SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-25-08, 04:18 AM   #1
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Kaha
Am I blind or has the RSRDC_AuxGB_Fix link been removed?

And am I right to assume that this fix will no longer be needed for the new version, which is compatible with RFB 152?

This is very possible We'll have to wait for a more definitive word, but my guess would be yes.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 07:55 AM   #2
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

Thanks, okay then let's continue waiting
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 08:32 AM   #3
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Kaha
Am I blind or has the RSRDC_AuxGB_Fix link been removed?

And am I right to assume that this fix will no longer be needed for the new version, which is compatible with RFB 152?
from the readme in the first post of this thread

Quote:
RSRDC Patch Readme

Patch versions

Upgrade the SpecOps missions based on the following recommendation:

I've been thinking about Special Missions since I've had my 1st one in SH4. The thing that still bothers me most is the "instantaneous" nature in which they happen. In reality, dropping off troops or supplies took some time. So--here's an idea...

Make Special Missions a 2 part process. 1. You have to reach the area where the mission is to occur and remain there for 2-4 hours. When the requirement is meant it triggers 2. This is the actual Special Mission Objective set to take place at the same location of 1. That's when the troops get in their boat and depart the sub (or whatever is supposed to take place).

To add some extra hazards to the mix (and these missions were considered hazardous) could be the inclusion of a random group which contained a Gunboat or--less likely--a SC that patrols through the area. A Japanese Coast Watcher could even be created on land where the special mission is to take place, put in such a location that would make a surfaced sub clearly visible during the day (I'm pretty sure this could be done anyway). That coast watcher would then call in whatever was in the area to go after the sub. Doing this would force the player to make his drops at night so timing would become an issue.

The only drawback that jumps out at me is the sub could accomplish part 1 while remaining submerged, surface to do part 2 and then leave. Still--remaining submerged in 60 feet of water where a player may actually be located is IMO more dangerous than how Special Missions are currently set up.

Changes to messages.txt

Added RSRDC_AugGB_Fix

Added TMO_FloatPlane_fix

Revised all S18/42 Flotilla assignments to the following:

S18 boats transfer from TF 51 (Fremantle) to TF42 (Brisbane) on 18 April 1942
S18 boats transfer from TF42 (Brisbane) to TG Task Group 8.5 (Dutch Harbor) on 1 Nov 1942
S42 boats transfer from TF42 (Brisbane) to TG Task Group 8.5 (Dutch Harbor) on 1 April 1943
Added message traffic to support S-Boats Transfer
Change decommission dates for S18 Boats (Task Group 8.5 ) to Dec 30 1943
Change decommission dates for S42 Boats (Task Group 8.5 ) to Feb 15 1944

Install instructions

All patches are “roll-ups”.

Remove all old patches and install new patch with JSGME
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 09:10 AM   #4
Kruniac
Swabbie

Downloads: 63

Nice job with the mod. Do the same for the German campaign, please. I can't really stand playing as the Allies in any WWII simulation, and this is no different. As such, we U-Boat folks are suffering from the same lame-o campaign as before your mod came to the Allied campaign.
Kruniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-08, 10:44 PM   #5
claybirdd
Frogman

Downloads: 32

thanks Lurker for keeping things updated. I believe you kow how much we all depend on RSRD.
claybirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 01:32 AM   #6
Te Kaha
Navy Dude

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3

from the readme in the first post of this thread
And again, it all boils down to... read the da§%$" readme....

Thanks for your answer anyway
Te Kaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-08, 03:50 AM   #7
Rip
Commodore

Downloads: 39

Version 396 with RFB 1.52 seems to break Silent Running for me at least on the USS Stingray. See my posts in the RFB thread.

Rip
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 03:33 PM   #8
conmcloud
Watch

Downloads: 6
Default Hi Kriller

I don't post that much but I have a problem with RSRDC. On the first mission i start in manila and go north, I then speed it up and then I get a message saying the program is not responding and crash to desktop. I also am using 1.5 expansion. I have been trying to figure it out for 2 days. Can you please help me out

The other mods I am using are

Capt Midnight radio
smaller seaplants
Hi res binocs
PE4
and Patch 8

Thanks
Con
conmcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 09:57 PM   #9
conmcloud
Watch

Downloads: 6
Can Ayone Help me out?

please see reply before
conmcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 10:47 PM   #10
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by conmcloud
I don't post that much but I have a problem with RSRDC. On the first mission i start in manila and go north, I then speed it up and then I get a message saying the program is not responding and crash to desktop. I also am using 1.5 expansion. I have been trying to figure it out for 2 days. Can you please help me out

The other mods I am using are

Capt Midnight radio
smaller seaplants
Hi res binocs
PE4
and Patch 8

Thanks
Con

The following info is required

Start date
Type of Sub

Mod install order
Old 11-03-08, 05:24 AM   #11
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Question re RSRD for SH4 vers 1.4

Hi to all,
I have been out of action for a long while, extreme PC problems with dying hard drive, no back in action with super PC delux - Any way have just installed SH4 and patched to 1.4 - I have store bought UBoat missions add on but cant get the dam thing to load, some sort of error - so I have perfect game to 1.4, I remember RSRD, and always thought it was one of the better mods around -

Question is there a link to 1.4 compatable RSRD mod as I'd like to play again - Or failing that does anyone know what might be happening to cause my uboat misssions disck to fail to add on - or failing that does any one know which of the availbel mods for SH4 has the most realism, especially where the Japs actually get nasty and try to sink you

Regards
R
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-08, 07:34 AM   #12
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi to all,
I have been out of action for a long while, extreme PC problems with dying hard drive, no back in action with super PC delux - Any way have just installed SH4 and patched to 1.4 - I have store bought UBoat missions add on but cant get the dam thing to load, some sort of error - so I have perfect game to 1.4, I remember RSRD, and always thought it was one of the better mods around -

Question is there a link to 1.4 compatable RSRD mod as I'd like to play again - Or failing that does anyone know what might be happening to cause my uboat misssions disck to fail to add on - or failing that does any one know which of the availbel mods for SH4 has the most realism, especially where the Japs actually get nasty and try to sink you

Regards
R

http://hosted.filefront.com/lurkerhlb3/2229895
Old 11-05-08, 12:26 AM   #13
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Default Thanks for your prompt answers

Hi Lurker, thanks for that - Have downloaded and looking forward to playing, one question am I right to think RSRD does not support ROW, but the Pacific Environment mods I am using a combo of ROW and PE5 are ok

R

Quote:
Quote:
Hi to all,

Regards
R

rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-08, 07:47 AM   #14
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Hi Lurker, thanks for that - Have downloaded and looking forward to playing, one question am I right to think RSRD does not support ROW, but the Pacific Environment mods I am using a combo of ROW and PE5 are ok

R

Quote:
Quote:
Hi to all,

Regards
R
It should not be a problem. But remember that the 1.4 version are no longer supported and if you run into problems I wouldn't be able to help you

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 11-05-08 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-05-08, 10:51 AM   #15
Skullbiscuit
Swabbie

Downloads: 59
Default Question on Damage Model for Coastal A/B patrol craft

Howdy!

I have really enjoyed the single missions which come with this campaign. One question though is the damage model for these new coastal patrol boats seems at odds with their size. I am able to routinely sink a DD with one torp, it may move about a bit after being hit but eventually settles in the water and either sinks outright or is immobilized.

On the other hand these coastal types seem to always take two torps and I have never managed to do anything but bring perhaps a 50% max speed reduction with one hit. This does not seem right to me for a ship which is smaller and dare say more lightly armored than a DD.

I have also come to fear the accuracy/depth charge ability of these patrol boats more than I am DD's. Perhaps I have a data corruption somewhere but I have had a couple of occurences where a coastal boat just got close to me and I incurred major damage which sunk me (there was no preceding attack by this boat with depth charges --- I hear it approach it gets close and the next thing is the "broken glass" sound and I have massive damage)

Regards

SB
Skullbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote