Old 10-20-19, 11:31 AM   #11446
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
SPOT ON...

It is going to take years to get through the hard stuff but on this side of the fence (LEAVE) there are some folk who not understand. They believe on OCT 31st we are leaving and will have nothing more to do with the EU, sorry folks that is not the real world.

On the remain side of the fence....PANIC WE'RE ALL DOOMED CRASH AND BURN!

Well the IMF was upbeat and so is the Bank of England about Boris's deal.

If Parliament chooses some how to stop Boris and Brexit come the general election which they can not stop they will be punished. Will they learn from it...Very short term yes but long term no.
Very short term NO and long term DEFINITELY NOT.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-20-19, 11:31 AM   #11447
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

There is so much vitriol and cynism in this thread now, I feel the urgent need to clean it out so that we can fill in new acid, so here we have a temporary switch to something completely different. At least, its London.

I recall how surprised I was back then when learning that this little thing actually indeed could sing - and very well so.

And now back to the main program.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-20-19 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-20-19, 11:33 AM   #11448
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
He better of or you will have mud all over your face.

You what!
NO CHANCE, not in a million years, try thinking outside of the box.

Here's a clue: Terrorism connections.

Have another: “It’s about time we started honouring those people involved in the armed struggle. It was the bombs and bullets and sacrifice made by the likes of Bobby Sands that brought Britain to the negotiating table. The peace we have now is due to the action of the IRA.”

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-20-19, 11:35 AM   #11449
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
There is so much vitriol and cynism in this thread now, I feel the urgent need to clean it out so that we can fill in new acid, so here we have a temporary switch to something completely different. At least, its London.

I recall how surprised I was back then when learning that this little thing actually indeed could sing - and very well so.

And now back to the main program.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-20-19, 11:40 AM   #11450
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Some journalist said on Danish or was it Swedish TV, a while back

This charade and all those problems surrounding UK leaving EU have scared other politicians in rest of the EU.

First I was sad. I'm one of those who gladly had voted leave.

Then I understood it.

UK is not ONE country but consist of Great Britain, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland together they form the UK.

And the problem is around Irland and Northern Ireland.

So countries like Denmark, Sweden, Germany a.s.o would not have the same issue if they, through a referendum, decide to leave.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 10-20-19 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Forgot Great before Britain
mapuc is online  
Old 10-20-19, 11:42 AM   #11451
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ That is why this country is called Great Britain

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-20-19, 03:39 PM   #11452
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I wonder how the historians will look at this in 20-25 years from now ?

With critical eyes or with understandable eyes ?

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-20-19, 04:08 PM   #11453
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Lord let some brain fall from heaven.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 10-20-19, 04:28 PM   #11454
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I wonder how the historians will look at this in 20-25 years from now ?

With critical eyes or with understandable eyes ?

Markus
When the Euro enters the final stage of explosion, it will pull the EU economy down with it. Then you want to be as far away from the EU as you can.

If the Eurozone were the Chernobyl reactor, we are in the phase now where the reactor core is already oversaturated with Xenon (debts, bonds) and no active cooling gets done and the power output level (inflation) is very low. The ECB currently tries desperately to drive up the power output again so that the Xenon gets burnt again and so decontaminates the core again. Just any moment now we will see how the power output skyrockets upwards in no time and then somebody will push the emergency shutdown button. Then the control rods drive back into the reactor, and the moment their tips touch the inside, the whole thing blew up in Chernobyl, and the fiscal equivalent will happen in the Eurozone.

The good thing is for the next hundred years or longer nobody will dare to ever try predatory FIAT paper money systems or European currency unions again. However, when the last living time witness of the evnt has died - mankind's memory is very shortlived, it seems.
Old 10-20-19, 05:45 PM   #11455
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I don't think you have to be an expert on economy to understand, what's happening today will sooner or later backfire.

Negative interest and all other those things in our economy.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 10-21-19, 04:54 AM   #11456
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
When the Euro enters the final stage of explosion, it will pull the EU economy down with it. Then you want to be as far away from the EU as you can.

If the Eurozone were the Chernobyl reactor, we are in the phase now where the reactor core is already oversaturated with Xenon (debts, bonds) and no active cooling gets done and the power output level (inflation) is very low. The ECB currently tries desperately to drive up the power output again so that the Xenon gets burnt again and so decontaminates the core again. Just any moment now we will see how the power output skyrockets upwards in no time and then somebody will push the emergency shutdown button. Then the control rods drive back into the reactor, and the moment their tips touch the inside, the whole thing blew up in Chernobyl, and the fiscal equivalent will happen in the Eurozone.

The good thing is for the next hundred years or longer nobody will dare to ever try predatory FIAT paper money systems or European currency unions again. However, when the last living time witness of the evnt has died - mankind's memory is very shortlived, it seems.
Have you considered writing a novel?

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-21-19, 05:11 AM   #11457
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Speaker may block PM's push for Commons vote on his Brexit deal.

It is possible that Mr Bercow could block the government's move, and rule that the vote cannot be repeated so soon because it effectively happened on Saturday.

A government source told the PA news agency: "Parliament needs a straight up-and-down vote on the deal… or do they want to frustrate and cancel Brexit altogether? https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...id=mailsignout
Hard to believe Bercow is a Tory MP but thank God he's retiring at the end of the month.

Quote:
Labour seeks new alliance to kill off Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal.

Boris Johnson’s hopes of winning a clear majority for his Brexit plan faced a new threat on Sunday night as Labour declared that it would seek the backing of rebel Tories and the DUP for amendments that would force him to drop the deal – or accept a softer Brexit.

As both sides sought to gather parliamentary support after Saturday’s vote to force Johnson to seek a new delay to the UK’s departure from the European Union, Sir Keir Starmer, the shadow Brexit secretary, said Labour was prepared to talk to the prime minister’s former allies in the Democratic Unionist party (DUP) about forging a better deal.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...id=mailsignout
Steptoe must be spitting feathers, he's been anti EU all his political career and rules over all the party with an iron fist aided by Labours equivalent of the brown shirts (Momentum) yet he has allowed himself to be shunted into a corner by elements that are fast making the party a remain party.

Could well be two days of light entertainment ahead.

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-21-19, 05:43 AM   #11458
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
the vote cannot be repeated so soon because it effectively happened on Saturday.

Did i get somethign wrong on Saturday? It was reprted that the vote planned for Saturday was not held at all? It was pulled back before it was held, at least this is what the newspaper in Germany said....?!
Old 10-21-19, 05:51 AM   #11459
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Government dropped the 'meaningful vote' because the Letwin amendment was carried prior so in effect became an alternative 'meaningful vote'

Jimbuna is online  
Old 10-21-19, 06:03 AM   #11460
Skybird
Soaring

The vote on the deal was dropped. Period.The Letvin amendement did not vote on the deal either. It plans to do so, like Johnson planned to have a vote over his. Both have not taken place yet.

There was no vote on the deal on saturday, Letvin does not change that. The argument that the Letvin amendement is to be counted as a vote on the dela, is comparing apples with oranges.

Tags
british, politics