SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-28-20, 09:33 AM   #4471
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The UK's "true" coronavirus death toll has passed 56,400, the latest Office for National Statistics figures reveal.

So far 56,409 deaths have been registered across the country where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate, including suspected cases.

The figures come amid an ongoing row over Britain's travel quarantine measures, with reports the self-isolation period will be cut down from 14 days to 10.

The Government continues to opinion over its "swift" decision to remove Spain from its list of safe destinations to visit. Meanwhile, Downing Street has added a further five countries to the so-called "travel corridor" group.

In other developments, Boris Johnson has announced plans to make bikes available on the NHS as part of the Government’s anti-obesity drive, and the world’s biggest Covid-19 vaccine trial has begun in the US, with some 30,000 volunteers taking part.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 11:26 AM   #4472
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I think either China is lying or we should all move to China

Mainland China

83,959 Active cases

Fatal cases 4,634

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 11:57 AM   #4473
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ In a Danish radio broadcast some month ago
Free China had a whole different numbers of infected and dead.

From Memory.

In Wuhan the local crematories had cremated over 42000/47000, more than usual.

Local health authorities drove around in the area and picked up dead bodies from homes.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-20, 12:18 PM   #4474
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I think either China is lying or we should all move to China

Mainland China

83,959 Active cases

Fatal cases 4,634

Look at Taiwan. Smart people.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (11.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 07-28-20, 01:38 PM   #4475
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-28-20, 05:28 PM   #4476
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

I have a hard time believing that India's numbers are what they are reported.
Old 07-29-20, 02:49 AM   #4477
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I have never been tested but I have been in self isolation now for a few months.
Not long ago I got a cough, I treated it myself like I always do and after a time it went, but since then I have had loss of energy, breathless, insomnia and the odd headache.

I was reading this could be what they call (Post Viral Fatigue) the symptoms of the after effect of CV-19.
They list: Headaches, Nausia, Diarrhoea, Breathelssness, Metallic taste in the mouth, loss of smell, Burning in the mouth, Cramp, Violent shaking episodes, Vertigo and a few more.

I wake in the morning and most times I have a headache, at first I thought my pillow was too high, tried different things but still get them.
I don't have the enthusiasm to do even the smallest of jobs, if I do a job I get out of breath very quick and need to sit down and rest.

I have had coughs before but never felt like this after they have gone, I'm still in isolation, like I sad above I haven't been out in months, I'm in my own lockdown, I get my groceries delivered via monthly online shopping.
I'm 72 by the way and have an irregular heartbeat, so on daily tablets for that.

Keep reading things where people saying it is all a big hoax, there is no virus etc, it's all a government plot and so on.
You may ask if I have been in lockdown then how did I get it, well not sure but I have been in the front garden to cut the grass, spoke the the guy next door over the fence, it might have been in the air, I don't know.

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 03:25 AM   #4478
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ By symptoms you are indeed sounding typical for Post-Covid19-Syndrome, but you may want to be sure and get tested just so to have a doctor deciding whether you still are infectous or not. I think you are not, and must not self-isolate any longer. Patients are not infectous throughout all the time they suffer from disease or post-disease symptoms. The dangerous time where people are highly infectour for others is at the very early beginning. A second reason to get tested is to see if you have antibodies, and thus immunity for the time being. Its a bit complicated with concluding from antibodies on immunity, or concluding from lack of antibodies on lacking immunity, but as a rule of thumb the connection can be made.
Old 07-29-20, 04:04 AM   #4479
Skybird
Soaring

A German study shows that of all patients that got hospiltalized in Germany during Spring, every fifth patient has died of Corona. Thats sounds consistent to me with numbers saying that your risk for suffering so seriously when catching the infection that you need to enter hospital at some time, is 20 : 80, and that 4% of the total infected people die: 20 divided by 4 is 5: that means every fifth hospitalized patient.

53% of those needing ventilation, died.

The study's numbers base on health insurrance data representing one third of the total German population. To be found in The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.

And in JAMA Cardiology a group of scientists in Frankfurt report that 78% of patients recovering from Covid-19 (two thirds at home, one third in hospitals) showed lasting inflammatory processes in the heart muscle's tissue, visible in MRT. Most of these patients where never hopsitalised and had only very mild forms of Covid-19.

Last week I red somewhere that CARS-CoV-2 is a virus that can enterpratcially every cell type in the body, making the whole, complete body of humans a possible attack target. Everything, including neurons, and skin. It seems we have no knowledge that many such omnipotent virusses do exist.

A frightening little bugga... It commands respect.
Old 07-29-20, 06:02 AM   #4480
Skybird
Soaring

When the symptoms never go away:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ctors-n1235091

The real, profit reasons why Trump and his minions still promote Hydroxychloroquine, despite scientific trials showing it is not effective (latest such study for Germany just a week ago, I posted it then).

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-...ctors-n1235100

Last edited by Skybird; 07-29-20 at 08:10 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 08:09 AM   #4481
Skybird
Soaring

Boeing ends production of B-747 in 2022.

Earlier, world's biggest operator of 747s, BA, already had pulled the plug on its fleet with immediate effect. Other carriers followed.

End of an era. But you would have never got me into one of these oversized planes anyway. Although I did travel 20 and 30 years ago - never with an airliner, always on the ground, the tracks, the water. I just dont trust flying things the size of airliners.
Old 07-29-20, 08:28 AM   #4482
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

omg, this just got serious

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...pper-shortage/

Quote:
Reported shortages of Dr Pepper soda flavors across the U.S. in the spring and summer of 2020 sparked Snopes readers to question whether limited local soda stocks were the lingering result of coronavirus-disrupted production chains, or of people hoarding the carbonated soft drink.
Not taking any chances, I've got the Urban War Vehicle fueled and loaded, heading out now!
Old 07-29-20, 10:05 AM   #4483
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 07-29-20, 10:07 AM   #4484
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Young people could be driving spikes in coronavirus infections across Europe, the World Health Organization warns.

Several countries are seeing a higher proportion of new cases among the young, the health body's Europe director says.

The top US infectious diseases expert says the height of a pandemic is not the time to be distracted by political infighting.

Speaking to the BBC, Dr Anthony Fauci has blamed the recent surge in cases on some states not following expert advice.

Almost 1,300 virus-related deaths were reported in the US on Tuesday, the biggest daily increase since May.

Heathrow boss calls for tests at airports to avoid quarantine rules, but a UK minister says this is not a "silver bullet"

Scaled back Hajj begins in Saudi Arabia with international visitors banned.

There have been nearly 16.7 million confirmed cases globally, and around 660,000 deaths.

Old 07-29-20, 10:13 AM   #4485
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
omg, this just got serious

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/co...pper-shortage/

Not taking any chances, I've got the Urban War Vehicle fueled and loaded, heading out now!
Try to buy dried yeast in German supermarkets. Not only is it out since March - they also have not gotten any resupplies since then.

(You can buy it via internet, in baker's quantities of 1 kg packs, but not those tiny packs with 5 sleeves à 7 or 9 gr).

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan