Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-22, 12:01 PM   #1006
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Well RT.com is still up on my end.

But I cannot access the russian defense ministry website.
Old 02-25-22, 12:02 PM   #1007
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

So you say we should continue in participating in the rape of Ukraine, because if we stop it, it nevertheless would not mean that the Russians stop, too?

China and Russia are no allies, and Xi and Putin are no friends, they are still too far apart and have too different interests, even have conflicts in ideology, policies, and even territories. Let the two do what they want, we must not conspire with them in the raping of their assaulted victims.

I just said it before. Its the right thing to do (to stop financing them). Either you get it or you don't. Its the right thing to do. The only right thing. Evertyhing else we do leaves us not being one bit better than Russia or China. We then are like them.
Old 02-25-22, 12:12 PM   #1008
Skybird
Soaring

In response to U.S. sanctions in the Ukraine war, Russia's space chief has warned that the ISS could crash into the United States. U.S. President Biden is probably unaware of how important Russian engines are for the 500-ton space station, he said. Europe could also be affected.

The head of Russia's space agency has warned of an uncontrolled crash of the International Space Station (ISS) as a consequence of U.S. sanctions in the Ukraine war. The debris of the 500-ton construction could then possibly hit the USA or Europe.

Thats at least a score for original and imaginative thinking. Whether it is realistic or not, I cannot assess.
Old 02-25-22, 12:20 PM   #1009
Skybird
Soaring

Russia is threatening Finland in the event that the neighboring state moves further toward NATO membership. Should Finland consider joining NATO, this would have "serious military and political consequences," a spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry said. Finland's existing neutrality is seen as an important factor in ensuring security and stability in northern Europe.

In the wake of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin had said that her country could imagine joining NATO to safeguard national security.

Maybe we should create facts on the ground with no time left for Russia to react, and sell them tactical nukes that coluld reach Murmansk, Archangelsk and the likes.

Granting NATO membership has a hook in it. The alliance must be certain that it can actually defend that new member in case of article 5 being called. Thats a question of logistics, terrain and geography, forces available. Coul NATO defend Finland? Georgia? Ukraine? It already cannot defend the Baltic states, Hungary, Slovenia, probably also not Poland.And whether Bulgaria even would want to get defended again is an issue, they are still very close with Russia.
Old 02-25-22, 12:49 PM   #1010
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Russian troops are in northern districts of the capital Kyiv, Ukraine says, and video shows armoured vehicles advancing.

The UK says the "bulk" of Russian troops advancing on the city remain more than 50km away.

Vladimir Putin tells Ukrainian troops to overthrow their own country's leadership.

Meanwhile the Ukrainian government calls on citizens to make Molotov cocktails and defend the city.

Ukraine's interior ministry also says 18,000 guns have been given to volunteers.

And Ukraine's President Zelensky releases a defiant video, saying he's not leaving.

Russian forces say they have taken control of Hostomel airfield near Kyiv.

Russia is stripped of Champions League final, kicked out of 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, and stopped from hosting F1 Grand Prix.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 02-25-22, 01:56 PM   #1011
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

AsI stated earlier, they are friends enough; Putin has enough faith in his Sino relations to have transferred needed units from the Chinese boarder to the Ukranian conflict... right out of Stalin's handbook in WWII. Arguably the strongest sanction(s) yet! China twofacedly, having stated that Ukraine boarders shouldn't be violated has offered to buy Russian wheat in violation of Western sanctions ie: money, the sinews of war, talks; and SinoBovine Scatology walks...I 'spect China will move on Taiwan shortly in an Authoritarian weighted pendulum military movement- first the russian left...then the chinese right; as the US, as in 1939, faces a two-front conflict...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-25-22, 02:01 PM   #1012
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-25-22, 02:17 PM   #1013
Skybird
Soaring

A former German general said on the status of the Bundeswehr/Heer (= army) the supply status is such that the BW can equip just one brigade, one single brigade, as combat-ready and war-ready.

1 brigade.

Even I had to gulp.

The Bavarian minister president said today that in principle the Bundeswehr has to be build new from scratch.
Old 02-25-22, 02:22 PM   #1014
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ Aye, how the once mighty have now fallen

Old 02-25-22, 02:24 PM   #1015
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Hundreds if not thousands of Ukrainian men from Denmark and Sweden have left their new country and family they are on their way to Ukraine to help in fighting the Ruskies.

Wonder how many do this from other European countries ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 02-25-22, 02:40 PM   #1016
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Russia has to be kicked out of SWIFT, i wonder what takes them so long. Let him do business with China, we will see how this fares.. Even the slow thinking Baerbock supports this now lol.
The other idea is to go after Putin's personal money being deposited abroad via middle men and Putin-loyal oligarchs. I hope Johnson understands what this means.

Putin has said the #1 goal is to kill Zelensky, publicly, before running cameras. You have to digest this. This is not rational thinking. If anyone has "brass balls" here it is Zelensky, surely not an elderly psychopath in Moscow. It will be over soon, but Putin at least seems to get a bloody nose. Not him personally, unfortunately.

edit: re Skybird, there was an interesting report this morning on the DLF (Deutschlandfunk) radio, about the state the german Bundeswehr is in. I knew it was bad, but this..
If Europe survives the next months there will have to be a bit of rethinking some positions, and 'strategy'.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 02-25-22 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-25-22, 03:00 PM   #1017
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

No mighty have fallen! It's Putin’s ass one step in NATO territory.
Old 02-25-22, 03:02 PM   #1018
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

So essentially, all that bluster from Pres. Dementia amounts to very little.

Quote:
President Biden announced the supposedly crushing sanctions that he’s been warning Putin of for months. They are tougher than any previous round of sanctions against Moscow and will exact real costs on Russia’s government, military, and state-dominated financial, energy, and tech sectors. Yet Biden made a telling concession. He said the sanctions will take time to bite and never were meant to deter Putin, despite repeated statements previously from him and his officials that that was exactly what we sought to do. Notably, we aren’t excluding Russia from the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT), the cooperative that enables international financial transactions. This would have exacted enormous, immediate economic pain on Russia, but the Europeans blanched at the idea since it would surely lead Putin to stop exporting the oil and gas they’ve made themselves so reliant on. Meanwhile, Germany’s suspension of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline is less than meets the eye, since the pipeline was not yet operative. And, bizarrely, we are not yet sanctioning Putin himself.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...utm_term=first
Old 02-25-22, 03:03 PM   #1019
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

I'm having a difficult time determining who the patriots are on this site.
Old 02-25-22, 03:19 PM   #1020
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

It seems the german authorities are all for getting Russia out of SWIFT now. They thought of it as a means of last resort, but this time has come now.
I hope it is not just words again.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Closed Thread