Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-20, 06:52 AM   #1156
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
A year!! Imagine how bad things will be by then!
The first virus wave should be over within a year, with perhaps 4-5 billion people total having been infected by then.

Let's just hope it doesn't start mutating into hundreds of different strains like the common cold virus does each year. If it does, there will be no effective vaccine.

Czech government orders all restaurants and pubs, plus most shops, closed.
Quote:
The country -- which has the world's highest per capita beer consumption -- has shut pubs and restaurants for 10 days starting Saturday morning.

It has also ordered most shops -- except food supermarkets, pharmacies, gas station and other stores selling vital items -- to close.
https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-14-20 at 07:09 AM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:04 AM   #1157
STEED
Lucky Jack

Uploads: 48

Icon8

Panic buying madness continual's at my local supermarket as they now sell out of bake beans and soup, at this rate all tins will be sold out out and frozen food under a month at this rate!

Looked around at a number of supermarkets and local small shops can I find one pack of toilet paper around here? Let me put this way I have better odds on playing Gin Rummy with mutated zebras from the future.

Stiff upper lip all hands to the pump look after one another here in the UK! NO NO NO NO NO...PANIC WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE BUY EVERYTHING YOU CAN! I had it up to here with this bloody virus and the fear its generating!

Read all about the latest news on the virus its all printed on my bum cheeks.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:11 AM   #1158
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
A year!! Imagine how bad things will be by then!
I consider it a step in the right direction. Granted, a small step but anything positive is always welcome.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:11 AM   #1159
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Location: The land of the free with a glorious military history (France)
Downloads: 14

Just went for a grocery run to buy orange juice and cookies. The store was well stocked on everything, no panic runs visible here. Remind yourself and the people around you that resilience and civic-mindedness is key to achieve victory here while keeping casualties low.

Your grandparents fought the home front for us before we were born, fight the home front for them now.

In a sillier but still relevant note:

Support your local doctors and medical students if you can. Help them take care of the family while they're at work, keep their life as simple as it can be. In short, be responsible, like our forefathers were before us. Remind people who are hoarding and selling protective alcoholic gel and the like at a premium that they are killing people who are needing it. Go to local restaurants and take food back home to support the economy and these business who are going to suffer through this time.

In short, think about what you can do for others that you'd wish they would do for you.

Last edited by Rufus Shinra; 03-14-20 at 07:21 AM.
Rufus Shinra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 07:22 AM   #1160
Traveller
Captain

Steed, time is quickly running out for the UK (and elsewhere) before panic and large-scale lockdowns begin, as we have seen in China, Italy, and Spain. Please finish your preps ASAP!
Old 03-14-20, 07:27 AM   #1161
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

See, the kind of thing posted just above would have rightfully earned its author some very dark looks (at the very least) back in 1942 in UK or the US. And after the end of the war, people would have remembered these words, this behaviour, knowing for sure who they can trust and who they cannot (here, black marketers faced harsh justice in 1945).

Don't be the one who hurts their neighbourhood through panic and defeatism. Ask yourself what Mr. Rogers would do in your position (either Mr. Rogers works).
Old 03-14-20, 07:42 AM   #1162
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Safety notice: https://twitter.com/olivierveran/sta...76545398923264 (in French)

The healthcare minister just tweeted that ibuprofen, cortisone and similar anti-inflammation drugs are currently linked to worsened cases of Covid-19 infections, as in younger patients without other issues who took ibuprofen to deal with their fever (which was later found out to be Covid-caused) got themselves in a pretty bad state instead of most people of their age and medical precedents.
Old 03-14-20, 07:55 AM   #1163
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Western governments sacrifice their citizens to appease Bejing.

https://translate.google.de/translat..._taiwan_lernen
Old 03-14-20, 09:20 AM   #1164
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Shinra View Post
Safety notice: https://twitter.com/olivierveran/sta...76545398923264 (in French)

The healthcare minister just tweeted that ibuprofen, cortisone and similar anti-inflammation drugs are currently linked to worsened cases of Covid-19 infections, as in younger patients without other issues who took ibuprofen to deal with their fever (which was later found out to be Covid-caused) got themselves in a pretty bad state instead of most people of their age and medical precedents.
Already debunked. Ibuprofen is still safe to take for a fever if infected. Please don't spread dangerous fake news.
Quote:
The University Hospital Vienna reacted on Saturday at midday with a clear denial : "We would like to expressly point out that this is fake news that has no connection whatsoever with the MedUni Vienna !"
https://translate.googleusercontent....oAVH1ZG3Wbdn4g

https://www.pharmazeutische-zeitung....-und-covid-19/
Old 03-14-20, 09:21 AM   #1165
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Steed, time is quickly running out for the UK (and elsewhere) before panic and large-scale lockdowns begin, as we have seen in China, Italy, and Spain. Please finish your preps ASAP!
Well, it's not preps if you wait till the last minute. Steed, have you asked anyone in the store when they are scheduled for their next delivery? Here is is 2 or 3 times a day.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 09:33 AM   #1166
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Well, it's not preps if you wait till the last minute.
OK. Let me rephrase that: Please finish your panic buying ASAP!
Old 03-14-20, 09:36 AM   #1167
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

Quote:
Already debunked. Ibuprofen is still safe to take for a fever if infected. Please don't spread dangerous fake news.

Lolwat. This is related to cases in France, and the recommendations against Ibuprofen in this case have been there since January, requiring a prescription now, precisely because it's immunosuppressive. And I quite trust our minister, given his background: after all, here, we don't throw cabinet position through nepotism.
Old 03-14-20, 09:39 AM   #1168
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Yeah Rufus cool it The fake news was even spreading the rumor that cocaine works on Covid-19, but of course that was false.

More fake news will be on the way on what works especially to make money with the rich paying premium prices for anything that is proven , but not yet released.

That one video posted by Traveller from John Hopkins University sure seems true that 50,000 people already have Covid-19 in the USA.
I can almost believe that will happen at least when the testing finally gets going.

I just found out that when I went to the VA 10 days ago and they said they couldn't test me that they had only tested 70 people so far and that was up to yesterday.

Stop thinking you don't need to stock up for a month or so at least. What else are you going to spend the money on?

Who will be the first subsim member to get Covid-19? We should support each other, uh? But come on man you go to verify it with a scan or an image or a video.

You know someone on here will get it in the next 12 months at least
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 09:42 AM   #1169
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Ten more people in the UK have died after testing positive for coronavirus, bringing the total number of deaths in the UK to 21.

The UK's chief medical officer, Prof Chris Whitty, said all of the latest to die were patients in "at-risk" groups.

All patients NHS England gave details of had underlying health conditions and were over the age of 60.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51889957

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-20, 09:43 AM   #1170
Rufus Shinra
Soundman

rofl at the prepper nonsense, and the idea that our gov' was spreading the cocaine lie thingie when it was actually debunking it. But, heh, don't let me stop you from depriving other people from critical supplies, I hope you'll sleep soundly at night.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan