26

I'd be surprised if the damage decals exactly matched the amount and position of where the shot struck. I don't know about the actual files etc. but it seems unlikely that the 3D models would be that flexible from my experience.

Are you sure there aren't just a set number of decals in appropriate positions for every model and it simply picks the nearest one to display? Would be a much simpler way of doing it and solve a lot of graphics problems from a dev's perspective.

Course I could be wrong and some poor programmer spent weeks getting this to work when they could have... I dunno fixed something important
caine007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 01:26 AM   #43
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

To my understanding: the damage decals are just transparant holes with some detail around the edges and on the inner rim. Nothing changes on the actual model, you can just see through part of the skin.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 09:14 AM   #44
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

I,m having problems with this mod. When underwater the wholes pretude when viewed from above and they can bee seen above water even when going deep when the u-boat model itseld cannot be seen at all . I just see the damaged wholes of the u-boat. This looks extremly weird. Also it seems that it somehow affects the damage my u-boat takes. It might be do to other mods but i did a test with your mod and the u-boat depth charge shake mod. I would only get hull damage and minor sytem damage and it took quite a while for my boat to sink i could even remaing on the surface for some time. I just think the damage system is all screwed up from stock.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-10, 06:23 PM   #45
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Downloads: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I,m having problems with this mod. When underwater the wholes pretude when viewed from above and they can bee seen above water even when going deep when the u-boat model itseld cannot be seen at all . I just see the damaged wholes of the u-boat. This looks extremly weird. Also it seems that it somehow affects the damage my u-boat takes. It might be do to other mods but i did a test with your mod and the u-boat depth charge shake mod. I would only get hull damage and minor sytem damage and it took quite a while for my boat to sink i could even remaing on the surface for some time. I just think the damage system is all screwed up from stock.
I'm not sure why your seeing the holes above the water. I tried to get the same effect and wasn't able to, I did my test with only the visual damage mod installed so you may have run into some bug from some files being changed. And your not the only one who see's changes to the damage you take, I don't know why it's doing that for some(or maybe all) because I only added a controller that adds damage decals. I don't plan on looking into this until atleast after the patch.

I did try and get the sh3 and sh4 damage models to work with sh5 but no luck. With the sh5 damage decal controller I can specify a mesh it uses for the damage decal but I have no idea what the others are, if there even are others.
wamphyri is offline   Reply With Quote