Uploads: 0

Is this republican logic? They all believe:
The virus is a hoax. No
The virus is like the flu, or is the flu. Yes it is similar
The virus does not exist. No
The virus has been created by the democrats.No
The virus has been created by the democrats intentionally. No
The virus has been created by ChinaNo, It occurs in nature
The virus has been created by China (intentionally no, however they were manipulating it inside a lab, and the little bastard escaped.
/ version2: created by democrats in China. A Chinese Democrat is an oxymoron.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 09:04 AM   #7742
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I am, and that although last week on the day after the second jab I was flat, completely discharged, batteries empty, I stayed in bed, had not enough strength to even hold a cup of drink. In the first 12-18 hours after the jab I felt nothing. That ill state lasted 18 hours, and then was blown away and I was freshly reborn.

Why I am convinced? Statistics. Breakthrough vaccinations in Germany and the US are rated with values being fractions of a single promille. Practically all, almost all people needing to go to hospital, are unvaccinated. The jabs reduce your probability to catch a serious going of the desease that needs you to see the ICU from the inside by around 95%.

This has been said so many times now. What is not difficult to understand there? I dont get it, its a no-brainer.

Maybe such probabilities tuned in your favour are not up to your super high standards of perfection and 100% protection (that practically no vaccine for any desease does offer, btw, not even that for pox), but it is good enough for me. Risk reduction by 10, 15, 20 factors? Where do I sign? Its a no-brainer.

I add to that my other measures like behaviour, masks, and certain supplements that modulate the immune system. I have lost weight. I started jogging again, after over ten years, I run 5km every two days, and 10km once every 8-10 days. I eat healthier, and less. I reduced dramatically carbohydrates, and let go my daily glass of red wine (had lost the taste for it anyway, so that is no loss, the atste simply does not attract me anymore, already since before). No snacks anymore. Never smoked.

All that, each topic on that list, tunes probabilities in my favour. And won me some life quality again, btw. At the end of this chapter I will see whether it was sufficient, or not. But its like throwing the dice in a cosim: before you do to get your result for the battle in the batte result table, you try to collect as many positive modifiers altering your dice throw as you can get. Except maybe players like you, they do the pure spoirit thing and onyl throw the dice, without wanting any modifiers. Okay. Live with it, alone. Dont expect us others to live with it.

Its in the rule book. Thats how games like this get played. Ignoring the rule book looses you the game sooner or later. You read the rules, and you understand them, and you use them to your best advantage. And when you play, ideally you want so heavy modifiers that even the lowest dice throw wins you the battle decisively.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-04-21 at 09:12 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 09:14 AM   #7743
Skybird
Soaring

One thing certain people should consider. Most of us live in social contexts. Many of us have wives or girlfriends. Kids. Families, that is. Sisters and brothers, older parents. All of these are emotionally effected when you die. Or suffer. Or cripple yourself. Many of them will be socially and financially effected for life when you die or cannot work anymore, become a case for social wellfare.

Bite your lips. Swallow your foolish "pride", or what you take for it. Get those damn jabs. Stop debating, and just do it.

Not for yourself, stupid.

FOR THEM.

Who said it is you who counts in all this, eh? When you leave planet Earth, you go free of problems. You are over all of it, you do not care, you are no more.

Its the others surviving you that need to clean the mess you left behind.
Old 08-04-21, 09:16 AM   #7744
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

@Skybird

3 people I know personally had COVID. Their ages ranked from 64, 57 and 19. They are all family(mom, dad and daughter). None went to the hospital. No lasting effects.
Old 08-04-21, 09:24 AM   #7745
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
@Skybird

3 people I know personally had COVID. Their ages ranked from 64, 57 and 19. They are all family(mom, dad and daughter). None went to the hospital. No lasting effects.
Had anyone of these 3 person an underlying disease of some kind ?

It's not that it is certain that you will end in a respirator if you caught this nasty bugger and at same time has some underlying sickness.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 09:26 AM   #7746
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
One thing certain püeople shoudl cinsider.Most of us live in social contexts. Many of us have wives or girlfriends. Kids. Sisters and brothers, parents. All of these are emotionally effected when you die., Many of them will be socially and fincially effewcted for life when you die.

Bite your lips. Swallow your foolish "pride", or what you take for it. Get those damn jabs. Stop debating, and just do it.

Not for yourself, stupid.

FOR THEM.
You mean the "jab" that apparently is not working out so well or perhaps as claimed? That is another thing, it is called a vaccine administered via a syringe. Calling the shot a "jab" to me lessens the concern/urgency of getting vaccinated. I will never understand why it is called "the jab".
Old 08-04-21, 09:28 AM   #7747
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Had anyone of these 3 person an underlying disease of some kind ?

