Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-24-19, 07:09 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default What a blacked-out world means

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...yptic-blackout

I think the risk is real, and grows from year to year. In Europe last but not least due to Germany's enomous ambitions to destroy conventional power plants and go all renewable. The instability in the grid that this creates, sends shockwaves across the whole continent. Major stress situations have become the norm, no week withut them. And stress means not just a normal fluctuation in supply and demand and feeding in power from other nations into the German area of the contiental powergrid (which poses its own tecncial risks and problems), but stress in thsi context means: close and imminent to blackout point.

The risks are real, they are already serious, and they grow and grow. Its the primary reaosn why I prepped up my reserves significantly. (Cyber attacks being the other mayor reason). I can only recommend everybody of you: do the same. Brace yourself. I mean how much iey do you spend on your car? Pets? Household? Hobby? Sparetime activity? Insurrances that likely you will not need ever, but get no payment back from them? An then you wnat to argue maybe that yiu can invest a couple fo hundreds Euros or dollars not to raise the supply safety level of your family little bit so that you can sit out any crisis for 2 or 3 weeks without putting all your oives at risk...? You are kidding yourself. And at leats her ein Europe, keeping storage reserves inf ood and supplies is someething that was common still for the generations of our grand parents.

Understand that it is not just about food and water, but also: hygiene. Batteries. Fuel. Light, warmth. Medical supply. And your ablity to defend yourself from scavengers (weapons).