SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-31-09, 07:04 PM   #211
igor7111
Seaman

Downloads: 385
Uploads: 0

Thank you Florida Sailor, I'm downloading it now....much appreciated.
igor7111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 11:59 AM   #212
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by igor7111 View Post
I've downloaded these radio stations. I have music downloaded into the station name itself (not the events folder) but I'm hearing nothing.
The radio doesn't stop-even at the Washington station, which worked previously. I suspect the culprit is the radio.ini file. Would anybody be willing to post their radio.ini so I can see what I'm doing wrong?
Did you paste the channel info before or after the Washington station? It sounds like you pasted it above, which will mess up all the stations. Stations must be in numerical order by their station frequency.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 09:52 AM   #213
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Just wanted to let everyone know that BtS Mods is having server issues at this time. While you can still download, it's a bit slow. Because of the size of my radio and music files, I've been asked not to post them here, so they're only available there. I will post when the issue is resolved.
Old 08-09-09, 01:44 AM   #214
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
I have created several radio mods for Silent Hunter 4, as well as seperate music files, divided by year for the WWII era, or by decade for the "oldies." Most music file songs are in mp3 format, some in wav. They can be used with any radio station or the Gramophone.

Most files are in 256MB multi-part RAR format. You MUST download all the parts in order to extract properly!

Radio stations do not include music, only the appropriate news and/or entertainment programs. Except for the KGMB, KOTR, and NHK stations, they are subdivided by year for the music files. While you can control programs in the "Events" folder, you can't control the music. And hearing a song about Iwo Jima in 1942 is just ...wrong. Except for the KOTR station, only episodes from December 1941 through August 14th, 1945 are used. Not all episodes of a program may be available.

All radio stations include readmes. These contain installation instructions, more information, and the channel info you'll need to copy and paste into the "radio.ini" in order to hear the radio stations.

All files can be downloaded from here:

http://www.bts-mods.com/?page=sh4user=fred8615

Due to a recent virus, I had to reformat my HD.

And of course, I lost all my radio mods.

However, your link is a saver.

But it has a bad point.

Fred, are you aware that the server for BTS-Mods is extremely slow.

Where I work at, I have been able to bring my external HD and plug it in. I was hoping to d/l the files here at work since work has high-speed connection.

However, connecting to bts-mods and trying to d/l part 1 of the AFRS mod, at 11.3 kb/sec, it is going to take 6 hours to d/l just one file.

Are you aware the server is extremely slow?
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 01:52 AM   #215
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Strange, I DL'ed the same station a few days ago from the same place, plus two other stations. Obvious large files, but took about 5 minutes at the most per file...At home on simple slow cable.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 04:01 AM   #216
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Strange, I DL'ed the same station a few days ago from the same place, plus two other stations. Obvious large files, but took about 5 minutes at the most per file...At home on simple slow cable.
Hoping I was wrong, I just tried again.

The best I could get was 15.2 KB/sec. Or about 4 hours and 50 minutes to d/l AFRS pt.1.
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 11:47 AM   #217
stricksl
Nub

Downloads: 13
Default BTS down for maintenance, but noticed an incorrect link prior

Hi all, been around a while, but this is my first ever post - glad to be a part of this fantastic community! I finally have high-speed at my house so now I will be a bit more active for sure. Anyway I see today BTS is down, but yesterday I was downloading some of Fred's wonderful radio mods, and I noticed that the link for More Hawaiian Music actually points to the Japanese Music.rar file. Didn't know if anyone was aware of that. Also regarding speed, I noticed speeds of about 25-30kbs, but I could download multiple files say about 5 at a time with Firefox (downloadhelper) and achieve my max download speed - so effectively speed was not an issue. Again thanks for the great downloads!
Old 08-09-09, 12:19 PM   #218
Nopileo
Watch Officer

Downloads: 3

I just dug up SH4 again and found this great mod

Just a few comments to earlier posters here: I also notice that the 'More Hawaiian Music' actually links to More Japanese Music.

The connection speed is very varying, like people say, but I get speeds between about 40-330kb/s (have a 30Mbit in/out connection), so using a download manager like GetRight is very handy for files like these, combined with leaving the PC on to download in peace for the next few nights

Anyway, thanks so much for all the time and work probably spent to prepare these great files!

Last edited by Nopileo; 08-09-09 at 04:48 PM.
Nopileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 01:59 PM   #219
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
not a good sign

A recent attempt to download music files got this notice.

BtS-Mods.com is in maintenance mode until further notice.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-09, 07:20 PM   #220
fred8615
Saint of the seas

RE: Sandman 28053 - See the post just above yours.

As for the other problems reported, the being down completely is brand new. It must've just happened in the last couple of days.

When it does come back, I'll check the Hawaiian music link then. That's one problem with BtS Mods. I don't have any control over the download page. I have to let the mods over there know about the files, and they post them. Apparently wrong in this case.
Old 08-09-09, 08:28 PM   #221
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

ARGH!

Another recent attempt to download music files got this notice.

The fleet cannot sail if the crew refuses the order, and they said they ain't doing a lick of work until Ella Fitzgerald and the Andrews Sisters are on the Gramaphone. Someone mentioned Britney Spears. Who in the hell is she?
Old 08-10-09, 01:18 AM   #222
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

I think someone blew up the radio station!

Final attempt at 2311 hrs. P.D.T. to download music files got this notice.

Old 08-10-09, 01:51 AM   #223
Frederf
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 1

I have a crazy, quick idea of how to workaround the 180deg longitude limitation with SH4. What if you wanted a radio station at 0degN and 175degW? You couldn't hear it as you crossed the international date line despite the station only being 5 degrees away.

What if you made two radio stations?
1, 0*N 175*W
2. 0*N 185*E

The second station is "off the map" so to speak since it's beyond the normal limitations of the latitude/longitude system but the programming might not care about longitudes in excess of 180 degrees.
Frederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 04:08 PM   #224
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

BTS-Mods.com is raining on Fred's parade!

As of 1210 hrs. P.D.T.:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Final attempt at 2311 hrs. P.D.T. to download music files got this notice.

Old 08-11-09, 08:19 AM   #225
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederf View Post
I have a crazy, quick idea of how to workaround the 180deg longitude limitation with SH4. What if you wanted a radio station at 0degN and 175degW? You couldn't hear it as you crossed the international date line despite the station only being 5 degrees away.

What if you made two radio stations?
1, 0*N 175*W
2. 0*N 185*E

The second station is "off the map" so to speak since it's beyond the normal limitations of the latitude/longitude system but the programming might not care about longitudes in excess of 180 degrees.
I don't think that would work. The game probably wouldn't play the station because it couldn't read the 185 setting. And if it did, you would still have have the problem of switching over to that station causing any scripted programs that played on the first station to repeat all over again on the second. I originally had my AFRS stations as 4 separate ones in different locations and having only about a 2500 nm range. But even though all used the same folder for programing, switching from one to another would cause this to happen. So in later updates I gave a 2 or single station option.

As of this morning BtS is still down. I'm sorry to say you'll just to bear with it until they're back. Or, maybe send some polite messages or PMs to Neal asking him to let me upload them here.

Tags
music, radio, radio stations