Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-20, 04:51 PM   #8551
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I talk aboutr racism and ethnicity-based disadvantaging, Neal. Its a sociological finding with very strong empirical fundament that often seems to be ignored in the US because the law says it is not so or the claim is "it cannot be what should not be". Still, the case is made time and again. Comparable to Germany claiming by its constitution to be a secular country, while the special treatment of Islam-related cases at courts or the financial favouring of the churches in Germany speak clear evidence that Germany is anything - but not secular at all.

If I were living in the US, no matter my skin colour, and would have a job that exists because the president claism to have made it so, I sitll would not be thnakful and vote for him, if he would behave like Trump. Dirt remains to be dirt and a foul character remains to be a fpould character - and the many occaisons on which he showed utmost offensive behavuour and language would not suddenly seize to exist in the history books. Not to mention that the claimed economical success of Trump imo rest on feet of clay and are borrowed from the future only, fin ancially. Debts are soaring, the dollar isinflating like crazy and the military seems to exist only to defend the bancrupt dollar and the bancrupt dollar protects itself by financing the military, and the stock values seem to have gone through the ceiling. When years ago nthe FED reverse the low interest policy and raised interests again I wrote here in the fourm that it will not take long until it must stop that and lower them again, and what has happened? In 2019 the FEd reduced ionterests three times again - not becasue Trump wan ted it, but becasue by it sown money theory it had no tohe rhcnace, the attempt to escape the low interst drama had fialed with flying colours, and it will never go back to normal again. Especially the latter should make you think, Neil! What happens when you inflate the volume of money? Prices go up. People flee in gold, property, assets. What has happened to the FEDs (and ECB's) "Bilanzsumme", I think that is "total assets"? They went steeply up. Who is the biggest customer of state bonds today? Central banks. No san eporivate peopel buys them anymore, China and Russia have practically abandoned Us bonds completely, and reshifted into gold.

Stock holders should not feel safe. It has beocme incraiosngly common tzat companies buy back their stocks in the present, becasue there is so mjuch value-free money that they do not know what to do with it, and then they reduce stock shares and force porivaste investors out again, who then are left with almost nothing than just a heap of inflation-banknotes. Whjat they planned top be the basis of their econiomic income once they had become old, has disappeared. The Euro since it appeared has lost 30% of its buying power, the loss in buying power of the dollar is said to be in the rnage of 20-30% as well. The ammount of circulating money, both printed banknotes and book money, has multifgplied ba severla factors. Debts are higher than 2003 and 2007. The ETF marfket has formed a snowballing bubble - and nobody seems to realise it.

You seem to take the firework Trump is firing for lasting success and for real. But like me you are not yet old enough to escape the surprise at the end of the show.

Trump does what he does best: bluffing, and leaving the bills to pay to tohers later on. that means: YOU, and the world as well. Meanwhile the suicide rates amongst some of his core voter groups - farmers - is at record heights, and five to six times above national mean frequency over all job areas. College loans deny increasing parts of the academically educated population a truly sovereign future and keepo them in financial dependency leaving them vulnerable to low wage exploitation later on. The usual suspects amongst disadvantaged social groups trai further and further behind in life expectancy and access to self-sustaining jobs and careers, access to health care. The tax reductions mainly benefit those who have much, and not so muh those who have little. The gap betgween rich and poor is drmataically win deing, which creates an awesome lot of social explosve. The fundament of financing the needed funding of future pensions is beign eroded by havign destroyed the credibility of the currency system.

You applaud this? With so much nitroglycerine around, I say you better dont clap your hands even a single time anymore. Like Europe, you live on tick. The system already plays in overtime, and the scoring tie exists only because the referees were massively bribed. Some years ago I said: where Greece back then was, Germany will be, and maybe sooner than one imagines. I could as well say: where Argentine has been, the US will be. Once the world cannot afford to believe in the dollar bluff anymore, its power will collapse. Such currency cancer like we allowed to unfold, cannot be survived. Its lethal, and economically we all lie in intensive care already. We just do not want to realise it. We can run, but we cannot hide. Stocks, gold, property, cash money - the state will steal it either way. The state always does (and nobody knows that better than Germany, we have had over half a dozen of currencies in less than 100 years).

Note that my viewsd here are not my own creation. I just summarise and bring together the views of many other, more promient people, and arange the peices into a single biugge rpricture, in a way that the poeices makes best possibole sense to me. Needless to say: the picture I get this way, is one I do not like at all. Its frightening. And it should be.
Old 02-05-20, 05:52 PM   #8552
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Note that my viewsd here are not my own creation. I just summarise and bring together the views of many other, more promient people, and arange the peices into a single biugge rpricture, in a way that the poeices makes best possibole sense to me. Needless to say: the picture I get this way, is one I do not like at all. Its frightening. And it should be.
That's why that wall of text makes very little sense
Old 02-05-20, 08:59 PM   #8553
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Needless to say: the picture I get this way, is one I do not like at all. Its frightening. And it should be.
The only thing I find frightening* is the ease with which a growing segment of society can detach itself from the realities of human nature. I'll say again, because I have lived it: opportunties here are fantastic, if people will make the smart choices and work hard.

* I don't really find it "frightening", as in I fear it. But it does annoy me.
Old 02-06-20, 11:09 AM   #8554
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
I talk aboutr racism and ethnicity-based disadvantaging, Neal.
That is all well and good but what is your plan to fix it? Reparations? All ethnicity have some degree of disadvantaging. Some believe some members in society are handed everything. I'm not sure about you but where I live..many ethnicity are driving cars 4 times the cost of mine, live in a home 5 times larger and send their kids to private schools. Was it easy for these people to get to where they are? Probably not, however, ultimately they got there with hard work and perseverance. The point being, the opportunity is there if one works for it. Yes, it sounds simplistic. Yes, some working for it have it easier to obtain the goal. There is no way around it. But sitting on ones laurel waiting on a Bernie Sanders to send them a check is not a recipe for success.
Old 02-06-20, 11:49 AM   #8555
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The message of the farce the senate has delivered:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/05/o...nio/index.html
Old 02-06-20, 12:29 PM   #8556
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

This is nothing new and as old as the system. Try reading newspapers from 100 years ago.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 02-06-20, 01:16 PM   #8557
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon12 'and with the quid pro quo be handy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
This is nothing new and as old as the system. Try reading newspapers from 100 years ago.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2639883&postcount=8222
well.... we've washed our hands on this one; who we gonna crucify next!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 02-06-20, 02:10 PM   #8558
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
The message of the farce the senate has delivered:
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/05/o...nio/index.html
CNN just loves Trump. Do you believe CNN may be a bit jaded with Trump and what Trump feels about CNN? Do you realize Trump never asks CNN to any news releases or conferences? CNN will somehow vilify Trump if he saved a puppy from drowning.

The only message here is, others in this position that came before played the same games. But there was two differences, the other team was not out to get them at all costs as Trump was the day he was sworn in(Russian collusion). There was no plants that would become whistle blowers.
Old 02-06-20, 03:19 PM   #8559
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The comment above ^ made me wonder.

Which media can a person trust, when it comes to Mr. Trump ?

We have a few channel here in Denmark who have news program on their schedule or some kind of documentary and all of them seems to have joined some international (we-don't-like-Trump-as-President-and-as-a-person)club

Then there is those alt-right media. I have problems trusting those media.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-06-20, 04:33 PM   #8560
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The comment above ^ made me wonder.

We have a few channel here in Denmark who have news program on their schedule or some kind of documentary and all of them seems to have joined some international (we-don't-like-Trump-as-President-and-as-a-person)club

Then there is those alt-right media. I have problems trusting those media.

Markus
Not many. OneAmericanNews OAN I hear actually provides news and not opinion like the major networks. But who knows. I trust none of them.
Old 02-07-20, 05:31 AM   #8561
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Not many. OneAmericanNews OAN I hear actually provides news and not opinion like the major networks. But who knows. I trust none of them.
OANN is on the extreme right.
Old 02-07-20, 07:27 AM   #8562
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Unfortunatly you can't. My own personal belief is that you have to shop around and get a variety of opinions and then make up your own mind. In the internet age that is very easy.

This web site is excellent. A wide range of views with no editorializing.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com

If you are going to find out something close to the truth you are going to have to work for it.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 02-07-20, 09:59 AM   #8563
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post

The only message here is, others in this position that came before played the same games. But there was two differences, the other team was not out to get them at all costs as Trump was the day he was sworn in(Russian collusion). There was no plants that would become whistle blowers.
Well, as I see it, this opposition undermining the present president thing has been going on as long as I have been around. They were certainly doing it during the Nixon administration, Reagan, Clinton, Bush and Obama. I think the big difference is the level of escalation.

I mean, during Clinton the Republicans were looking for any dirt they could find on Slick Willy. And they succeeded, maneuvering him right into a perjury trap. I don't feel one bit of remorse for Clinton, the patronizing, lying, woman abusing sob. But I will grant him this; he was much more centrist and willing to work with the right than Obama.

The Democrats undercut Bush II every chance they got.

The Republicans would not work with Obama, they neutered his presidency from the start (with good cause in many cases), even went so far as to deny his right to fill a Supreme Court vacancy, which even I think was brazen and wrong (but again, I have to admit I was happy about the outcome).

Trump brings a lot of this on himself, he does not try to smooth-talk or negotiate with his opponents. And that may be the right approach. But it certainly is leading us down a path to civil war: we have two equally sized sides in this country who are getting farther apart and less hindered by tact and civility. A powderkeg.

Trump will likely be the last Republican/conservative president, with the way the illegal immigration and watering down of American masculinity is going. And we conservatives will have to learn how to be a permanent minority, politically.

I think in the end, that will work out. I mean, we may have a couple generations of increasing poverty, having our lives managed by govt bureaucrats, and dependence on government, followed by a tougher generation who can see why our Founding Fathers decried tyranny and excessive government in the first place. I only wish I could be around for the Second American Revolution.
Old 02-07-20, 10:35 AM   #8564
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Trump will likely be the last Republican/conservative president, with the way the illegal immigration and watering down of American masculinity is going. And we conservatives will have to learn how to be a permanent minority, politically.

I think in the end, that will work out. I mean, we may have a couple generations of increasing poverty, having our lives managed by govt bureaucrats, and dependence on government, followed by a tougher generation who can see why our Founding Fathers decried tyranny and excessive government in the first place. I only wish I could be around for the Second American Revolution.
That is a distinct possibility but there is another one that is unfolding right now. There is a war going on in the Democrat party that could be a disaster for them. If the divide between the extreme left/progressives and the moderate wing gets out of control any possibility of winning the WH might be lost. In my humble opinion this was caused when Obama refused to endorse Biden. He may have had good reasons but it opened the door for Sanders, Warren and Buttigieg to gain ground.

Pass the popcorn.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 02-07-20, 01:34 PM   #8565
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post

This web site is excellent. A wide range of views with no editorializing.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com
yes, probably the best out there, they will usually present both a pro-Trump and anti-Trump article on the same story. You read both and the Truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

"The Hill" and "Politico" are not bad, both usually have an anti-Trump bias, but they are not overtly partisan like CNN or FOX.

If you want an intelligent conservative publication, "The Federalist" is a good choice. They have well written articles and bring up interesting subjects that more mainstream sites ignore.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter