Closed Thread

Old 05-16-20, 04:38 PM   #9406
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Trump showed these mainstream media chowder heads a video of how often they got things wrong, and how often he got things right. All they could do is wonder if he used taxpayer money or government assets to produce the video.

Most of them edited it out of their coverage as well. The media is too self important to have their own words and deeds thrown back at them.
Old 05-16-20, 04:41 PM   #9407
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The unmasking of Joe Biden

By Jonathan Turley, opinion contributor — 05/14/20 10:00 AM EDT

The declassification of material from the Michael Flynn case has exposed more chilling details of an effort by prosecutors to come up with a crime to use against the former national security adviser. This week, however, a letter revealed another unsettling detail. Among over three dozen Obama administration officials seeking to “unmask” Flynn in the investigation was former Vice President Joe Biden. This revelation came less than a day after Biden denied any involvement in the investigation of Flynn. It also follows a disclosure that President Obama was aware of that investigation.
For three years, many in the media have expressed horror at the notion of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia to influence the 2016 election. We know there was never credible evidence of such collusion. In recently released transcripts, a long list of Obama administration officials admitted they never saw any evidence of such Russian collusion. That included the testimony of Evelyn Farkas, a former White House adviser who was widely quoted by the media with her public plea for Congress to gather all of the evidence that she learned of as part of the Obama administration.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...g-of-joe-biden
Old 05-16-20, 05:25 PM   #9408
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August
Biden denied any involvement in the investigation of Flynn
It's a farce ... I hope everyone can see through this one
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 05-16-20, 05:30 PM   #9409
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I have CNN which I don't watch all day long, those hours I do watch I have not heard anything on this Flynn-case, only Covid-19.

Markus
Old 05-17-20, 07:38 AM   #9410
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Democrats Have Abandoned Civil Liberties

The Blue Party’s Trump-era Embrace of Authoritarianism Isn’t Just Wrong, it’s a Fatal Political Mistake

Matt Taibbi May 15

.......Democrats clearly believe constituents will forgive them for abandoning constitutional principles, so long as the targets of official inquiry are figures like Flynn or Paul Manafort or Trump himself. In the process, they’ve raised a generation of followers whose contempt for civil liberties is now genuine-to-permanent. Blue-staters have gone from dismissing constitutional concerns as Trumpian ruse to sneering at them, in the manner of French aristocrats, as evidence of proletarian mental defect.
Nowhere has this been more evident than in the response to the Covid-19 crisis, where the almost mandatory take of pundits is that any protest of lockdown measures is troglodyte death wish. The aftereffects of years of Russiagate/Trump coverage are seen everywhere: press outlets reflexively associate complaints of government overreach with Trump, treason, and racism, and conversely radiate a creepily gleeful tone when describing aggressive emergency measures and the problems some “dumb” Americans have had accepting them.....
https://taibbi.substack.com/p/democr...ivil-liberties
Old 05-17-20, 08:11 AM   #9411
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have CNN which I don't watch all day long, those hours I do watch I have not heard anything on this Flynn-case, only Covid-19.

Markus
CNN gave up all its journalistic integrity a long time ago. They only cover stories that can potentially hurt Trump's re-election chances.

It used to be 24 hour coverage of the Russia-Collusion story when CNN thought it would take down Trump, but now that The Russia-Collusion story is turning around and going against the mainstream media and democrats, CNN is treating it as a "conspiracy theory" not worth reporting.
Old 05-17-20, 09:33 AM   #9412
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
CNN gave up all its journalistic integrity a long time ago. They only cover stories that can potentially hurt Trump's re-election chances.

It used to be 24 hour coverage of the Russia-Collusion story when CNN thought it would take down Trump, but now that The Russia-Collusion story is turning around and going against the mainstream media and democrats, CNN is treating it as a "conspiracy theory" not worth reporting.
If it wasn't for this 10 minute long reportage on CNN about this guy who had been fired by Trump, then I would have said I think CNN is neutral in their covering the politics from the White House.

But after seeing this reportage, I really wonder how neutral CNN really are.

A news agency or paper-shall report in a neutral way.
Ordinary people like you and me have the right to have standpoint.

Markus
Old 05-17-20, 10:11 AM   #9413
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Obama gets paid to talk trash about President Trump ... a lot of money

https://www.thoughtco.com/former-pre...g-fees-3368127

Quote:
Less than a year after leaving office, former President Barack Obama came under fire from fellow Democrats when it was revealed he was being paid $1.2 million for three separate speeches to Wall Street groups. That's $400,000 per speech
or achievement

Old 05-17-20, 10:29 AM   #9414
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Obama gets paid to talk trash about President Trump ... a lot of money

https://www.thoughtco.com/former-pre...g-fees-3368127

Martha's Vineyard mansions and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous is not cheap.
Old 05-18-20, 08:56 AM   #9415
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Can y'all help me figure out who's still getting paid during the coronavirus period of March to May?

It's almost over now maybe a couple of more weeks till the returning workers get their first pay checks and of course nothing is going to be the same, but who got paid during the shut down.

Whoever they are they aren't hurting like the rest of us

Essential workers, grocery stockers, clerks, cashiers, food delivery, take out food windows, food workers, UPS, Fedex, USPS, nurses, doctors except for dentist and such, military our sailors, army and air force and coast guard, border patrol, health department, FBI, DEA, CIA, NSA, HLS, press corps, news media, US Senate, US Congress, State and local politicians, officials and workers, jail county, state and feds ...

Leaves a whole lot of people out of work ...

What a time our country and yours has been going through and it's still not over ... like a ship that heals over from a big wave and struggles to straighten itself so will our country and it's citizen's be.
or achievement

Old 05-18-20, 10:57 AM   #9416
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

First of all a correction

There ain't a newspaper or agency who are fully neutral in covering their politicians in a country-Therefore CNN is not neutral as i wrote in my last statement-Sorry.

Some of you wrote

Give me Freedom or Give me Death.

In this Corona crisis I guess it should be changed to

Give me Freedom and your Death
(I don't care, I want my freedom even if it may cost your life)

Markus
Old 05-18-20, 12:40 PM   #9417
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
First of all a correction

There ain't a newspaper or agency who are fully neutral in covering their politicians in a country-Therefore CNN is not neutral as i wrote in my last statement-Sorry.

Some of you wrote

Give me Freedom or Give me Death.

In this Corona crisis I guess it should be changed to

Give me Freedom and your Death
(I don't care, I want my freedom even if it may cost your life)

Markus
LOL... Depends on which side of the equation you're on doesn't it?

Kind of like the adage of.... one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Old 05-18-20, 01:27 PM   #9418
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
LOL... Depends on which side of the equation you're on doesn't it?

Kind of like the adage of.... one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
It's absolutely nothing wrong with demanding Freedom.

But with freedom follows responsibility

The bar(pub) I mentioned in another comment was in Wisconsin.

I remember I was thinking, when I saw some of the people sitting in that bar.

What if some of them are infected and are now contagious and now they sit there and infect others.

This is not showing responsibility. Very far from it.
Ok it's my opinion-which isn't worth much

Markus
Old 05-18-20, 06:47 PM   #9419
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Instead of not charging anyone, everyone involved in Obamagate should be immediately charged. Right away President Trump should immediately pardon them all(for the good of the country). Give Richard Nixon some company on the forever tainted list without spending a dime. Ruin what they call a legacy for all time. Win, win, win! So much winning! Liberal Judges and courts need not participate!

Last edited by em2nought; 05-18-20 at 06:49 PM. Reason: for the good of the country hehe
Old 05-18-20, 09:02 PM   #9420
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
I remember I was thinking, when I saw some of the people sitting in that bar.

What if some of them are infected and are now contagious and now they sit there and infect others.

This is not showing responsibility. Very far from it.
Ok it's my opinion-which isn't worth much
I'm not sure how to respond without sounding flippant. If the people in the bar knew they had covid-19 and went to the bar anyway, that would be one thing, however forcing them to stay at home on the chance they might have or get covid-19 is another thing and and as Oregon just found out unconstitutional. (although the Governor is appealing that ruling. go figure, once they get power politicians are loath to give it up.)
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter