Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-20-20, 09:47 AM   #3031
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna
In some other countries, there has even been the practice of requiring the families to bury the bodies of loved ones on their own, digging the graves themselves...
Yuck!
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 10:30 AM   #3032
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

US, Canada, Mexico borders shut for another 30 days.

The Czech Republic made its first move to lift restrictions two weeks ago, allowing citizens to cycle, jog and hike in the countryside without face masks.

In Norway this morning children returned to pre-school, under three conditions: they must take packed-lunches, no toys can be brought in from home, and there must be hand-washing facilities outside.

Books, bikes and cars are being sold again today in Germany, with face masks recommended in public places, and mandatory in some states.

In Spain, some construction work has restarted but general lockdown measures remain tight. A ban on children leaving their homes has been lifted, so they can now get fresh air.

Belgium and France will stay under lockdown until early May, with care home deaths still a huge concern in both countries.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 11:09 AM   #3033
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

More on the problem with tracking apps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52353720

The German RKI has deliberately rejected two weeks ago to open the source code and to allow tarnsparent checks from independent experts, instead simply demanding blind trust by the public.

Not the first communication esaster by the RKI, their weerks long denial of the usefulness of masks was another famous example, though not the only one. If these apps and their data are so essential for controlling the pandemic, I cannot see then why they have such a big issue with makling the data storage thing transparent and ruling out for sure that abuse by storing data in centralised data banks could happen.

The overwhelming impression is that they want this option beign exlcuded as an implicit featuzre and that the possibiulity to profile people independently from the Covid mission, is the real purpose here, with Covid19 serving just as a strawman, or alibi.

As things look right now, I will not voluntarily accept such an app being installed and used on my device(s). Only idiots blindly trust the states they live in, history teaches that the state is not to be trusted. If these apps are so essential, then for heaven's sake: make their data storage time-limited, de-centralised/local, and the source code transparent. If that is too much asked for, I will quit believing the truth behind the argument that it is an essential app for battloing Covid19.
Old 04-20-20, 11:15 AM   #3034
Skybird
Soaring

In the Netherlands and the UK, dozens of attacks on G5 broadcasting masts have been recorded. I read 16 in the Netherlands and 20 in the UK in the last week alone.

There is no conspiracy theory that is stupid enough as if it would not find some airheads believing them.
Old 04-20-20, 11:18 AM   #3035
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

I cannot see then why they have such a big issue with makling the data storage thing transparent and ruling out for sure that abuse by storing data in centralised data banks could happen.

The overwhelming impression is that they want this option beign exlcuded as an implicit featuzre and that the possibiulity to profile people independently from the Covid mission, is the real purpose here, with Covid19 serving just as a strawman, or alibi.

As things look right now, I will not voluntarily accept such an app being installed and used on my device(s).

Only idiots blindly trust the states they live in, history teaches that the state is not to be trusted.

If these apps are so essential, then for heaven's sake: make their data storage time-limited, de-centralised/local, and the source code transparent. If that is too much asked for, I will quit believing the truth behind the argument that it is an essential app for battloing Covid19.
good points Sky ... what if they decide to use the stored data for hiring purposes and then from there they decide that if you can go to a sporting event or even the theater ... no end to what this data could be used for
or achievement

Old 04-20-20, 11:20 AM   #3036
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Read something interesting yesterday(and now I can't find this Danish article)

"A Danish Doctor claim that those who have been infected and are in a severe(not the right word, I know) situation shall NOT be placed in a respirator, as they do around the world. Those who have been infected does not have pneumonia in which those respirator would have been a great thing.

When I meet people with breathing problems, they look like they have made a jump from 8000 meters down to sea level.

I give my patient an oxygen mask and saturate their blood with oxygen.

A majority of my patient survive while it's the other way around among those who a put in a respirator."

I find it interesting, if it's true, that putting patient in a respirator kills them.

Myself I do not know what's the truth. I just notice a doctor claim these respirator kills people and they do not have pneumonia
While other doctors say they do and respirator does save their life.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 11:47 AM   #3037
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-20-20, 11:50 AM   #3038
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A further 449 deaths in UK hospitals confirmed, bringing total to 16,509

But new confirmed infections are "flattening out", says deputy chief scientific adviser Angela McLean.

Nine out of 10 UK coronavirus deaths are in hospital, says Public Health England official.

UK's emergency pay scheme will help pay wages of more than a million furloughed workers, chancellor says.

Spain's daily death toll falls below 400 for the first time since a pandemic was declared on 11 March.

US oil prices drop to 21-year low as border restrictions with Mexico and Canada extended for 30 days.

There are more than 2.4m infections worldwide, with more than 166,000 deaths.

Old 04-20-20, 11:56 AM   #3039
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Further good news on the numbers of patients in hospital with coronavirus – a small drop, the seventh day in a row it has come down.

Now around 18,000 patients are in hospital, with plenty of space to treat more if numbers did go up.

There are more than 15,000 beds free, while one in five intensive care beds is available.

It now seems clear the health service will not be overwhelmed in the way it was in Italy.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52349779

Old 04-20-20, 11:57 AM   #3040
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
border restrictions with Mexico and Canada extended for 30 days.
I didn't know that ... What will happen to our avocados from Mexico?
or achievement

Old 04-20-20, 12:03 PM   #3041
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Drink tea

Old 04-20-20, 01:16 PM   #3042
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

I know some people in Kenya who run an orphanage for children who've lost parents to H.I.V.. Like Malawi, H.I.V. is an extremely widespread problem there as well.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-20, 01:43 PM   #3043
Skybird
Soaring

One needs to assume that over Easter, people met more with families and friends. However, there is a roughly 14-day delay in actual events in reality, and repported case numbers and R0 value klater on. I fear, as partly is the case in Germany, that the falling numbers and R0 value lead to growing frustration and dissatisfaction with the suporessive situation, and demands for easing things too much. Thats is indeed a big issue here in germany, with its 16 federla states - each of them handles things differently. Some are imo irresponisbly far reaching in their easing of lockdown conditons, others stay where they are.

In my hometown, shops up to 800 m2 can open now, mjst foloow restrictions, however, and from Monday on masks are amndatory in all shops and busses and trains. However,even the most unsuitibale thin layer of any cloth already qualifies as a "mask", where as we now know quite well that the infection cna be carried over thorugh the air and by simple breath and speaking already: such mask ionly break the air stream a little bit so that aerosol do not epxlode woith so hgh speed in their start9ing phase - but they stay in the air and slowly mix with all surroundign air.

We have brought R0 value down, but thne came Easter, and more visits at home and form firends may have taken place. Whioch could mean that in a few days we say case numbers growng again, and R0 growing again.

And then we need to go into a second full lock down, whci then will be more ruinous than the first one.

In other words, w ehave had the hammer, now we do the dance. But we dance on tiptoes, near two abysses on both sides of the thin blade we do dance on.The race has jjust begaun, and we ar ejust out of the starting blocks. Now comes months and months of the enduranbce race.

And everybody over here already discusses exit strategies again and when to ease lockdown and how to open all shopping malls and schools and kindergardens: in one, two or three weeks.

We have done well untl her,e but in recent days, the public debate has turned crazy. I see a very realistic chance that we will get hit by easing too much too early, and get hit soon.

In one week or so we should see any Easter effects in the statistics, If there are any, they can only mean that counts and R0 have gone upwards again.
Old 04-20-20, 02:06 PM   #3044
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Drink tea

Not all that familiar with avocados, are we?...

<O>
Old 04-20-20, 02:24 PM   #3045
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I didn't know that ... What will happen to our avocados from Mexico?

Cinco Di Mayo is coming up. No guacamole?
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan