https://www.politico.eu/article/euro...atural-gas-eu/

I braced myself. Let winter come.
Old 11-22-21, 11:11 AM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Scary news indeed.

I know Denmark and Sweden has some type of backup powerplant.
The reason they are shut down is they produce to much CO2.
They have not been demolished-In case there's an energy emergency

We here on our island produce around 115 % energy. Or 15 % more than our 6000 people use on daily basis.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 12:01 PM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I dont produce it, but I bought it: 4 20l-cans of petroleum, 80l in total, 350-400 heating hours. Gets me over one month and then some more, 4-5 weeks.

In Germany, home-storing of gasoline and fuels is allowed like this: in garages, gasoline: cars with filled up tanks up to 60l, and one 10l canister of gasoline. Diesel: up to 200l. Petroleum is treated like Diesel, so 200l. The difference is aerosols from gasoline can get ignited, those for Diesel not, Petroleum is even less prone to inflammation than Diesel, it must be produced to be that by mandatory rule.

However, storage in basements and cellars is not allowed in most cases, because most basements are below earth level. Fuels like this must be stored at ground level or higher (due to aerosols accumulating at the bottom).

Pedantic german law in principle prohibits to store anything except a car in garages, and if you have no car, you are not allowed to use it for anything then (so much for privately owned "property"). That is real law here, its insane. Nobody knows of this law, and those who do, do not care. But if I get denounced by an ill-meaning neighbour, I would face a four digit penalty.

Hilarious, obscene German pedantism. I can understand that car owners should not park cars in public space and grab parking lots that others could pick as well if they have a free garage that they happen to use for someting else. In this, the law makes sense. But that you are not allowed to store anything additional to a car in your garage, or to also prohibit people the use of it in general if they have no cars but had to buy the garage as well when they bought the home - there is no excuse for this overregulation. It serves no purpose and makes no difference good or bad for anyone whether the garage is empty, or somebody has his bicycles and repair kit stored in there. As long as car owners do not pick public parking lots when they have a garage, the state has to keep its impertinent dirty nose out of this private business of people.

It gets me angry to read about such impertinences by the state these days, and it gets worse an dworse. I know very well why I am so hostile to the concept of a state itself.
Old 11-22-21, 12:29 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Interesting read, made me wonder how many liters Petroleum we are allowed to store at home.

If you store less than 25 liters of Petroleum, no requirements are made. Outdoors, you can also store up to 25 liters of Petroleum.

Tried to find information on what the rules are when it's more than these 25 liters.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 01:42 PM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Many energy suppliers here in the UK have ceased trading because of the rising cost of energy and the price cap imposed on them which prevents them putting up prices.

Today, the seventh largest and biggest yet has been put into special administration.

Quote:
Bulb Energy, which has 1.7 million customers, has announced that the firm will be put into administration.

It is the largest UK energy company to face difficulties following a sharp rise in wholesale gas prices this year.

Bulb will become the first energy company to be placed into "special administration", where it is run by the government through the regulator Ofgem.

"Customers of Bulb do not need to worry - Bulb will continue to operate as normal," Ofgem said.

"Customers will see no disruption to their supply and their account and tariff will continue as normal. Bulb staff will still be available to answer calls and queries."

The special administration measure is only used if Ofgem is unable to find another company to take over an energy firm's customers. The regulator said it was planning to apply to a court to appoint an administrator who will run the company.

Bulb said energy supplies were "secure and all credit balances are protected".

Bulb is the UK's seventh biggest energy company and has 1,000 staff. It has been trying to shore up its finances for several weeks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59373198

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote