Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-19, 05:11 PM   #7486
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

In the primetime news I heard our journalist in USA saying:

The Dem shall be careful, the voters could become sick and tired, in this ongoing effort to impeach Trump instead of beating him on the political scene
(as good as I could remember it)

Markus
Old 09-25-19, 05:31 PM   #7487
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Which has been bubblingly on the back burner ever since Trump took office ...

The democrats were just waiting for substance to push it in front of the American people that they represent knowing full well that they can't win a general election unless they can get rid of Trump first.

This will backfire and I predict that Obama/Biden did something together so shady that it will come out right before the election sinking Joe Biden to become the POTUS.
True, the Dems are so dysfunctional I doubt they can beat Trump in 2020, when they insist on repeating all the mistakes they made in 2016.
He'll shred their open borders / tax the rich / white people are yucky platform.
But If he is removed I reckon Warren or Biden could knock out Pence as he has all the Charisma of a farting wax work accountant.

Biggest threat to Reps = successful Trump impeachment or sudden economic downturn.
Biggest thread to Dems = mostly themselves.

Last edited by JU_88; 09-25-19 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-25-19, 05:58 PM   #7488
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Say what you want about Trump but facts are facts.

Quote:
Peter Schweizer: Biden Ukraine dealings – 7 essential facts

1. Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, joined the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma in April 2014, according to RSB bank records. Hunter Biden had little background in energy. Over a 16-month period, Burisma paid $3.1 million to a bank account associated with Hunter’s business.
2. Joe Biden led the Obama administration’s policy toward Ukraine when he served as vice president. Biden helped shape Ukraine’s energy and anti-corruption policies, issues that directly impact Burisma.
3. Burisma sought to capitalize Hunter Biden’s name and relationships. According to The New York Times, Hunter Biden helped assemble the company’s legal team, which consisted of American attorneys and consulting firms, including a former Obama Justice Department official.
4. Burisma is led by an oligarch named Mykola Zlochevsky. Zlochevsky served as ecology minister under pro-Russia former Ukrainian leader Viktor Yanukovich, leading to allegations that he used his office to benefit Burisma.
5. Burisma was under legal scrutiny. Shortly before Hunter Biden was appointed to Burisma’s board, British authorities froze $23 million of Zlochevsky’s assets as part of a corruption investigation. Ukraine opened its own probe later that year.
6. Financial records from Morgan Stanley show numerous lines of money going into the account of “Robert H. Biden.” The funds originated from oligarchs and anonymous LLCs in Ukraine, China, Kazakhstan and elsewhere.
7. In 2013, then-Vice President Biden and his son Hunter flew aboard Air Force Two to China. Ten days later, Hunter Biden’s firm scored a $1.5 billion deal with a subsidiary of the Chinese government’s Bank of China.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/peter-schweizer-biden-familys-foreign-dealings-7-essential-facts

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 09-25-19, 11:16 PM   #7489
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Oh oh oh, let me let me!

Fact: The Obama administration, like many other nations, sought to get rid of Shokin (the Ukrainian prosecutor) because he was too soft on corruption.

Fact: Ukrainians themselves consider this case investigated.

Fact: Trump asked a foreign government to investigate one of his prime rival's son, which would be extremely useful in the coming presidential election against said rival. Basically, it's 'Russia, if you're listening...' all over again.
Old 09-26-19, 05:04 AM   #7490
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

This whole story amuses me, I was told a while ago by a knowledgeable person to expect the Ukrainian interference with 2016 elections to pop up this season.
Old 09-26-19, 05:04 AM   #7491
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/26/p...ats/index.html

"Speaking in a code?" I think he spoke pretty straight and presented his demand quite obviously.

But in hierarchies like these, of course every superior knows how to encode his wishes and demands in a way that the subordinates know what is expected of them without the superior needing to explicitly saying it in literal words. Where there are hierarchies, there is this form of communication. It aims at pushing forward with things that to explicitly demand would be considered illegal or inappropriate or otherwise negatively. It also aims at leaving open the escape way: "see, this I have not said, show me where I have said it in words!"

One can say somethign asd clearly without excplcitly explaining it in words.

Anyhow. The Dems need 67 senators in senate, but the Reps have the majority. Question is how many Reps still are willing to stick their heads into the sand for opportunistic party loyalty and craving for staying in power. So far it looks as if the Democrat's "offensive" is set to stall in the senate at the latest.
Old 09-26-19, 05:19 AM   #7492
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Oh oh oh, let me let me!

Fact: The Obama administration, like many other nations, sought to get rid of Shokin (the Ukrainian prosecutor) because he was too soft on corruption.

Fact: Ukrainians themselves consider this case investigated.

Fact: Trump asked a foreign government to investigate one of his prime rival's son, which would be extremely useful in the coming presidential election against said rival. Basically, it's 'Russia, if you're listening...' all over again.
I won't dispute any of that, but August is right, the corruption with the Bidens is blatant, so let's add that to the tally. I don't mind if you blast Trump, but just cover the Obama/Biden issue equally.

Pence in 2020!
Old 09-26-19, 06:32 AM   #7493
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I won't dispute any of that, but August is right, the corruption with the Bidens is blatant, so let's add that to the tally. I don't mind if you blast Trump, but just cover the Obama/Biden issue equally.
If Biden is corrupt, then investigate him. I, however, must note as I've done before that if there are so many wrongdoers on the left, why hasn't the GOP investigated them? They've had the time to do so.

And this recent issue is about Joe Biden's son, not him. It is also about the fact that we now have the President of the United States asking for potential dirt on his rival from the head of a foreign government. That to me doesn't sound OK.

Also, I remind that this call is 1 out of 8 (IIRC).
Old 09-26-19, 10:11 AM   #7494
Skybird
Soaring

Report on the whistleblower is out. Reads not good for Trump, and obviously they tried to prevent the publishing. As I see it, here is a president who asked another foreign nation to ac tively interfere with the general elections of the US.

We can talk about Biden and Biden's son back and forth, but we do it later. This issue here is what is the atual and fa rmore deciociove one. It reminds of the deal between Reagan's Republicans and their deal with Iran to delay the freeing of the hostages until Carter was beaten. For such acts I use this old-fashioned word, "High Treason". And if what I quickly read form that report in first media comments turns out to be true, what Trump did also is High Treason and an assault on the constitutional order and the vital interest of the United States.

Is there a window of opportunity opening? Time will tell. The Democracts still are weak by themselves, still have unacceptable perosnnel in the first line, even if they might have found a big hammer here. No use in a heavy tool if you lack the muscles to swing it.
Old 09-26-19, 11:41 AM   #7495
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Isn't it a job for the FBI or some other authorities if a politicians or their relatives commit federal crime in another country ?

Does the federal law in USA permit a President having a second job e.g private detective ?

Markus
Old 09-26-19, 11:52 AM   #7496
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Just the democrats controlling the House of Representatives is not enough to impeach the POTUS ... Big stink till sometime next year when they lose in the Senate.

Am I wrong?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 09-26-19, 12:03 PM   #7497
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I know the Rep are in majority in the Senate and what I understand is Senate have to give the go-ahead if the President shall be impeached

A thought

From reading some of your post, specially Skybirds and seeing the news

I wonder how much his party(the Rep) will support him, if it's true all this.

Markus
Old 09-26-19, 12:04 PM   #7498
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Isn't it a job for the FBI or some other authorities if a politicians or their relatives commit federal crime in another country ?

Does the federal law in USA permit a President having a second job e.g private detective ?

Markus
The FBI is regulated by the Executive branch of the US government. The President is the head of the Executive branch.

Trump is the constitutional master of the prosecutorial function within the executive branch, and he is well within his authority to insist upon an investigation, even if it involves a political opponent.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-26-19, 05:38 PM   #7499
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The question also is whether the protocol is complete.
Its now known that it was not.

Bad. Worse. More worse. I do not kn ow wiocxh situation currently is more embarassing for the hosting nation: the circus in the UK where they try to weasel away fromBrexit, or the circus in the US where they try to make it look as if Trump is fine.

Two great shows, but it starts to get boring after all this time. Lets have a successful Brexit AND a successful impeachment. The audience deserves it after it was abused this long.
Old 09-26-19, 05:46 PM   #7500
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

A successful impeachment would lead to an even worse case scenario ...
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter