Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-01-21, 08:14 PM   #7696
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Democrat and Republican leadership prior to Trump thought it was a good idea to fund gain of function research. They had an even brighter idea of paying the Chinese to do it for us. ...so our gov't did this to us. The end.
I don't think I've seen the smoking gun yet, just opinion.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 08:22 PM   #7697
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I don't think I've seen the smoking gun yet, just opinion.
We'll never see it, so all we're left with is opinions.
Old 08-02-21, 05:09 AM   #7698
CheckSix
Watch

Downloads: 0

Here are two people that seem to have done their homework.
Rather sobering.

<Dr. David Martin>

<Prof. Sucharit Bhakti>
CheckSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 06:47 AM   #7699
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 08:11 AM   #7700
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSix View Post
Here are two people that seem to have done their homework.
Rather sobering.

<Dr. David Martin>

<Prof. Sucharit Bhakti>
Bakdhi - "having done his homework"...?

He was a researching virologist in Germany who earned himself some good merits, yes. That was many years ago. Until he retired, and it seems he did not come to terms with that and that now nobody listens to him anymore.

He is one of the most outspoken general anti-vaccers, and currently is sued in Austria for "Volksverhetzung" (incitement of the people) in context with his corona denial. Several book publishers, three at least, have thrown him out of their programs. He now is activist and candidate of a corona-denial party candidating for the upcoming elections. Last year I had the great displeasure to hear him repeately on TV, and he shone with simply ignoring any competent argument countering him by studio guests who were competent medical experts and virologists themselves, and not only did he just ignore anything he did not like, but was referring to something that I can just describe as mysticistic esoterism (while claiming himself to be Buddhist). I am close to Buddhism myself, I think I can form an opinion on the difference there.

But it really peeled my foot nails off when I red his recent comments on the vaccination campaign in Israel, which he described as having turned Israel into "living hell, the most hell-like place on Earth now", and further, translated from the German: "The people who have fled this country, from this country where there was arch evil (…), and have found their country, have turned their own country into something that is even worse than Germany was. So unbelievable. (...) That's the bad thing about the Jews: They learn well. There is no people that learns better than they do. But they have now learned the evil - and implemented it."

Avoid, avoid, avoid. Highly toxic. And blatantly stupid. His danger lies in that he mixes a bit of medicla truths with more half-truths and then a generous dose of untruths. That way many can find somethign in him that makes him attractive for them.

The Austrians sue him for Volksverhetzung. And rightly so.

A pityful example for a once bright and celebrated academic whose mind then kind of degenerated due to age decline, and after becomning a pensioneer not adapting to that he no longer was at the centre of attention. A patriarch that is not wanted anymore - he takes that queer.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-02-21 at 10:48 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 10:04 AM   #7701
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Since most of us lack knowledge about viruses and bacteria we "create" our own belief. Some take the standpoint and believe Corona exist.

Then there are those who believe it's a fake/hoax/conspiracy-We have free speech and free thinking, so if someone want to believe this then it's ok.

BUT it's not ok trying to convince others that Corona is fake/hoax/conspiracy.

This is what people try to do and there are those who believe them-This is dangerous.

I'm divided in this, on one side I say write what's on your mind, on the other side I say hold back in what you write.

For me Corona EXIST..A little sister, a cousin and my brother-in-law was sick from Covid-19.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 10:58 AM   #7702
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Yesterday: I was visiting a family member in a long term care nursing home. The caregiver was feeding my relative and we were discussing the COVID pandemic. Since my sister works in a different assisted living facility, I asked the caregiver what the experience in her nursing home was. She replied that they did have covid in some patients and some staff. Then she paused and said she lost her daughter, 33, in April 2021 to COVID. I expressed my sincere regrets. Oh man, that was heartbreaking.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 12:09 PM   #7703
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Since most of us lack knowledge about viruses and bacteria we "create" our own belief. Some take the standpoint and believe Corona exist.

Then there are those who believe it's a fake/hoax/conspiracy-We have free speech and free thinking, so if someone want to believe this then it's ok.

BUT it's not ok trying to convince others that Corona is fake/hoax/conspiracy.

This is what people try to do and there are those who believe them-This is dangerous.

I'm divided in this, on one side I say write what's on your mind, on the other side I say hold back in what you write.

For me Corona EXIST..A little sister, a cousin and my brother-in-law was sick from Covid-19.

Markus
I don’t think there is one person on this board that believes COVID is a fake/hoax/conspiracy. Nobody I know is a conspiracy theorist, unbeliever or anti-vaxxer. Everyone in my family has had COVID even my 84 year old mother had it. I see valid questions regarding the hypocrisy of leadership, statistics, severity, origin, and politicization of this mess. What I see is when people question and grow tired of the perceived B.S. and just want to get on with life they are a accused of being conspiracy theorists, unbelievers or anti vaxxers.

I got one shot and I’m done, Ive moved on, you want to wear a mask and isolate go ahead. I’m maskless, at work and contributing to the economy. I might die one day by heart attack or stroke, COVID, gunshot by a robber, or head on collision going to work, or we all could be hit by a planet killer piece of rock from outer space. Let me make a toast. Let us drink to gain of function experiments may they continue unabated despite all warnings. After all those warnings are just opinions.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 12:21 PM   #7704
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ I have seen a few on FB who more or less see this Corona as a hoax.

Some of my friends think the government is overdoing it..that Corona isn't that deadly. They are very critical to the Danish government.

Markus

Old 08-02-21, 12:26 PM   #7705
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:

Some of my friends think the government is overdoing it..that Corona isn't that deadly. They are very critical to the Danish government.

Markus
There is no doubt some call this a hoax. The government has earned the idea that they overdue things. Some thinking this is not a surprise. Yes, COVID can be fatal. So can many other viruses. We as a society needs to start learning to live with it. Stop sounding the warning bells and flying the red flags. This virus will not go away.
Old 08-02-21, 12:34 PM   #7706
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yesterday: I was visiting a family member in a long term care nursing home. The caregiver was feeding my relative and we were discussing the COVID pandemic. Since my sister works in a different assisted living facility, I asked the caregiver what the experience in her nursing home was. She replied that they did have covid in some patients and some staff. Then she paused and said she lost her daughter, 33, in April 2021 to COVID. I expressed my sincere regrets. Oh man, that was heartbreaking.
Old 08-02-21, 12:34 PM   #7707
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:

Markus
I think my own government is currently over doing it too, not only over doing it but I think some are a bunch of hypocrites as they make proclamations that everyone but themselves have to follow.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 12:43 PM   #7708
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Most certainly is

Old 08-02-21, 12:57 PM   #7709
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I think my own government is currently over doing it too, not only over doing it but I think some are a bunch of hypocrites as they make proclamations that everyone but themselves have to follow.
Another thing that made me confused.

I've read it here and on FB. friends and people saying I should use my common sense and think logically. The problem is some of the friends say Corona exist and the other say it don't.

As written before - How would it be able to create such a world wide conspiracy - Yes I lack imaginations so I don't how it can be done.

In the beginning I didn't knew what to believe the information was massive hard to tackle.
Then my little sister and her husband(my brother-in-law= got it and was sick then I new it was real. Furthermore I do not have the guts to say hahaha it's a fake I don't need to follow the Danish government instruction.
No I said Not educated but for my and other's life I follow the instruction given to me by the authorities.

Markus

Old 08-02-21, 01:15 PM   #7710
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan