SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-09, 08:51 PM   #1
cookieguy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default So sorry...noob question!

I'm so sorry to have to ask this question. I feel like a complete mid-life dimwit, but I, for the life of me, cannot get a MOD, any MOD to install!
I've only just recently got SH4 and fancied trying out the TM 1.9 and the MOD that makes the sea look awesome (sorry cannot remember the name of it)
I downloaded generic MOD Enabler and to be honest, have no clue as to what I'm meant to be doing next!
I know, I know, what a thicko, but hey ho, we've all got to learn somehow.
So please, show some compassion on a fellow shipmate and let me know in the most basic way you know how, what I need to do to install these great MODS.
Thanks in advance
Cookieguy
Old 12-20-09, 10:17 PM   #2
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieguy View Post
I'm so sorry to have to ask this question. I feel like a complete mid-life dimwit, but I, for the life of me, cannot get a MOD, any MOD to install!
I've only just recently got SH4 and fancied trying out the TM 1.9 and the MOD that makes the sea look awesome (sorry cannot remember the name of it)
I downloaded generic MOD Enabler and to be honest, have no clue as to what I'm meant to be doing next!
I know, I know, what a thicko, but hey ho, we've all got to learn somehow.
So please, show some compassion on a fellow shipmate and let me know in the most basic way you know how, what I need to do to install these great MODS.
Thanks in advance
Cookieguy

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/5181035206
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 03:17 PM   #3
cookieguy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi again ,thanks for that link, very helpful, although I'm still having problems DOH!
I have searched the forum for a solution before resorting to asking for more help......
My download of trigger overhaul 1.9 does not open out as shown (pile of books) and therefore it does not show any file called REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul.7z for me to move into the JSGME.
My JSGME also does not create a MOD folder in the game folder as shown (it doesn't seem to create one at all.

SIGH... sorry for being noobish ,but if anyone could assist I would be very grateful.

FYI I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) if that makes a scrap of difference! LOL

Thanks in advance
Cookieguy
Old 01-28-10, 06:38 AM   #4
Trool323
Sparky

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieguy View Post
Hi again ,thanks for that link, very helpful, although I'm still having problems DOH!
I have searched the forum for a solution before resorting to asking for more help......
My download of trigger overhaul 1.9 does not open out as shown (pile of books) and therefore it does not show any file called REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul.7z for me to move into the JSGME.
My JSGME also does not create a MOD folder in the game folder as shown (it doesn't seem to create one at all.

SIGH... sorry for being noobish ,but if anyone could assist I would be very grateful.

FYI I'm using Windows 7 (64bit) if that makes a scrap of difference! LOL

Thanks in advance
Cookieguy
You probably got this resolved allready since this post was a month ago but if not Its okay everbody has a nOObie problem from time to time. The "REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul.7z" is ziped with a program called 7zip. you will want to google 7zip and get the program to open your file.

after you do that you will be able to use JSGME to install the mod..

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158704
Trool323 is offline   Reply With Quote