It's not that it is certain that you will end in a respirator if you caught this nasty bugger and at same time has some underlying sickness.

Markus
Yes, the 20 year old has asthma since she was 10. The 64 year old has high blood pressure and diabetes. The 57 year old contracted lime just after recovering from COVID. No ill effects for the 57 year old.
Old 08-04-21, 09:32 AM   #7748
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Don't like the thought I got...
Is our authorities "inventing" more deadly Corona viruses to get people scared so they take the jab despite their resistance ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 10:00 AM   #7749
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Don't like the thought I got...
Is our authorities "inventing" more deadly Corona viruses to get people scared so they take the jab despite their resistance ?

Markus
No, I don't believe so. If one thinks about it, it would be quite an undertaking to have each and every state to be in on the collusion to get people vaccinated. Do I believe the virus is changing. Yes. The reason it is spreading is because of the unvaccinated? No I do not buy that notion being that those vaccinated have been infected with the virus. Some exhibit the illness. Others do not but carry it. But like everything else....a scape goat is needed.
Old 08-04-21, 11:25 AM   #7750
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 11:33 AM   #7751
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

All healthy 16 and 17-year-olds in the UK are to be offered a Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine.

JCVI chair Prof Wei Shen Lim says they should be offered a first dose within weeks - advice on second jabs will come later.

Professor Van-Tam, deputy chief medical officer for England, says there is no problem with supply.

Two of his children are not yet 16, but he said he would be confident to jab them if they were.

Dr June Raine, the UK's top medical regulator, says trials on teenagers have showed the vaccine to be as safe as it is for adults.

The advice for 12 to 15-year-olds remains unchanged.

Coronavirus cases are going in the right direction during the school summer holidays, says virus expert Prof Paul Elliot.

But he says the big issue is what’s going to happen in the autumn when schools restart.

Indonesia's death toll passes 100,000, with case numbers now the highest in the region.

China reports its highest number of locally transmitted Covid cases since January.

Old 08-04-21, 11:35 AM   #7752
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-04-21, 11:40 AM   #7753
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
@Skybird

I know of two cases in the social vicinity of my parents, they survived. I also knew three men since 15, 17 and 20 years via internet, with whom I debated and played email chess these years, who are dead. A Spaniard living in Tuscany. A Southern Korean. A Canadian who got the mess served with the extra large shovel near New York where he worked as doctor "in the trenches".

Now what, AVGWarhawk?

Maybe I am well-advised to stick with not individual case references, but statistics describing trends and data for whole populations?

And sticking to a memory of the early horrifying events we saw in Northern Italy and New York and elsewhere? What happened there back then, is happening right now that we type in many places in the aunvaccinated thrid world.

Stop having silly arguments with me. Stop trying to help carelessly spreading the desease. Get your back up and get your damn jabs.

Its not nice to get Covid and suffer through it, even if you survive. Its not ncie to havelogn covid at home, and its not nice surviving in ICU with the machine breathing for you, and later you must learn over weeks to breath yourself again. And you can keep damage for the rest of your life. The risks involved with this vaccination, like with any vaccination, pale compared to that. It just does not compare. Not even a bit. Not at all.

Your hospitals where on breaking point. The ICUs in many other countries sent SOS last year. They got overwhelemed with peope who could not stay at home ill, becaswue they had it too badly. And that was the Alpha variant that had 1200 times less virus load.
Old 08-04-21, 11:48 AM   #7754
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:

Now what, AVGWarhawk?

Stop having silly arguments with me. Stop trying to help carelessly spreading the desease. Get your back up and get your damn jabs.

There is no argument here. You do what you believe you need to do. As far as carelessly spreading the virus you must have missed the portion of my post that states those vaccinated are still getting infected. Some get ill as a result. Others simply carry the virus in the nasal passages becoming a spreader. This indicates the vaccinated and unvaccinated are both carelessly spreading. The CDC recommends the vaccinated wear a mask. Probably more so the vaccinated as their guard is down and have relaxed the need to distance/wash hands. The current vaccine appears to be outdated already.
Old 08-04-21, 11:58 AM   #7755
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Its not nice to get Covid and suffer through it, even if you survive.
It's not nice to get the Flu and suffer through it, even if you survive, like 99% do that get it or Covid. Why don't you stop giving medical orders to people? You are not a doctor and you have no absolutely business telling anyone to get a covid shot.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan