SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-20-09, 11:35 AM   #1
Captain009
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Landlubber Returns to Sea, clueless

Hi all. Recently dug out my old Sub Command game. Havnt played it in years. Ive had to reteach myself the game. I always used AutoCrewman before. A few questions. What on earth is SCXII and SCU? Is anyone playing Sub Command original edition with the 1.08 patch? If there is still a community playing this, I may take the time to learn how to do all the Crew positions myself. Always wanted to, but never put much effort into it. Would you recommend learning SC crew areas, or not. I want to play multiplayer. Once I get my feet wet again, Im going to start making some Created Missions. That feature always looked cool. Thanks for the explanations and patience in advance.
Old 08-20-09, 04:14 PM   #2
clive bradbury
Captain

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Welcome aboard. Bill's site explains SCU, and you can download it there:

http://www.subguru.com/downloads.html

Regarding crew areas, I would strongly recommend learning sonar, as you will be more competent than them. I usually set and fire my own torps as well. I have never bothered with TMA personally.

Creating missions, especially campaigns, is fun. I am just about to compile a few myself after a long time away. The SC manual gives you quite a good guide to this, and there is a file explaining how to create a campaign on Bill's site. Good luck!
clive bradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-09, 05:32 PM   #3
Captain009
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Been working 12 hour shift today. I can actually sit and surf the net all day long at this boring job. Anyway, WOW, I can not believe all the stuff I found, the games Ive been missing out on. So eager to jump back in this game. I guess all MP games are SCXII?

I love how guys are making scenarios from great fiction books. Ive read the Patrick robinson novels and found a few missions based on that.

I want to create some all out war scenarios involving Iranians in the Persian Gulf, double crossing Russians, sneaky backstabbing Chinese, and a missile strike on Tehran. Anyone made that scenario yet? lol

I also want to take a page from a movie I saw about a carrier going back in time just before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Forget the name of the movie. Anyways, an updated version of it where you have to take out a hidden fleet of several carriers set to attack Pearl again. Anyone made that yet? Ive got to go home and see if my computer can run Dangerous Waters, because Im running SC with ease, except for my Radeon card. I'll try that turn off all applications thing when I get home.

Can anyone list a place for noob captains to fight online, how often they meet, etc?

This game may take the #1 slot away from NASCAR 2003 for the game that consumes the majority of my freetime life, lol.
Old 09-18-09, 04:21 PM   #4
Malefactor
Loader

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

That movie sounds like The Final Countdown,with Kirk Douglas.
Old 09-24-09, 09:38 PM   #5
Wxman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

SubCommand

is just is NOT worth playing

NOBODY plays SubCommand in this day and age anymore. In fact NOBODY plays games on PC's anymore

Go getchyer Game Boy on Its all Halo now, and its ALL iBot and xPod, and what's that other thing called? Oh, that's right TEXTING where you speak in some foreign code so your parental units and the DEA will NEVER know what you're talkin' 'bout.

You're totally retro and must've installed SCX IIh on top of a PC installed CD version of SC + 1.08 update. and you're into code and stuff like doctrine logicals and tweakin' the mod on top of the mod to the max?

I'd be lying by omission if I stopped there; SCX IIh is just NOT worth playing without the ambient / sfx sound and gfx enhancements to mitigate the totally ameliorated by DW.

Wait, there was major big time bad blood thing back in the SCX day about all that and what not...
Old 09-25-09, 12:10 AM   #6
Wxman
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ripley

Last edited by Wxman; 09-25-09 at 12:24 AM.