Old 08-20-20, 12:17 AM   #10201
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The year has 53 weeks. Not.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/de...ay-basic-needs

As I red today, and that is true for everywhere:

"Central bank balance sheets are like ammonium nitrate".

If you think the one has nothing to do with the other, think twice. And then think again until you hear that sound from that penny dropping.
Old 08-20-20, 12:46 AM   #10202
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...thing-n1237358

Big Brother on TV is a program for scholars and intellectuals, compared to this dwarf.
Old 08-20-20, 04:01 AM   #10203
Skybird
Soaring

Got parts of Obama's speech at their convention. Very sharp attack on Trump, but it keeps me wondering. Harris have brought the Dems a mssive raise in fincialo donations, more than Biden could have hoped for by his own means. And Biden needs plenty of flank protection. Why haven't they made Harris main candidate and then somebody else her vice? Leaves me wondering whether Obama really thinks Biden was th ebest card to play, and maybe he is becasue of that doubt so sharp in his engagement.

On the other hand Trump has uifairly and often maliciously attacked Obama so often and kicked below the belt so often, that wanting to get the score straighter maybe is understandable.

I am no fan of Obama. But one thing one has to give to him. He shows a class and style that Trump could not even dream of to ever reach, even if living for a thousand years.
Old 08-20-20, 05:06 AM   #10204
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Can't wait to vote this year, even for a mediocre/bad candidate like Biden.. Trump is in my opinion the worst President to sit in the Oval office.
Old 08-20-20, 05:20 AM   #10205
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Why haven't they made Harris main candidate and then somebody else her vice?
You should know that it doesn't work that way. They don't 'make' anyone their candidate. There is a process to become the nominee. Harris failed miserably in her attempt to become the nominee. She couldn't win her home state of California and dropped out early. It would appear that her main qualifications to be the VP pick by Biden's own admission is her gender and her race. Her shinning moment in the Democrat primary was accusing Joe Biden of being a racist.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-20-20, 05:21 AM   #10206
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
No surprise here.

It becomes increasingly difficult to discriminate
between political motivation and mental illness.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-20-20, 11:50 AM   #10207
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Steve Bannon, architect of Trump's 2016 win, charged with defrauding border-wall donors:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN25G1J4?il=0

Quote:
Bannon was among four people arrested on Thursday and charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering in an indictment secured by federal prosecutors in Manhattan. Prosecutors accused the defendants of defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through a $25 million crowdfunding campaign called “We Build the Wall,” the Justice Department said. They each face up to 40 years in prison.

Prosecutors said Bannon received more than $1 million of that money through an unnamed nonprofit organization.

Also charged were Brian Kolfage, 38, Andrew Badolato, 56, and Timothy Shea, 49, who prosecutors said were involved in the effort.
Kolfage took $350,000 for his personal use, according to the indictment. A triple-amputee U.S. Air Force veteran, Kolfage formerly ran a company that made millions of dollars running right-wing media websites. He first pledged to send donations to the U.S. government when he launched the effort in December 2018, but then said he would use the money to hire private contractors and build the wall on their own.
Hey em2nought, hows that #GoFundTheWall doing?
Old 08-20-20, 12:11 PM   #10208
Subnuts
The Old Man

Downloads: 14

(Person)Steve Bannon was (verb)arrested (place)at sea by the (organization) post office for committing (crime)mail fraud.

Hate to break it to you guys, but I think God is just playing Madlibs at this point.

Old 08-20-20, 01:42 PM   #10209
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Saw a short video clip where former President Obama was criticizing President Trump.

I was thinking...I'm not an American I do not have 110 % insight in American politics, so it may be ok for a former POTUS to criticize a sitting POTUS..

I wonder though what have you done for the American, not the rich, but the poor, the workers and many other things, things which made many American put their vote on Trump last election.

Later in the news a Journalist, who are an expert on American politics said

This is out of the ordinary, never in modern US politics have a former president criticised a sitting President.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-20-20, 03:04 PM   #10210
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
I am no fan of Obama. But one thing one has to give to him. He shows a class and style that Trump could not even dream of to ever reach, even if living for a thousand years.
Yeah, he does, but class and style didn't do anything to help the country during his 8 years.

Why haven't they made Harris main candidate and then somebody else her vice?

