SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-05-10, 06:30 AM   #271
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Some screenshots of the CWSS menu artwork:

Last edited by jhapprich; 11-05-10 at 07:07 AM.
Old 11-05-10, 06:40 AM   #272
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

next the campaign ???

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-10, 07:10 AM   #273
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yap
Old 11-05-10, 09:24 AM   #274
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
you mean the Oscar? well, i can make a download available within the next days, but that`l be a german campaign standalone.

That would be great!!! Thanks alot
Old 11-05-10, 07:38 PM   #275
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Nautilus under attack by MIG 21`s
Old 11-05-10, 11:04 PM   #276
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I need a new change of pants
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 04:50 AM   #277
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

AMAZING !!!!!!

great work there !!!!

keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 01:03 AM   #278
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'm really curious about this campaign.
I'm going to venture a guess that it will be a "hot" cold war?
since there's no ability to sneak around and collect intel on enemy submarines, I take it we will do a lot of inserting agents and taking pictures of russian ships in port?
basically just changing the japanese/germans to the russians and saying "have at" ?
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 01:38 AM   #279
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I think this is really some fantastic modeling work, and it's gonna look great. Gameplay-wise though, I just really feel that the SH4 engine is going to make this a rather strange and awkward experience, especially when you consider that for instance even the Type XXI/XXIII in OM can't work correctly due to the snorkel ventilation and high battery capacity simply not working.

Seeing a nuclear sub getting bombed by Migs, while a great visual, I can't help but think something like this...

...as an approximation of the SHIV engine representing cold-war era combat. It's really too bad SH4's engine has nothing to account for the sonar operations and modern ASW (including sub-to-sub combat) of the era. Cause it's certainly got a lot going for it with graphics, crew management, dynamic campaign, etc.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 06:11 AM   #280
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

well well well....

first of all, yes it`l be a "hot" cold war and the soviets will replace the german side. second, the nautilus being bombed by migs happend when i was surfaced with my radars switched off.due to the size of the sub and the speed of the planes, they found me still surfaced at arrival.it was the first test, too.i`ve now added ungiuded rockets and got a little more than just a bloody nose. modern asw doesn`t seem to be so tricky, just change the weapons configurations. remember, the enemy ships are also new, they´re faster, carry new weapons, detect you sooner and kill you at one single shot in the worst case. considering the large numbers of photographs of both soviet and us submarines taken by opponent airplanes, i don`t think thats fictional. ps sub to sub combat works not too bad by now. there are still some reserves in the game engine.
Old 11-08-10, 01:48 PM   #281
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
Thanks James!

In the epic battle that pits me against my CTD issue, I've made progress! Now it will CTD after 2 missions instead of just after 1. So I'm going to make available the Permit class beta to get some feedback as to other users issues if any. It is not campaign ready so you'll have to play Single Missions and Patrols to test it.

My theory as to my CTD issue is that I may have a setting on my PC or for the game itself that may be causing it. So if you download please get back to me here with your PC's specs and your game settings along with all mods you are running in conjunction with it. I would prefer that you don't run any other mods with it so as to narrow the field.

http://www.filefront.com/17344706/SSN-594-Permit.7z/
So far I've gotten 30 downloads of this and one response as to any problems. So I'm going to assume that the other 29 of you had no problems and the Permit will remain unchanged, unless you have something to add.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 02:32 PM   #282
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
So far I've gotten 30 downloads of this and one response as to any problems. So I'm going to assume that the other 29 of you had no problems and the Permit will remain unchanged, unless you have something to add.

Hi ETR3(SS) i have not noticed that sub was available for download, so i decided to start it's sea trials today

The sub model looks and feels great!

I would add the MK-48 torpedo's when i start the battle of midway i have the mk-27 torpedo's available. The sub go's faster then that torpedo. But i can change it myself no worries.

Also what i've noticed when i give the order for periscope depth the periscope does not reach the surface i have to manually change the depth so i can have a clear visual.
Oh and while you allready know Silent hunter 4 stop's responding when i exit the game. Not really a problem but i thought i should mention it.
These are small things, but hey you asked

And once again thanks to all the modders out there who continue to make silent hunter 4 enjoyable... the best 50 bucks i have ever spend.
Old 11-08-10, 06:19 PM   #283
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
Hi ETR3(SS) i have not noticed that sub was available for download, so i decided to start it's sea trials today

The sub model looks and feels great!

I would add the MK-48 torpedo's when i start the battle of midway i have the mk-27 torpedo's available. The sub go's faster then that torpedo. But i can change it myself no worries.

Also what i've noticed when i give the order for periscope depth the periscope does not reach the surface i have to manually change the depth so i can have a clear visual.
Oh and while you allready know Silent hunter 4 stop's responding when i exit the game. Not really a problem but i thought i should mention it.
These are small things, but hey you asked

And once again thanks to all the modders out there who continue to make silent hunter 4 enjoyable... the best 50 bucks i have ever spend.
Thank you for your feedback Marka. I'm aware of the torpedo and periscope issues already. My focus is more on the CTD. Did you experience any while doing multiple missions (one after another)? This is the problem I'm trying to sort out at the moment as it can really take a way from the experience.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 07:30 PM   #284
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
well well well....

first of all, yes it`l be a "hot" cold war and the soviets will replace the german side. second, the nautilus being bombed by migs happend when i was surfaced with my radars switched off.due to the size of the sub and the speed of the planes, they found me still surfaced at arrival.it was the first test, too.i`ve now added ungiuded rockets and got a little more than just a bloody nose. modern asw doesn`t seem to be so tricky, just change the weapons configurations. remember, the enemy ships are also new, they´re faster, carry new weapons, detect you sooner and kill you at one single shot in the worst case. considering the large numbers of photographs of both soviet and us submarines taken by opponent airplanes, i don`t think thats fictional. ps sub to sub combat works not too bad by now. there are still some reserves in the game engine.
Well, then I'll wait patiently

I for one would kill to have a good alternate history campaign in all of this - so we'll see how it develops. I'm not a stickler for systems modeling, so if we can get a semblance of the right tactics and operations, I'm all up for it!

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 10:04 AM   #285
polyfiller
Weps

Downloads: 40

jhapprich - great work ..... I'm just putting my TSWSM hat back on after a long break and wondered if we could compare "notes" on AI toprdeo firing. In the TSWSM we also benefitted from Darkfish's megga torpedo spawning ... and I did a whole lot of testing and adjustments on accuracy etc.....

Results were never really ideal, but useable (just). How happy are you with the accuracy of the AI torpedo firing you have ? If good, can you share settings for ammo speed etc. ? If not happy, then I may be able to help (a little).

My last testing got to the point where a AI sub could take down a battelship at around 500 metres, pretty much regardless of AOA and target speed. Key issue I was unable to resolve though was AI subs engaging well beyond an effective range and therefore using all their ammo before getting in range. I had considered much larger ammo capacity - but I have to use a very high ROF to compensate for accuracy issues (accuracy on a per eel basis was less than 15% when tested across a wide range of AOA).
polyfiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modern, submarine