SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-10, 09:21 AM   #3766
wittmann
Swabbie

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
I can guarantee that the RAOBF will calculate the correct range. The problem for you is either:
- not using the correct add-on mod for RAOBF to account for different scope powers
- using a scope mod that doesn't have a RAOBF graticule calibrated for it yet
- not using the correct numbers off of the RAOBF graticule based on zoom level

Are you using a scope mod? What are the mag powers of the scopes?
I tried 1,5x and 6x zoom level.( 1,5x zoom right,bottom nomination.6x zoom top,middle nomination)
I do not use other scope mod.
May be that other mod contain some scripts for scopes?Historical specifications,etc?
I Inactivated all other mod,and try again!
wittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 11:24 AM   #3767
SeaTurtle
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
if you enable manual TDC mode and edit the map features (via the new button on the TAI/nav map) you can do what you are asking.
Hello TheDarkWraith,

Back from hollidays... Tested your solution but it doenst seems to work.

I would like to launch torpedoes in "arcade mode" like the old SH3 just to have fun.

In the old SH3 you just lock and aim the ship with the periscope, wait for a good angle, set the depth of the torpedoe just under the keel, set speed and magnetic and then fire. It was a precise aiming with the scope (front or back of the ship).

But now this is impossible. If I use auto-TDC and aim the ship, it will just shoot straight ahead or miss the boat each time.

If I use the icon for the recognition/solution/fire it will miss, the torpedoes is not precise... Even in manual tdc.

Maybe im not understanding something... But is it possible to aim&shoot like SH3 without the bubbles or the manual TDC ?

Of course I can learn manual TDC, but im just playing for fun, and the ambiant of the SH.

Thanks,
SeaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 11:40 AM   #3768
Tectronus
Watch

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Automation works This is going to open up a whole slew of possibilities.....I've made it so that you can define multiple scripts. All these scripts reside in a single file and are read in at game start. You will be able to select the script you want to use during the game. You'll have options to start, stop, and pause the script. You can even change scripts on the fly (say you have one running and you want to start another one now - done!).
I see the following possibilities for this:
- custom evasive maneuver scripts
- custom navigation scripts
- scripts to automate 'daily' tasks during long distance travels (run on surface 1 hr, dive, all stop, listen for sound contacts, ahead standard, surface, repeat)

There's really endless possibilities for this

I'm going to add the teleport commands as commands available to the scripts. This will allow you to dive when surfaced (teleport to radio or hydrophone).

The script currently running is stopped when you press any key. Once a script is stopped and you want to start it again it will start from the beginning. Pause can be used to stop a script midstream and then restart where it was.

This is awesome
This is beond awesome TDW.... Good news.. Great work!
Tectronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 11:50 AM   #3769
Tectronus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Hello TheDarkWraith,

I would like to launch torpedoes in "arcade mode" like the old SH3 just to have fun.

In the old SH3 you just lock and aim the ship with the periscope, wait for a good angle, set the depth of the torpedoe just under the keel, set speed and magnetic and then fire. It was a precise aiming with the scope (front or back of the ship).

But now this is impossible. If I use auto-TDC and aim the ship, it will just shoot straight ahead or miss the boat each time.

If I use the icon for the recognition/solution/fire it will miss, the torpedoes is not precise... Even in manual tdc.

Maybe im not understanding something... But is it possible to aim&shoot like SH3 without the bubbles or the manual TDC ?

Of course I can learn manual TDC, but im just playing for fun, and the ambiant of the SH.

Thanks,

I got this working the way you want it the other day by accident.. You have to change a opt in the thedarkwraith.py script.. Let me go look.
Old 08-05-10, 11:56 AM   #3770
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectronus View Post
This is beond awesome TDW.... Good news.. Great work!
Automation just made a turn to being even more powerful. Anything you can do in a script, and I mean anything, you can do in a custom command. You define a custom command like so:

# a TC command
class AutomationTCCommand( TDWAutomation.AutomationScriptInFile.BaseAutomatio nCommandUndefined ):
def Initialize( self ):
self.complete = True
def Execute( self ):
Menu.TimeCompression = self.param1
return self.complete

then your custom command has to be added to the undefined commands so Automation will recognize it:

# these are commands either made by user or not defined in commands.cfg
# these commands will use the BaseAutomationCommandUndefined class
#
undefinedcommands = [
[ "Set_Time_Compression", AutomationTCCommand ]
#,[ "Loop", AutomationLoopCommand ]
]

Once defined and 'registered' with undefinedcommands you are free to use those commands in your automation script!

Now those that are unfamiliar with programming and classes will not see the great power I have given here. What I've done is allowed you all to extend the commands Automation 'knows' and the commands in the game by defining custom commands. These custom commands can only be used currently in Automation but there's no reason they couldn't be used outside of it also (with some supporting code).

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 08-05-10 at 12:18 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 01:37 PM   #3771
Tectronus
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTurtle View Post
Hello TheDarkWraith,

Thanks,
Quote:
I got this working the way you want it the other day by accident.. You have to change a opt in the thedarkwraith.py script.. Let me go look.

Never mind. You don't have to change any opt in the script. I was thinking of something else. This works right now with his ui out of the box. I never notice because i don't use auto.

The TDC has to be off and you can't lock the target with space. You can use x key to keep the target locked with the scope. Aob and speed and range are calculated auto just like sh3. Just have the periscope over any portion of the target and fire.

To check if the gyro angle is good your going to have to watch it your self. Turn minimal or all dial on.. you will see the gyro angle. + or - 10 deg is good angle.
Old 08-05-10, 03:20 PM   #3772
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Have to write a few more custom commands and make an interface for automation and then v4.0.0 will be ready for release Looping works
Old 08-05-10, 04:05 PM   #3773
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Any chance to integrate Reaper7`s HiDef TDC & HiDef Alt 3D Periscope`s into your UI, its looking so fantastic... i mean it would give a real blast for the game if you guys could work together for it

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 08:24 PM   #3774
SeaTurtle
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Never mind. You don't have to change any opt in the script. I was thinking of something else. This works right now with his ui out of the box. I never notice because i don't use auto.

The TDC has to be off and you can't lock the target with space. You can use x key to keep the target locked with the scope. Aob and speed and range are calculated auto just like sh3. Just have the periscope over any portion of the target and fire.

To check if the gyro angle is good your going to have to watch it your self. Turn minimal or all dial on.. you will see the gyro angle. + or - 10 deg is good angle.
Thank you Tectronus.

I see when you lock with X then ask for solution it will be correct.

Do you know why the lock with taskbar (green arrow) doesnt make a good solution ? I can now see the difference. Speed stay at 0 with taskbar + solution, where it will be correct with X key + solution...
SeaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 09:29 PM   #3775
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86

TDW, I was tracking down a merchant and decided to try the "Determine target speed" option, so I locked on to the target with the "Follow selected target" and then clicked the "Determine target speed". I run the stopwatch for 3 minutes and clicked the "Determine target speed" again. The message window said "Navigator: Calculating target's speed and avg speed... then it says Navigator: Target speed is 0Kts, avg speed 0Kts. He's certainly moving and after timing him another 3 minutes use the trusty pencil and compass it appears that he's traveling somewhere around 12Kts. Did I miss a step as to setting up the Determine target speed? Thanks.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 09:32 PM   #3776
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
TDW, I was tracking down a merchant and decided to try the "Determine target speed" option, so I locked on to the target with the "Follow selected target" and then clicked the "Determine target speed". I run the stopwatch for 3 minutes and clicked the "Determine target speed" again. The message window said "Navigator: Calculating target's speed and avg speed... then it says Navigator: Target speed is 0Kts, avg speed 0Kts. He's certainly moving and after timing him another 3 minutes use the trusty pencil and compass it appears that he's traveling somewhere around 12Kts. Did I miss a step as to setting up the Determine target speed? Thanks.
it relies on the initial range to target and initial AOB. Did you have those setup before enabling the determine target speed?
Old 08-05-10, 09:39 PM   #3777
Sudo
Helmsman

Downloads: 86

Quote:
it relies on the initial range to target and initial AOB. Did you have those setup before enabling the determine target speed?
Nope, I didn't! But I will the next time. Thanks.
Sudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 04:45 AM   #3778
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Default Rare Appearance

Sorry for being so hard to find lately TheDarkWraith.

My work has updated their firewall and now it's blocking the Ubisoft server.

So... I don't even get to play the game anymore.

Before my wife moved from Michigan to join me here in Arizona.. at least I could play from home.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 09:35 AM   #3779
wittmann
Swabbie

Downloads: 246

Hi!

I inactivated all mods.Only Multiple UI 3.9.3,and RAOBF patch active.
I do not understand....

wittmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-10, 09:44 AM   #3780
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmann View Post
Hi!

I inactivated all mods.Only Multiple UI 3.9.3,and RAOBF patch active.
I do not understand....
see here to see if you are using it correctly: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=3440

zoom level has to be taken into account.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui