SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-17-10, 06:15 PM   #2206
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Avatar View Post
Out of curiosity, are you overclocking your CPU or video card? I remember with SH3, and even with 4, that it was very sensitive to this. I was able to play other games just fine with the overclock I had, many of which were flight sims with massive calculations taking place and I thought therefore more stressful on my computer, but these games would regularly CTD at weird times. For SH3, when I used to play it, I had to back off a bit in order to get it stable, with SH4 I just had to up my voltages a little higher and it is now stable.

So if you are, try removing the overclock and see if that fixes it. If so, then you need further tweaking or may have to give up on it altogether. Good luck!
No, not overclocking anything. My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 Ghz Quad-Core. I have never had problems with any other games (Empire Total War, Fallout 3, Football Manager, Modern Warfare 2). I do have other games on my computer that require tons of calculations and they work perfectly. Plus my computer is practically brand new, only 2 months old.

What do you mean by upping your voltages? Are you referring to the power supply unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
Maybe, maybe...
Did you update drivers for your vid card? Maybe this... I had this problem with my ATI card.
Hmm, well I do have the latest drivers for my video card. However, the card is the only not so new component in my otherwise new PC. It has 256 mb of memory. Made by nvidia. To be honest though, I've used it to play games that are more graphic-intensive than SH4 without any problems.

PS - Could these problems also be cause by the type of RAM being used?

Last edited by DirtyACE; 02-17-10 at 07:31 PM.
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 10:42 AM   #2207
G.K.
Loader

Downloads: 36

Hello all,

I want to try OM for a long time, but I have a problem - Whenever I enter the museum, the game crashes to desktop without any report or info from windows just when the loading phase seems to be over.

My Mods: OMv705, OMpatch to 720 and OMv720_patch1

Also tried it with RFB and made a couple of reinstalls, but still the same results.

My PC: MB Asus P5K
Gcard: Asus EAH 5750 (1024MB)
CPU Intel Core2Duo E6750 (2,66GHz)
2048 MB RAM
Win XP Home

Thanks for help!
Old 02-18-10, 11:12 AM   #2208
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K. View Post
Hello all,

I want to try OM for a long time, but I have a problem - Whenever I enter the museum, the game crashes to desktop without any report or info from windows just when the loading phase seems to be over.

My Mods: OMv705, OMpatch to 720 and OMv720_patch1

Also tried it with RFB and made a couple of reinstalls, but still the same results.

My PC: MB Asus P5K
Gcard: Asus EAH 5750 (1024MB)
CPU Intel Core2Duo E6750 (2,66GHz)
2048 MB RAM
Win XP Home

Thanks for help!
Help...
Never, ever go to museum. Too much ships. That is the answer
Point 14. of the Readme
14. Do not attempt to enter the museum. Due to the large number ships added by OM, SH4 with CTD
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 11:18 AM   #2209
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
No, not overclocking anything. My CPU is a AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 Ghz Quad-Core. I have never had problems with any other games (Empire Total War, Fallout 3, Football Manager, Modern Warfare 2). I do have other games on my computer that require tons of calculations and they work perfectly. Plus my computer is practically brand new, only 2 months old.

What do you mean by upping your voltages? Are you referring to the power supply unit?

Hmm, well I do have the latest drivers for my video card. However, the card is the only not so new component in my otherwise new PC. It has 256 mb of memory. Made by nvidia. To be honest though, I've used it to play games that are more graphic-intensive than SH4 without any problems.

PS - Could these problems also be cause by the type of RAM being used?
The RAM min. req is 1 GB, but the best way is 2GB.
After update my Vid Card I had this problem. Crash the save and I had to start the patrol from port, not all game, just last patrol. And I think, that is the reason. 256 MB card... should be OK. It`s depend of type nVidia. My card is from ATI, bit stronger
I think some components of update change somethink in the save... That is the problem with loading the save game.
Old 02-18-10, 11:21 AM   #2210
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Out of curiosity, are you overclocking your CPU or video card? I remember with SH3, and even with 4, that it was very sensitive to this. I was able to play other games just fine with the overclock I had, many of which were flight sims with massive calculations taking place and I thought therefore more stressful on my computer, but these games would regularly CTD at weird times. For SH3, when I used to play it, I had to back off a bit in order to get it stable, with SH4 I just had to up my voltages a little higher and it is now stable.

So if you are, try removing the overclock and see if that fixes it. If so, then you need further tweaking or may have to give up on it altogether. Good luck!
By the way... My CPU is overlocked, from 1,8Ghz to 2,8Ghz And still is to slowly to my V card And SH4-5UBM with OMEGU looks OK and no problems
Old 02-18-10, 11:51 AM   #2211
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Then no worries, that's not your issue obviously.

Quote:
No, don't worry about it. As you're not into overclocking you don't need to know about it. It's something overclockers do to stabilize their systems.
Old 02-18-10, 03:32 PM   #2212
G.K.
Loader

Downloads: 36

Thank You and sorry for spamming... I had to miss it in the .doc version of OM manual...
Old 02-18-10, 05:09 PM   #2213
col_Kurtz
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K. View Post
Thank You and sorry for spamming... I had to miss it in the .doc version of OM manual...
No problem
Old 02-18-10, 06:21 PM   #2214
DirtyACE
Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by col_Kurtz View Post
The RAM min. req is 1 GB, but the best way is 2GB.
After update my Vid Card I had this problem. Crash the save and I had to start the patrol from port, not all game, just last patrol. And I think, that is the reason. 256 MB card... should be OK. It`s depend of type nVidia. My card is from ATI, bit stronger
I think some components of update change somethink in the save... That is the problem with loading the save game.
Well, I have 4GB of DDR3 1600 so that should be more than enough.

Quote:
Then no worries, that's not your issue obviously.

No, don't worry about it. As you're not into overclocking you don't need to know about it. It's something overclockers do to stabilize their systems.
Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing my game to behave in such manner?

It's a real mystery to me. Basically, I can try loading a certain save several times and it will crash, but then suddenly it will load fine and I will able to play normally. In fact, I just tried loading a save. The first five times it crashed while loading, but on the sixth time it loaded fine and now I'm playing.
Old 02-18-10, 07:00 PM   #2215
609_Avatar
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing my game to behave in such manner?

It's a real mystery to me. Basically, I can try loading a certain save several times and it will crash, but then suddenly it will load fine and I will able to play normally. In fact, I just tried loading a save. The first five times it crashed while loading, but on the sixth time it loaded fine and now I'm playing.
Wish I did but I can't think of anything to add that hasn't already been suggested. Sorry.
Old 02-19-10, 02:24 PM   #2216
KarlKoch
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey folks,

i couldnt find an answer for the question, if OM has any advantage when installing RFB, RSRD, TMO, oder other mods before OM, or is OM the happy-from-all-sides-mod concerning the atlantic war?
Old 02-19-10, 04:28 PM   #2217
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKoch View Post
Hey folks,

i couldnt find an answer for the question, if OM has any advantage when installing RFB, RSRD, TMO, oder other mods before OM, or is OM the happy-from-all-sides-mod concerning the atlantic war?
I use OM plus OMEGU in a stand alone install for the ATO only. TMO and RFB each get their own dedicated install, keeps things neater and more flexible plus if you break one....well you know the rest of the story.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 05:41 PM   #2218
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48

Hi there,
I just installed the mod, just OpsMonsun_V705, OMv705_to_720 and OMv720_Patch 1.

My problem is when I hit a ship with a torpedo there isn't a damage texture on the ship, my crew says that the torpedo hit the target and I can hear it, too but I can't see the damage on the enemy ship.

Any help for this problem?
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:58 PM   #2219
DirtyACE
Engineer

It seems that the problem with my game constantly crashing is because of the high amount of renown I've accumulated. If you look at the pic I posted earlier, there's a renown counter in the upper left corner, it reads 99999. I've been informed that that has caused games to crash in the past for some people.

Since I'm playing using the Admiral Scheer, the whole renown system has become pretty much useless, because there are no upgrades to buy for this ship which cost renown, so there's just no way for me to use it up.

lurker (or anyone else), is there a way to fix this for the Admiral Scheer or should I simply edit the CareerTrack file in the saved games folder to reduce the renown I have back to zero?
Old 02-19-10, 07:00 PM   #2220
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
Hi there,
I just installed the mod, just OpsMonsun_V705, OMv705_to_720 and OMv720_Patch 1.

My problem is when I hit a ship with a torpedo there isn't a damage texture on the ship, my crew says that the torpedo hit the target and I can hear it, too but I can't see the damage on the enemy ship.

Any help for this problem?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1620
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote