SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-21, 08:29 AM   #1
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineUboot View Post
Bought the game some time ago. There is definitely some potential, but the controls are way worse (way less comfortable) than in SHIII/SH5. However, given the amount of bugs in SH5, the game might as well become way better in 2021, since it continues to be updated by the devs unlike the SH5.
The controls are a bit quirky but over time clicking with the mouse or pressing the keyboard keys for what you need becomes second nature. Overall it is quite good IMO.
Old 04-21-21, 02:33 PM   #2
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72

Played a Few Hours, so still learning the game. Overall I like it, definitely tons of eye candy, as well as solid simulation qualities.
That said....I DO NOT like how they vocally respond when I order more or less speed! LOL Also It feels like it needs a few more people, maybe not. I would like a "Task window" that lets me know what needs to be done. For instance, pumping water, air compressors charge. Either I do it or I assign an Officer? Seems strange that monitoring bilge levels and Air capacities would be my job. I would expect an Office to "Request Permission to..." To that I would authorize or deny due to tactical reasons. Not a hard gripe just a thought. ))
Old 04-21-21, 02:44 PM   #3
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I find it kind of odd to direct officers to turn on the compressor and or bilge pump all the time. This should be something assigned once to one of the officers and never needing to worry about it again. Overall, it is a great simulation and will only get better IMO. It appears a lot is in the works. Stay tuned.
Old 04-25-21, 06:46 AM   #4
Paajtor
The Old Man

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpex77 View Post
I DO NOT like how they vocally respond when I order more or less speed!
You mean the schneller, schneller! (faster, faster!) ?
There's a mod on steam to disable that.
And you're right, it's extremely annoying.

Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 07:47 AM   #5
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paajtor View Post
You mean the schneller, schneller! (faster, faster!) ?
There's a mod on steam to disable that.
And you're right, it's extremely annoying.
Staying away from Mods for now...lol But Thanks for the info!
Might I add.."A ship at 12 oclock" WTF..This is a NAVAL unit..calling an airplane at the clock is fine, not ships..lol

I served on Subs...Submariners are Traditionally methodical, detail oriented...So me having to remember to take a sounding before diving, turning on the pump or compressors is workable but annoying, Especially if I am engrossed in a tactical situation..Now why the weapons officer/mechanic isnt asking me what torpedo i want in what tube is perplexing.

This Mission to investigate the sub not answering messages...was really spooky..lol Loved that one.
Old 02-24-22, 05:22 PM   #6
Fatrider
Nub

Downloads: 14

This game has really come along. Ive been playing the early access since about B127 and it has improved by leaps and bounds. They just announced the developement roadmap for 2022 and it looks like a major overhaul patch coming soon with one more big patch and then full release. If you havent checked this one out its worth a go.
Fatrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-22, 02:39 PM   #7
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatrider View Post
This game has really come along. Ive been playing the early access since about B127 and it has improved by leaps and bounds. They just announced the developement roadmap for 2022 and it looks like a major overhaul patch coming soon with one more big patch and then full release. If you havent checked this one out its worth a go.
I totally agree, so far for me is really really good, above expectations
Old 04-08-22, 03:47 PM   #8
TONY1958
Watch

Downloads: 147
Default UBOAT CTD

UBOAT CTD and hangs up my PC sound as well such that I have to re-boot. Anyone else have this problem? My OS is Win 7 64bit.
TONY1958 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uboat game