SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-10, 06:37 PM   #31
R-T-B
Sparky

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 5

Dumb Question, Have you enabled their abilities by spending points? Active abilities require that.

A few more positive reports about the test version and I'll make if official.
R-T-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 06:50 PM   #32
remowilliams
Loader

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Not a dumb question at all - I didn't know you had to spend points... I just assumed that the other officers active abilities were like the XO, Watchman and Engineer whose abilities are available from the start.

So, now that I did - yes their abilities are selectable through the dialogs now even at the dreaded zero morale level.

I made a special meal, and got my torpedoes warmed up. Yay!
remowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 09:48 PM   #33
R-T-B
Sparky

Ok, the first one is now official as far as I'm concerned. I'm removing the old one from this post. Everyone is advised to update!

Old 03-06-10, 08:58 AM   #34
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

The download page says it is a test version, and to look for an original version. Is there a prior stable version available?
Old 03-06-10, 06:06 PM   #35
R-T-B
Sparky

Sorry, forgot to edit that. The test version is now stable and works fine.
Old 03-07-10, 10:31 AM   #36
wetwarev7
Grey Wolf

I'm bumping this thread cause it fixed a lot of crew problems for me, and it may help others. Hate to see it get lost....

Could we sticky this till Ubisoft fixes the morale issues?
Old 03-08-10, 01:33 AM   #37
R-T-B
Sparky

I'm doing a self-bump for the same reasons.
Old 03-08-10, 06:47 PM   #38
Mad_Mark
Sailor man

Downloads: 16

Help please I extracted and copied to the Mod folder that JSME created ,I did not mess with the MOD, I just copied as is then enabled in JSME ok. Started game from port so I had some morale point but now the morale points have gone I seem to be back to pre-Mod status and none of the officers will obey commands with their abbilities.The torpedo officer won't pre-heat torpedoes for example now his morale points are gone or do I only get to use once per patrol?
What do I do differently to get this to work?
Mad_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-10, 11:00 PM   #39
R-T-B
Sparky

Ok, that's very strange. I would try the older version if I were you and see if it's a glitch with the new test version that I just declared ok...

Here's a link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1563
Old 03-09-10, 12:46 PM   #40
Mondaiji
Watch

Downloads: 9

Thanks for the mod.

After playing with this mod on for some time i get a strange effect. Now i can't say if it is your mod or not my guess it is.

On a new patrol if i ask the cook to make a special the timer for the following use states 4weeks plus.

Have you any idea what that could be?

PS: I had the test version first and the "official" now both on the same playthrough.
Mondaiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 03:00 AM   #41
R-T-B
Sparky

Hmmm.... That's very strange. I admit the test version I released had a very iffy edit done to it, which is why I was hesititant to call it official until people tested it and it (seemed) to work. Unfortunately, it may have glitches still, and I'd advise everyone to go back to the old version for a bit. I"m sorry to have to do this, but I'm issuing a "recall" until I figure out what's going on. From what I can tell, this behavior once initiated may be irreversable until next patrol. I'd revert and give that a try.

Anyhow, my most sincere appologies about the mistake. I've admitedly been focusing more on my other dynamic campaign engine, but I'll get back to this soon.

Keep the reports coming guys.
Old 03-21-10, 02:02 AM   #42
Pom
Nub

Thanks for this
Pom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 02:47 AM   #43
Mraah
Engineer

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaiji View Post
Thanks for the mod.

After playing with this mod on for some time i get a strange effect. Now i can't say if it is your mod or not my guess it is.

On a new patrol if i ask the cook to make a special the timer for the following use states 4weeks plus.

Have you any idea what that could be?

PS: I had the test version first and the "official" now both on the same playthrough.
I've seen this extra delay for cooldown in the stock version. I found that the Bosun's Propaganda was pemanently causing extra cooldown instead of just affecting the next cooldown only.

I stopped using it when my cook's delay was exceeding 1 day ... but frankly, a special meal every day doesn't bother me now since before it was like every 4 hours ... it's not really a special meal anymore if you're eating it six times a day!

Rob
Mraah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 09:37 PM   #44
Justy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

New guy here. After hearing about subsims from my brother-in-law for years I decided to give one a try and saw this one at my local Best Buy a couple of days ago and picked it up. That night while visiting said bro-in-law, and after he lectured me about indirectly supporting Ubisoft and their copy protection thingy (didn't know about it and don't care), he told me about this site. I screwed up my registration and before the head honcho here fixed my goof (thanks again!) my bro downloaded and gave me some mods to try and make the game better.

This is one of the mods he gave me. I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't seem to work for me. I can be out hunting ships and then do something stupid and want to try again and load a saved game but all the morale is gone. My bro told me how to install this with that jsmge thing and I know I did some mod installs right as I see the difference in the periscope one that I have (cool one!) but this one isn't working for me. I'd ask my bro but he doesn't have the game so I'm asking here. Any ideas what I screwed up?
Old 03-24-10, 09:48 PM   #45
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy View Post
I must be doing something wrong as it doesn't seem to work for me. I can be out hunting ships and then do something stupid and want to try again and load a saved game but all the morale is gone.
Welcome aboard Justy! You didn't do anything wrong. This mod won't fix the loss of morale (which is being fixed in the upcoming patch btw) but instead the mod does away with the need for morale at all.

Without the mod if you loaded a save and tried to man the deck gun or go into silent running your crew would say no or just ignore you. Now those things happen.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote