SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-10, 05:19 AM   #31
wamphyri
Lieutenant

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

danevang .. check out this thread. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=165563
wamphyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 03:30 PM   #32
Danevang
Helmsman

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamphyri View Post
Thanks a lot. That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress.

Last edited by Danevang; 04-05-10 at 04:18 AM.
Danevang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-10, 06:51 AM   #33
Fansadox
Watch

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danevang View Post
Thanks a lot. That will probably speed up things. I'll keep you posted on the new skins as soon as there is progress.
Gl sailor !
Fansadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 01:13 PM   #34
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 01:29 PM   #35
alexradu89
Lieutenant

Downloads: 94

Fantastic job Danevang!
alexradu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-10, 02:01 PM   #36
Danevang
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar19681 View Post
I have a problem with this mod. I did my first mission with the spotted camouflage in the med with this mod. But on my second patrol in the med my camouflage is gone again!!! I tried everything i tried reload in base several times , i made sure that the camouflage actually was selected in base. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the mod in JGME , tried installing the mod manually but still no joy AARRRGGGHHH!! Its suck that the freakin camouflage needs a mod in the first place! I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.
Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

Quote:
I fear that i,m gradually loosing interest in sh-5 despite being so confident when i first got it.
I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves!

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work.

Old 03-29-10, 02:08 PM   #37
Danevang
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexradu89 View Post
Fantastic job Danevang!
Thanks, I'm glad someone is finding the mod useful, I certainly know that I felt a bit disappointed when I found out that my brand new camo wasn't showing in game!

Just a little update by the way, I've found info on various Kriegsmarine
u-boat colours, primer paints, camouflage patterns etc. so as soon as my exam project is done, I'll give work on those those new skins a big push! Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about them!

Old 03-29-10, 02:57 PM   #38
oscar19681
Admiral

Quote:
Hmm, that does sound strange...

I'm not quite sure what could be causing that, but a few things does spring to mind:

-Did you get a new conning tower? That would require that you install the proper new camouflage via the mod folders. (this of cause also applies to a new u-boat)

-Try selecting the standard paint scheme in the base, before your next patrol. The mod replaces the standart non camouflage paint job for the relevant u-boat/conning tower combination.

-The paint scheme shown in base is sometimes not the one actually applied to the boat, did you start the patrol, and still have the problem, or did you only try reloading in base?

I know the feeling, I had to redownload and reinstall all my Ubisoft games today, because of a problem with the Ubi Launcher...they're testing my nerves!

I'll see if I can't think of more things that could be causing this, if the few things I just mentioned didn't work.
No new conning tower. Just standart VIIC with spotted camouflage . I have it installed in JGME as force type viic camo c. What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?

Jim Morrison 1943-1971

Last edited by oscar19681; 03-29-10 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-29-10, 04:14 PM   #39
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
Old 03-29-10, 04:41 PM   #40
Danevang
Helmsman

Quote:
What i dont understand is why the VIIC,s in the pictures are only represented with the extra flak conning tower. Isnt there an option for the standart VIIC conning tower?
Yeah...that's because I got lazy, and didn't want to make that many pictures, of each boat individually. The images are just to illustrate how the camo looks, and which types and conning towers it is available for. Both the type B & C camo c pictures are of the same boat, as you only need to see what the camo looks like, and what boats you can apply it too.

Quote:
Downloaded you latest version. But there is also no option to select the camo c for the standart VIIC. There only is an option for the upgraded VIIC.
That's because the game only comes with type VIIC camo c for the upgraded tower. Yeah, the developers really did a great job... I'm planning on converting the camouflages in the next version, so that all camouflages can be applied to all boats. (as the developers SHOULD have done in the stock game!)

Last edited by Danevang; 04-05-10 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-29-10, 04:53 PM   #41
oscar19681
Admiral

Quote:
Yeah...that's because I got lazy, and didn't want to make that many pictures, of each boat individually. The images are just to illustrate how the camo looks, and which types and conning towers it is available for. Both the type B & C camo c pictures are of the same boat, as you only need to see what the camo looks like, and what boats you can apply it too.

That's because the game only comes with type VIIC camo c for the upgraded tower. Yeah, the developers really did a great job... I'm planning on converting the camouflages in the next version, so that all camouflages can be applied to all boats. (as the developers SHOULD have done in the stock game!)
What do you mean the camo c only comes with the upgraded tower? I mean i,ve seen the camo on the standard VIIC? It dissapeared after my first patrol in the med but its got to be there. Anyway thanks for doing work the devs should have done in the first place.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
Old 03-30-10, 01:32 AM   #42
Danevang
Helmsman

Quote:
What do you mean the camo c only comes with the upgraded tower? I mean i,ve seen the camo on the standard VIIC? It dissapeared after my first patrol in the med but its got to be there.
A few things:

-How did you install the camo C for the type VIIC with standard conning tower? It's not available in my mod.

(Don't mind the strange language in the screenshots, it's the arcane language of Danish. )

**IMAGE REMOVED**

-Also, the textures for type VIIC with standard conning tower (called "01" in the texture files) with camo C is not included in the game at all. Only standart paint, camo A, U552 and U404 are available...oh, and "Albrech"! (haha, I'm prety sure they mean ALBERICH coating!):

**IMAGE REMOVED**

I have absolutely no idea how the camo C could have shown up on your first patrol in the type VIIC with standard conning tower...but it shouldn't be possible anyway, so don't feel cheated that it disappeared.

Anyway, as I said in an earlier post, I'll make all the camouflages available for all the u-boats, as soon as I get the time.

Old 03-30-10, 08:29 AM   #43
oscar19681
Admiral

Well it was there before i installed your mod. It shows the spots on the u-boat on the entire u-boat insted of only the conning tower. Just check your camo options in the u-boat pen.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
Old 03-30-10, 11:16 AM   #44
Danevang
Helmsman

I honestly have no idea how that happened, two textures are used for each sub, a "conning" and a "structure". The only files in the texture library with camo c is:

Conning_7B_00_camo_c.dds
Conning_7C_02_camo_c.dds

Anyway, this mod can enable the camouflages shown in the camo overview image (first post), beyond that, it's developer-/no mans land.

Old 03-30-10, 03:14 PM   #45
Danevang
Helmsman

Just a little preview on the skins I'm working on. This one is of one of the colour schemes of the U-Boat force, "Schlickgrau 58" paint. It's a work in progress, but it's just to let you guys know that I haven't forgotten the skins, and that it won't be long before they're ready for release.

I've compared one of my skins with the standard grey colour scheme skin of the stock game. It's very hard...impossible, to get all the details in a few low res screens, but just to give an impression:

Feedback on the new skin look, good and bad, would be very welcome! Does the new skin look too worn, too little, is something missing etc.

PLANS FOR NEXT RELEASE:

-All camouflages will be available for every u-boat types, and for every conning tower.
-New skins will be available for every u-boat types, and for every conning tower.
-Improvement of the standard game skins, clean and camouflages.
-Also, the mod will get a name change, as it's scope will have grown somewhat, from just being a bug workarround with a a limited number of stock game camouflages, to an expanded collection of skins that can be applied at any time, to any u-boat.

I'll keep you updated!

-Danevang