Are you kidding? She was in the running and was one of the first to fail and get out of the race. The Dem voters didn't want her, they preferred 10 other candidates over her. Yes, here she is, running as VP? Want to guess why?
Old 08-20-20, 03:22 PM   #10211
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Yeah, he does, but class and style didn't do anything to help the country during his 8 years.
And Trump...?

Quote:
Are you kidding? She was in the running and was one of the first to fail and get out of the race. The Dem voters didn't want her, they preferred 10 other candidates over her. Yes, here she is, running as VP? Want to guess why?
She she seems to bring in voters. And already got more donations right now for the campaign than Biden so far managed to bring in, I read.

I also read that now he wants Americans to boycott Goodyear. Did nobody tell him that his limousine "The Beast" rolls on Goodyear special tires?

Really, its absurd to constantly bash ob Obama when comariong to Trump. I did smack Obama myself, too, for his international policy things. But compared to Trump, nationally as well as internationally,all american presidents I have expoerience din ym adult life so far were lesser evil. Trump is the absolute worst casd scenario. Make it worse than Trump, and you nation will fall apart and go upo in flames.

In a second term, he must not hold back anymore, as long as he does not want to try changing rules so to get a third term, like some of his idols use to do it at home in Russia, China, Belarus, Turkey. Trump years 5-8 will be much, much worse than years 1-4. For you. For us. For everybody.

And not forgetting one thing. Trump'S handling of the Corona virus has led to the needless death of more Americans than was inevitable, more than there have been casualties in Vietnam, Korea, Ireaq, afghanistan, or any other war back to the world wars. He walks on a road of dead bodies that still could live with a more competent administration in charge of managing the virus cirsis. - Means: no other American president has kicked you into such a loss of citizens' lives , than this one has. To call him a monster, would only be fair. And the body count is still far from over.
Old 08-20-20, 03:48 PM   #10212
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
She she seems to bring in voters. And already got more donations right now for the campaign than Biden so far managed to bring in, I read.
Donations are not votes.

Quote:
In a second term, he must not hold back anymore, as long as he does not want to try changing rules so to get a third term
You are doing it again. Where do you come up with this stuff? It is not possible. Stop worrying about it.

Quote:
And not forgetting one thing. Trump'S handling of the Corona virus has led to the needless death of more Americans than was inevitable, more than there have been casualties in Vietnam, Korea, Ireaq, afghanistan, or any other war back to the world wars. He walks on a road of dead bodies that still could live with a more competent administration in charge of managing the virus cirsis. - Means: no other American president has kicked you into such a loss of citizens' lives , than this one has. To call him a monster, would only be fair. And the body count is still far from over.
You are doing it again. Such nonsense. Might I remind you once again of how the American system works. The President does not control what individual states do and how they handle such situations. He doesn't have that power. Nor does he control Congress. When the Covid problem should have been addressed by The House, guess what they were busy doing?

It's kind of funny that you and others think that the President should have unlimited powers to solve problems and at the same time fret that he will somehow give himself unlimited power.

To much CNN.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 08-20-20, 04:05 PM   #10213
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

If there's something I wonder I ask my American friends how, why and who when it comes to American politics.

I have also learned the answer I have been given I keep for myself.
I have fully confidence that what you have told me is 100 % correct.

Reason when a friend/friends friend or a Danish/Swedish newspaper have an article about Trump and someone wrote thing I knew wasn't correct(from what you have told me) I use to write a comment an little correction and oh man....never again.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 08-20-20, 04:08 PM   #10214
Skybird
Soaring

U crank

You are too trusting in written rules. And rules can be changed. If not legally, then by use of force, fraud, cheating, psychological manipulation, media control. Nothing of that is unheard of. And nothing of it is something Trump shies away from.

He has explicitly said and confirmed that often enough. And his fans let him get away with it, and excuse him.

This way, tyranny gets born.

Your implication that Trump had no effect on the handling of corona, is, sorry, naive.
Old 08-20-20, 04:21 PM   #10215
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

A question(again)

As u crank wrote
"The President does not control what individual states do and how they handle such situations"

Isn't there some kind of Presidential order in which he can give general orders to all the States
(I have forgot what they are called)

Markus
mapuc is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter