SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-02-21, 03:05 PM   #6541
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

< it looks like it's huge different among the EU member state.

Here in Denmark it takes less than a week from the arrival of the vaccine and the injection in a shoulder of a Dane.

So far 7.- something percentage has got their first shot and around 0.4-0.5 has got their second shot.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 04:32 PM   #6542
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

More and more EU members have the nose full of the EU vaccination ways and turn to Israel, China and Russia for help.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/03/02/e...ntl/index.html

German federal authorities meanwhile oppose demands to open the strict prioritizing scheme over here and to use the high stockpile of unused vaccine doses (almost 2.5 million now!) on people who actually want to get vaccinated.

Its better to have the stuff laying around uselessly than to put it into arms that have no priority.

Total loss of connection to reality. Total loss. It continues in their bizarre collection of lockdown and opening rules that vary with state and district, and usually include a rich biome of contradictions and absurdities. Meanwhile, shops get strangled with absurd conceptions with click&meets of which most shops and malls can not live, so they do not even open up for it, and the fundament of the citie'S economies gets eroded systematically.

A survey amongst shopping chains and warhouses showed on the weekend, that the big players each of them will shut down stores and malls by the many dozens throughout the country. No "corona shut-down" I mean , but "game end".

Estimations in Decembre said that up to two thirds of hotels and restaurants could break under the lockdown and shut down forever. And that was in Decembre.

The city centres with their shopping miles will die in most cities. It cannot be prevented anymore.

In Bejing, champaign is flowing, no doubt. The timing of this pandemic is perfect, seen from their plans for the new world order.
Old 03-03-21, 06:55 AM   #6543
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:52 AM   #6544
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Meanwhile cases continue to drop in the U.S. New infections have fallen close to 70% nationwide in just over six weeks, bringing the average number of cases to levels last seen in early fall. The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 has plummeted by nearly 60% since the peak in January,

Texas governor lifts mask mandate and allows businesses to open 100%. And almost immediately afterwards what do you think the media accuses the governor of being? Yep, you guessed it, he's now been labelled anti-science!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-03-21 at 06:04 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 10:25 AM   #6545
Skybird
Soaring

The mood has flipped over in Germany, my guts feeling says. More and more people turn aggressive.

The leisurely comfort of the German political staff is an impudence that is as contemptuous of the people as it is unrealistic. I can't put as many bathtubs in my apartment as I could throw up every day.

https://translate.google.com/transla...b-607efce16cf5

Quote:
The American writer Edward Estlin Cummings coined a glorious saying: "There is some **** I will not eat". I think I had reached this point at the latest when I heard what Angela Merkel said this week in the Union parliamentary group: "We certainly need the month of March to develop a comprehensive test strategy." There was and always is in the course of this pandemic Again sentences to freak out, freak-out sentences. One year after the start of the pandemic, five months after the start of the second wave, in the country where the world's first corona test was developed, Merkel's leisurely sentence is more than an impertinence, more than outrage, more than just a catastrophe.
Old 03-03-21, 11:30 AM   #6546
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The mood has flipped over in Germany, my guts feeling says. More and more people turn aggressive.

The leisurely comfort of the German political staff is an impudence that is as contemptuous of the people as it is unrealistic. I can't put as many bathtubs in my apartment as I could throw up every day.

https://translate.google.com/transla...b-607efce16cf5
People get the government they deserve...
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 12:27 PM   #6547
Skybird
Soaring

That is so true.
Old 03-03-21, 12:34 PM   #6548
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-04-21, 03:21 AM   #6549
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
[...] Texas governor lifts mask mandate and allows businesses to open 100%. And almost immediately afterwards what do you think the media accuses the governor of being? Yep, you guessed it, he's now been labelled anti-science!

He is acting a bit irresponsible, but as we all know you are recently used to that. Let us repost this at the end of the year?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:18 AM   #6550
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Latest test and trace figures for England show the number of people testing positive for coronavirus fell by 19% in the week to 24 February.

But a "promising" six-week decline in Covid cases in Europe has been disrupted by a rise in infections, the World Health Organization says
"We are seeing a resurgence in central and eastern Europe," says Hans Kluge, the WHO regional director for Europe.

New cases are also rising in several western European countries, Kluge adds, saying Europe needs to expand supply and access to vaccines.

Germany is changing its stance on the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, allowing over-65s to receive the jab, Chancellor Angela Merkel says.

UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak says the "shock that coronavirus has done to our economy has been significant" and "won't be fixed overnight"
It "will be the work of many years, decades and governments to fully pay all that money back," Sunak says.

New vaccines to fight variants such as the one from Brazil can be fast-tracked through the approval system, says UK regulator the MHRA

US President Joe Biden has criticised the lifting of mask requirements in the states of Texas and Mississippi, calling it "Neanderthal thinking"

Old 03-04-21, 07:26 AM   #6551
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

People in Italy who have already had Covid-19 will receive just one vaccine dose instead of the usual two, the Italian health ministry has announced.

France and Spain introduced the same approach in the past month.

Brazil has recorded a record death toll from Covid-19 for the second day running. A further 1,910 people have died, adding to the 250,000 total death toll recorded there from the virus. Some 70,000 new cases have also been recorded. Several serious waves of infection have already devastated parts of the country. A partial lockdown has now been introduced in the city of São Paulo and the government is trying to boost its vaccine campaign.

The EU says it is putting Russian vaccine Sputnik-V under an ongoing review, potentially opening the door for its use in Europe. The vaccine is approved in numerous countries around the world. But several European nations, including Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia have expressed interest in buying doses in recent days, posing a challenge to the EU's approach of buying vaccines as a bloc

The Czech Republic has asked the government in Beijing for deliveries of the vaccines made by China's Sinopharm, a Czech presidential spokesman has confirmed. The country has seen a surge in the number of coronavirus cases.

Greece is extending a lockdown in the greater Athens region of Attica as new infections reach the highest number so far this year. Under the new restrictions, residents will only be able to shop in supermarkets within 2km (1.2 miles) of their homes.

Egypt will now begin vaccinating older people and the clinically vulnerable, its government has announced.

Old 03-04-21, 09:28 AM   #6552
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
He is acting a bit irresponsible, but as we all know you are recently used to that. Let us repost this at the end of the year?

“Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared,” the Republican governor said in a statement. However, “It is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

How do you know he's acting irresponsible when not one journalist has investigated and published data he used to make his decision for the state of Texas? Flattening the curve and reducing the potential for overwhelming hospitals has always been the goal. Has that been achieved? Also, his lifting of the state government mandate does not forbid people from wearing masks or using hand sanitizer. Neither is there anything preventing the governor from making the call to wear masks and restrict business operations if that curve starts trending up again. Lets not focus too much on Texas either because most other states have already or are in the process of lifting restrictions too. Including the state lead by that hypocrite "do as I say and not as me and my corporate cronies do" Gavin Newsome.

U.S. infections and deaths have fallen dramatically and state governments are moving on that information. Neither Biden, Trump or any U.S. President has the authority to rule over them one way or the other.

If you want a picture of what irresponsibility then look no further than your beloved E.U. vaccination roll out. That's what irresponsibility looks like, but you're probably used too that. European states are moving on getting the vaccine themselves because of that crackpot bureaucracy of clucking hens cant seem to pull it together and protect their own.

By the end of the year things may change here, we may see a rise in infections and require restrictions again. One thing is certain what will not change is that do nothing E.U. bureaucracy (and Britain's love for chicken sandwiches. )

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-04-21 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-04-21, 11:31 AM   #6553
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
“Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared,” the Republican governor said in a statement. However, “It is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

How do you know he's acting irresponsible when not one journalist has investigated and published data he used to make his decision for the state of Texas? Flattening the curve and reducing the potential for overwhelming hospitals has always been the goal. Has that been achieved? Also, his lifting of the state government mandate does not forbid people from wearing masks or using hand sanitizer. Neither is there anything preventing the governor from making the call to wear masks and restrict business operations if that curve starts trending up again. Lets not focus too much on Texas either because most other states have already or are in the process of lifting restrictions too. Including the state lead by that hypocrite "do as I say and not as me and my corporate cronies do" Gavin Newsome.

U.S. infections and deaths have fallen dramatically and state governments are moving on that information. Neither Biden, Trump or any U.S. President has the authority to rule over them one way or the other.

If you want a picture of what irresponsibility then look no further than your beloved E.U. vaccination roll out. That's what irresponsibility looks like, but you're probably used too that. European states are moving on getting the vaccine themselves because of that crackpot bureaucracy of clucking hens cant seem to pull it together and protect their own.

By the end of the year things may change here, we may see a rise in infections and require restrictions again. One thing is certain what will not change is that do nothing E.U. bureaucracy (and Britain's love for chicken sandwiches. )
By the end of the year there will be another spike in the fall/winter. ALL coronaviruses are strongly seasonal, so this precipitous dropoff in the past couple of weeks not unexpected as we start rolling out of cold/flu season. We shouldn't be worrying about variants because of initial studies indicating T-cell responses being mostly unaffected by variants:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...02.27.433180v1

Texas *should* be worrying about all of the covid-19 positive illegal aliens being released into the US who then largely disappear rather than being reachable by authorities before showing up for immigration proceedings. That disappearing act makes it impossible to properly do contact tracing.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:22 PM   #6554
Skybird
Soaring

Got my latest blood values today. 25-OH-D (Calcidiol, the storage form of Vitamine D) now at 73 ng/ml. Excellent, superb, outstanding! I want it to be between 70 and 80. Watch out, Corona, here I come!

For reference. I have switched from 10.000 IE to 15.000 (dark time of the year, still), will go back to 10.000 in summer. I am now clearly but moderately "fat", weighing 87 kg at 178 cm body height, I sin too much still with carbohydrates and sweets. I take Vitamine D since late spring last year.

In Germany, the sun has an UV index of 1 from early Octobre into May. For Vitamine-D production via your skin you need an UV index of 4 and higher. You do not produce less vit-d if the index is lower - you produce NONE.

Get those pills. Dont be shy of maintenance doses of 5000 and 10.000.

Also did an Iodine Loading Test (I needed to explain my - new - doc what that is...). Fortunately his lab is one of the few in Germany (Germany is the country of the iodine-phobics) that offer that. Iodine excretion was 41 mg - 45 would be the possible optimum and maximum. Itmeans my body is almost fully loaded with all the iodine that it needs/wants, which is an awesome lot more than what it got until last year (which was practically almost none). I'm almost there! For reference, I now take netto 25 mg of iodine per day. TSH slightly raised, as it should be at this point of time, its temporary and its normal for what I do, and already has started to drop since 4 months ago, so the symporter activation in my system seems to be almost completed now, too. Took me 9 months.

And Tuesday I got the result of my Omega-3 matrix. 13%, it says, that too is a bit above the "just wanted" range of 8-11%, so I say: optimal. More good news! For reference, I take 15ml of a fish oil per day that contains amongst others 2,6 gr of EPA and 1.7 gr of DHA. The taste is that of grapefuit and not any fishy at all, actually is very delicious (and expensive...) Also, I additionally have 2-4 times per week fatty fish like makrela, herring and mostly salmon.

Three shots, three hits. Cant get any better. I'm sorry for any virus crossing my way!

Considering that I was also able to skip my hypertonia meds, I must say that although it sounds absurd: the past 12 months of a Corona year so far have been a splendid gain of health for me.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-04-21 at 12:48 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 12:46 PM   #6555
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Got my latest blood values today. 25-OH-D (Calcidiol, the storage form of Vitamine D) now at 73 ng/ml. Excellent, superb, outstanding! I want it to be between 70 and 80. Watch out, Corona, here I come!

For reference. I have switched from 10.000 IE to 15.000 (dark time of the year, still), will go back to 10.000 in summer. I am now clearly but moderately "fat", weighing 87 kg at 178 cm body height, I sin too much still with carbohydrates and sweets. I take Vitamine D since late spring last year.

In Germany, the sun has an UV index of 1 from early Octobre into May. For Vitamine-D production via your skin you need an UV index of 4 and higher. You do not produce less vit-d if the index is lower - you produce NONE.

Get those pills. Dont be shy of maintenance doses of 5000 and 10.000.

Also did an Iodine Loading Test (I needed to explain my - new - doc what that is...). Fortunately his lab is one of the few in Germany (Germany is the country of the iodine-phobics) that offer that. Iodine excretion was 41 mg - 45 would be the possible optimum and maximum. Itmeans my body is almost fully loaded with all the iodine that it needs/wants, which is an awesome lot more than what it got until last year (which was practically almost none). I'm almost there! For reference, I now take netto 25 mg of iodine per day. TSH slightly raised, as it should be at this point of time, its temporary and its normal for what I do, and already has started to drop since 4 months ago, so the symporter activation in my system seems to be almost completed now, too. Took me 9 months.

And Tuesday I got the result of my Omega-3 matrix. 13%, it says, that too is a bit above the "just wanted" range, so I say: optimal. More good news! For reference, I take 15ml of a fish oil per day that contains amongst others 2,6 mg of EPA and 1.7 mg of DHA. The taste is that of grapefuit and not any fishy at all, actually is very delicious (and expensive...) Also, I additionally have 2-4 times per week fatty fish like makrela, herring and mostly salmon.

Three shots, three hits. Cant get any better. I'm sorry for any virus crossing my way!

Considering that I was also able to skip my hypertonia meds, I must say that although it sounds absurd: the past 12 months of a Corona year so far have been a splendid gain of health for me.

That's great news Skybird, too better health a bright future and good UV indices!

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan