Old 10-22-19, 12:39 PM   #1
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
pie in the sky wishful thinking as far as I am concerned:

1. I have not seen one shred of evidence so far that this was anything other than a tragic accident, so no reason to waive "diplomatic immunity". Notice also that no one in the U.S. is asking for this which is the real litmus test;

2. Even if they do decide to charge mrs. Sacoolas and try to extradite her (assuming diplomatic immunity is waived), the British Government would have to present its evidence in a U.S. Court and convince a U.S. judge that there was enough evidence of an actual criminal act;

3. Honestly, this is actually the reason why diplomatic immunity exist. This is becoming a political footbal in the UK, where everyone just wants to punish and lock up the "Ugly American". No one in the U.S. will agree to waive diplomatic immunity, just to have mrs. Sacoolas locked up in the UK for 2-3 years while she is awaiting trial where there is no real evidence of a crime;
1. I also believe this to be a tragic accident and diplomatic immunity no longer applies because her husband has left his post.

2. How about the video footage the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) currently has?

3. This has nothing to do with punishing the "Ugly American" Don't lose sight of the fact a young man lost his life due to the alleged actions of somebody and when I wore the uniform causing death by careless or reckless driving was and still is a criminal offence here in the UK, an offence that could warrant a prison sentence of up to five years.

It is currently being stated in the press that she has asked for the interview to take place, just a pity she hadn't felt that way before she fled the UK despite assuring the Police she had no intentions of doing so.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-19, 01:03 PM   #2
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
1. I also believe this to be a tragic accident and diplomatic immunity no longer applies because her husband has left his post.
Hi, I read that also, but that argument does not make any legal sense. You cannot prosecute a diplomat when he is in the UK, but as soon as he leaves, you can extradite him/her back to the UK and then charge him?

I have been a lawyer long enough to know that no U.S. or Canadian Court would accept that argument.

Quote:
3. This has nothing to do with punishing the "Ugly American" Don't lose sight of the fact a young man lost his life due to the alleged actions of somebody and when I wore the uniform causing death by careless or reckless driving was and still is a criminal offence here in the UK, an offence that could warrant a prison sentence of up to five years.
Agreed, and in a case of a serious crime, countries will waive diplomatic immunity. If this was an intentional murder or she was drunk while driving, the UK might potentially have a case.

Criminal negligence, which is what we are talking about here, requires a reckless disregard for the consequences of your action. Just driving on the wrong side of the road, late at night, when you are tired and unfamiliar with driving on the left side of the road (which is no doubt what her lawyers will claim) does not rise to that standard.
Old 10-23-19, 04:16 AM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Matters should become clearer after she has given a statement under oath. Then it will be up to the CPS how they want to proceed.

I notice you didn't respond to point 2. There may be some incriminating evidence contained within the footage but that will only be made public if a trial is instigated.

Old 10-23-19, 08:36 AM   #4
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

I notice you didn't respond to point 2. There may be some incriminating evidence contained within the footage but that will only be made public if a trial is instigated.
well no, obviously if there is incriminating evidence in the video, that might change things.
Old 10-31-19, 06:49 AM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Police investigating the death of 19-year-old Harry Dunn have interviewed crash suspect Anne Sacoolas in the US.

Northamptonshire Police said details of the interview had been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).

Supt Sarah Johnson said: "We can confirm that we have completed an interview of the suspect in connection with the death of Harry Dunn, the details of which will be provided to the CPS for consideration alongside the rest of the evidential file already submitted."

The family has already launched legal action against the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-50249290
I should imagine this will be the beginning of a long drawn out affair.

Old 11-07-19, 07:21 AM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Harry Dunn, the teenager who died after his motorbike was in a collision with a car driven by the wife of a US diplomat, lay by the side of the road for 43 minutes before an ambulance arrived because the urgency of his case was “wrongly categorised”.

The 19-year-old died in hospital. His motorcycle had been hit on 27 August this year near RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire, in the UK, by a car being driven by Anne Sacoolas on the wrong side of the road.

The ambulance service listed his injuries as category 2 requiring an ambulance within 40 minutes. If he had been classified as category 1 the ambulance should have arrived within seven minutes.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout
It has been suggested by the ambulance service that whether it was a category 1 or category 2 wouldn’t have made a difference because the doctors were too far away.

Old 11-08-19, 09:46 PM   #7
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

So, the intent for Categories 2, 3 and 4 is to ensure that patients in these categories who require transportation receive a conveying resource in a timeframe that is appropriate to their clinical needs. Therefore, if a patient requires transportation in an emergency, the clock will only stop when the conveying resource arrives.

Id suggest that somebody screwed up the onscene assement of Harry Dunn clinical needs If an ambulance arrived sooner maybe Harry Dunn would still be alive?

sounds like a typical government run operation. If I was in Ms. Soocalas shoes I probably would fled the country too instead of getting caught up in this debacle as a scapegoat.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote