SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-08, 12:08 PM   #1
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0
Default SOS Need help with a few questions

Okay, I bought DW some days ago, but it isn't really what I expected, then I came across a DL link for SCU/SCX so my questions are:

Is it possible to play a campaign from a non US side commanding a modern diesel electric sub with the help of this SCU/SCX feature?

If yes where the heck can I buy sub command then!? I've been searching and searching but all links are dead.....I would prefere to purchase a download so I could get it straight away since I live in a dull little stinky European country where submarine sims is something you only read about

Any help would be appreciated
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 12:30 PM   #2
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

There are a number of Missions for the Kilo Sub out and about - just take a look at SubGurus page. As for getting SC ... buy the Naval Combat Pack (you can download it too), tho due to some tech problems if you use SCX with the SC in the NCP you will not hear any sounds (or was it music?) ...
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 03:36 PM   #3
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105

Or avoid the NCP compatibility problem by buying SC on Ebay.
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 03:56 PM   #4
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Is it possible to play a campaign from a non US side commanding a modern diesel electric sub with the help of this SCU/SCX feature?
I don't remember any campaign like that written for SC, but in any case note that when playing f.e. the Kilo with SCU you get the Akula interfaces but no towed array, the proper Kilo characteristics in sensors, physics and weapons BUT the sub is still treated as a nuke as far as the powerplant goes, i.e. no diesel/electric, no battery recharging, no snorkeling, no diesel consumption, etc.

What's the problem with DW if I may ask? Adding the LWAMI mod it sure feels great to drive the Kilo :hmm:

But anyway, if you get SC it will not dissapoint you, it's a great game and still in my HDD along DW, SH3 and SH4
Old 01-03-08, 04:47 PM   #5
Werewolf
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 69

Okay thanks all of you

@Hitman

Thanks for the detailed answer I didn't know that the diesel features would be lacking :hmm:

Oh nothing is wrong with DW! not in the sense of realism and so on, it's an amazingly complex sim. in my opinion...the only thing I miss is the in depth focus on one platform or service branch only like in the SH series, I mean, either you're a subskipper or commanding a frigate, right? Not jumping from one to the other from mission to mission...I really hate that, to me it makes the sim feel...empty....like being a spectator to a cold war movie or something...maybe I'm just too used to the environment in the SH series The second thing that I miss in any of the new subsims is the ability to play for another site than the US....I don't want to offend any US people in here this is nothing political....what I mean is that in my opinion it would be more challenging to be David instead of Goliath i.e. face the mighty US navy as a rebel sub skipper in a diesel sub or command an FFG from "the other" side etc. all the way through like in SHIII in a dynamic environment and not just through a few missions.....I don't know if I make any sense

Maybe I'm too SH doctrined

Anyway, thanks all of you for your answers

Oh by the way Hitman...what's the LWAMI mod? and where can I find it?
Werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-08, 06:10 PM   #6
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Since you can play the Akula and Kilo Class subs (which are definitly not US) I dont really get what your issue is. Aside from that, the Stock Campaign lets you play more then just the US side (and as pointed out above, there are lots of freely available missions where you can drive either the Akula or Kilo - and damn good ones I might add).

As for the LwAmi Mod, you can get that here : www.subguru.com ... just look at the Downloads page.

Cheers
OS
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote