SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-11, 12:38 AM   #1411
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Maybe I can help a bit here.
- You must have the German U-boat Crew Language Pack if you run DBSM. Enable before you enable DBSM. I recommend that you pick the new "Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6", not the beta4.
- Manos Sopes: After New UIs First install the ''Manos Scopes-Core Files'' and then enable Manos 16:9 after New UIs and let it overwrite.

About the realnav I think Stoianm can answer better.

Hilsen fra Sverige
You do not need ''Manos Scopes-Core Files'' if you use tdw ui... and the real nav must be installed anywere... but after the base mod NEW ui by tdw
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 01:46 AM   #1412
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
You do not need ''Manos Scopes-Core Files'' if you use tdw ui... and the real nav must be installed anywere... but after the base mod NEW ui by tdw

Thanks,
I forgot that you don't need the core files with TDW's New UIs
It's a default, yes?

BTW it would be useful to have a list of all integrated mods that comes updated with every new version.
Just to avoid possible conflicts and for the convenience to make the mod soup list shorter in JSGME.

/

Last edited by Silent Steel; 05-01-11 at 12:47 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 06:59 AM   #1413
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Quote:
Thanks,
It's a default, yes?

BTW it would be to have an list of all integrated mods that comes updated with every new version.
Just to avoid possible conflicts and for the convenience to make the mod soup list shorter in JSGME.

/
Thanks a lot again both of you.
In DKW s readme it say Manos scope 4:3 is default, and he provides patches for other resolutions. really not needed the 16:9 patch?
regards and thx again..off to study the DBSM readme..

Last edited by Husksubsky; 04-29-11 at 07:12 AM.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 07:11 AM   #1414
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Thanks,
It's a default, yes?

BTW it would be to have an list of all integrated mods that comes updated with every new version.

/
I agree. simple is better and they would come in later versions of Mo. just TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5 that is left out of Mo..maybe he has a reason for leaving it out? anyway I don t think that is an important mod
Old 04-29-11, 08:35 AM   #1415
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husksubsky View Post
Thanks a lot again both of you.
In DKW s readme it say Manos scope 4:3 is default, and he provides patches for other resolutions. really not needed the 16:9 patch?
regards and thx again..off to study the DBSM readme..
If your screen resolution is 16:9 you need to activate this patch as well.

//
Old 04-29-11, 09:33 AM   #1416
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Maybe I can help a bit here.
- You must have the German U-boat Crew Language Pack if you run DBSM.

Hilsen fra Sverige
Stoianm s first answer: for the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack is ''NO'' - i did not know that you have the game installed in german... you do not need (I read something like that..when it s installed with german voice).you sure?
hilsen fra Norge
Old 04-29-11, 09:50 AM   #1417
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Quote:
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5 that is left out of Mo..maybe he has a reason for leaving it out? anyway I don t think that is an important mod
It isn´t in MO because TDW released it after v0.0.1 . And I beg to disagree, to me it´s a very important mod.
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-11, 10:46 AM   #1418
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
It isn´t in MO because TDW released it after v0.0.1 . And I beg to disagree, to me it´s a very important mod.
Then it will be in the next MO update
Old 04-29-11, 04:46 PM   #1419
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Then it will be in the next MO update
I hope so!
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 01:54 AM   #1420
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Stoianm s first answer: for the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack is ''NO'' - i did not know that you have the game installed in german... you do not need (I read something like that..when it s installed with german voice).you sure?
hilsen fra Norge
I don't think you must have SH5 installed in german.

Hmm, when it comes to the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack I'm not sure. But Stoianm told that in post 1409. A reliable source.
I have SH5 installed in german but I'll make a test today if it works without that pack.
When I had a question and sent Stormy my mod list I had the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack acttivated and he made no remark about it.

But I am sure you need:
"Mighty fine crew mod 1.21" and the TheDarkWraith's new UIs from 6.3.7 or later verions.

Stormy told me not to "install Hotfix 3, last mod should be beta 3... (beta3 includes all hotfixes)."

Still it shouldn't make any harm if you go ahead and give it a try. It is a must have. No question about it!!!!!

You can always save your mod list in JSGME. Do you know how to do it?
If not PM me and I'll help you out.

Til later - good hunting

Last edited by Silent Steel; 05-02-11 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-30-11, 03:19 AM   #1421
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
I don't think you must have SH5 installed in german.

Hmm, when it comes to the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack I'm not sure. But Stoianm told that in post 1409. A reliable source.
I have SH5 installed in german but I'll make a test today if it works without that pack. A reliable
When I had a question and sent Stormy my mod list I had the German U-Boat Crew Language Pack acttivated and he made no remark about it.

But I am sure you need:
"Mighty fine crew mod 1.21" and the TheDarkWraith's new UIs from 6.3.7 or later verions.

Stormy told me not to "install Hotfix 3, last mod should be beta 3... (beta3 includes all hotfixes)."

Still it shouldn't make any harm if you go ahead and give it a try. It is a must have. No question about it!!!!!

You can always save your mod list in JSGME. Do you know how to do it?
If not PM me and I'll help you out.

Til later - good hunting
Don t worry my swedish friend. Thanks to Jwilliams, Dkw,Stoianm and now you I have a mod list that works.
Magnum_Opus_v0_0_1 (patch1+2)
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_0_ByTheDarkWraith
I put Manos 16:9 patch here
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_0 das boot crew mod here

realnav here
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod
stormys hotfix here
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional -6db damped Sonarguy
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional NavMap babelling
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional remaining orig sounds converted to 22Khz
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 additional crew sounds beta6
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 optional louder engine sounds

everything seem to work great..but:
all huds(SH5Enhanced) are gone when I start a campaign. some come after I shot the first ship, but not those in the upper right corner.Seem like theres a tutorial I have to go through, but if so I need to deactivate realnav since I can t click on my u boat.heard of this? ( I put a post in the
NewUIs_TDC_6_5_0 mod thread).
All the Ui s are visible in historical missions!!!!
what do you see if you start a new campaign?

I love the sound. Some of the hotkeys seem messed up though.I still have log on "L" not clock as it says and 3-4 more seem messed.rest is ok.I should not need hotkeys with all menus up right? but the hole upper right stuff is missing atm.is it in DKW s user options I assign keys? Stormy s readme said something about it but I couldn t find where to do it.heres from Stormys mod first post:

"
Dont forget to customize your "TheDarkWraith`s new UI`s options file" to assign your keyboard layout acordingly fitting to the allready existing key commands that come from Church`s Key command mod."

I must be slow. I don t really understand it . But I assume if I mess around with hotkeys I might end up with uncoordinated sound/action yeah?

Last but unsignificant is that the map is hopeless to read lat and lon on. Stoianms grid map would help maybe?

The dissappeared menus are my main peoblem anyways...oh btw..about the language pack I m quiet sure I understood correct from stormys mod thread (first post) and Stoianm is that you don t need the game installed with german voices (as you say), but if you don t have game installed with german voices then you need the language package. unless you want to move all the sound files and put them manually in JSGME.

I m so close to success..can t give up now. I don t know how many times I need to beg you guys to be patient.After all I installed the game first time of my life 14 days ago

Old 04-30-11, 03:30 AM   #1422
jwilliams
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 124

The missing UI is because your doing the tutorial. As you get further through the tutorial, parts of the UI will become visible/useable. Hopefully this will be modded out of the game soon. Because its really confusing, the first time you do it. And just plain annoying if you have to do it a second, or more times.

I would advise to complete the tutorial before adding mods to the game. Because some mods (like Real nav) remove features that are needed to complete the tutorial.

Once you've completed the tutorial. You can then add all the mods and start a new campaign. You will have an option to skip the tutorial if you've already completed it.

Or you can edit the CareerHistory.cfg file (C:\Users\Username\Documents\SH5\data\cfg) to look like this...

Code:
[CareerProgress]
ProgressID=Campaign-2011-04-16_1053
ProgressDate=19390906
CampaignID=TotalGermany39
HasCompletedTutorial=true
Just add/edit the yellow line.

Last edited by jwilliams; 04-30-11 at 11:23 PM.
jwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-11, 03:36 AM   #1423
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

and unninstal this mod: stormys hotfix here
is in beta6 already
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-11, 08:36 AM   #1424
Husksubsky
XO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
The missing UI is because your doing the tutorial. As you get further through the tutorial, parts of the UI will become visible/useable. Hopefully this will be modded out of the game soon. Because its really confusing, the first time you do it. And just plain annoying if you have to do it a second, or more times.

I would advise to complete the tutorial before adding mods to the game. Because some mods (like Real nav) remove features that are needed to complete the tutorial.

Once you've completed the tutorial. You can then add all the mods and start a new campaign. You will have an option to skip the tutorial if you've already completed it.

Or you can edit the CareerHistory.cfg file (C:\Users\Username\Documents\SH5\data\cfg) to look like this...

Code:
[CareerProgress]
ProgressID=Campaign-2011-04-16_1053
ProgressDate=19390906
CampaignID=TotalGermany39
HasCompletedTutorial=true
Just add/edit the yellow line.

thx mate
Old 05-02-11, 08:37 AM   #1425
Husksubsky
XO