SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-20, 08:46 AM   #4546
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

This is going to be a painful journey for many and we have not yet scratched the surface of the subject above. The effects of this may be similar to a tsunami or worse.
Being able to get an overview of the consequences is impossible both in the short and long run.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:23 AM   #4547
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I feel sorry for the men and women that have to wear a mask all day

They probably will suffer mental illness for years from the requirment.

I can't wait to get mine off after just visiting the store

I had to wear one for hours at the VA and they watch you close too to make sure it's not below your nose.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 09:59 AM   #4548
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Default James Lovelock: Gaia theory creator on coronavirus and turning 101

Quote:
James Lovelock, one of Britain’s greatest scientists, is famous for developing the Gaia hypothesis, which sees the Earth as a self-regulating system.

In his long and influential career, he also revealed the chemicals that were destroying the ozone layer.

He’s just celebrated his 101st birthday and the BBC's chief environment correspondent Justin Rowlatt visited him at his home in Dorset.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/science-...nd-turning-101

101 years young! Fantastic Sir.

Marie Curie

Old 08-05-20, 10:12 AM   #4549
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post

I can't wait to get mine off after just visiting the store

I had to wear one for hours at the VA and they watch you close too to make sure it's not below your nose.
I also get that impression when I'm outdoors

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 11:06 AM   #4550
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That won't go down well with some of the Jocks

Better safe than sorry though
Local jungle telegraph says it's all due to one prat on a pub crawl. If true and if his or her name comes out they are going to be soooooo popular.....!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 01:08 PM   #4551
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGR1 View Post
Local jungle telegraph says it's all due to one prat on a pub crawl. If true and if his or her name comes out they are going to be soooooo popular.....!

Mike.
Yeah I can imagine

Old 08-05-20, 05:05 PM   #4552
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

If there's one thing I love when it comes to our democracy then it is our right to speak free(under responsibility)

But it makes me sad when I read stuff like.

Do not trust the health authorities-they are lying to you do NOT wear mask.
(read this a few days ago on a friends wall(she had shared it))
Or
It's all a hoax the government is only trying to enforce dictatorship on to us.

Under normal circumstances I would have laughed at it
The problem is, there will be some who believe these author of these conspiracy text.
And it may cost life.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-20, 05:11 PM   #4553
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus
But it makes me sad when I read stuff like.

Do not trust the health authorities-they are lying to you do NOT wear mask.
(read this a few days ago on a friends wall(she had shared it))
Or
It's all a hoax the government is only trying to enforce dictatorship on to us.
Yes, me too Markus, but I just ignore it and wonder why they are my friends.

I think I'll quit FB till after the election ... one of my friends thinks all of this will go away after the election, duh

You can't argue sense into them ... this thing is here to stay like a scary movie it's just waiitng for the cure so it can morph
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 02:35 AM   #4554
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Germany now sees as many new infections per day again as was the case in early May. The numbers have roughly doubled over the past two weeks.

In trains and busses and subways, mask wearing is now being enforced, no more long debates and attempts to argue. You get asked to wear one, if you start games, police fines you 150 Euros on the spot.

Question is if there can be enough police everywhere.

Even in schools in some federal states students need to wear masks now, even during the classes.

I think if aerosols are as danergous as it seems, this all will not be sufficient. It needs technical air cleaning.

In many trains and airplanes, still no virus-filtering HEPA filters are being used, but inferior, cheaper ones.
Old 08-06-20, 03:18 AM   #4555
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Default https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53673797

Quote:
Facebook and Twitter have penalised Donald Trump and his campaign for posts in which the president claimed children were "almost immune" to coronavirus.

Facebook deleted the post - a clip from an interview Mr Trump gave to Fox News - saying it contained "harmful Covid misinformation".

Twitter followed by saying it had frozen a Trump campaign account until a tweet of the same clip was removed.

US public health advice makes clear children have no immunity to Covid-19.
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...2_trumpfox.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53673797

Marie Curie

Old 08-06-20, 05:36 AM   #4556
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

France, Spain and Greece record their highest number of new cases in weeks.

Facebook and Twitter penalise Donald Trump and his campaign for posts showing "harmful Covid misinformation"

In the UK, 50m face masks bought by the government will not be used in hospitals because of safety concerns.

A fire in a hospital in India kills eight coronavirus patients.

Australia is set to introduce more travel restrictions as it battles a new wave of infections.

Old 08-06-20, 05:54 AM   #4557
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Department for Transport has responded to reports that travellers returning from Belgium will be required to quarantine for 14 days, saying no change in the rules has been confirmed.

There is growing speculation that the reopening date for indoor pubs in Northern Ireland that only sell alcohol will be delayed. The chief medical officer has advised that so-called "wet bars" should not reopen on Monday as planned.

A coronavirus test will be mandatory for all arrivals to Germany from Saturday, the country’s health minister has said. Jens Spahn made the announcement on Thursday after Germany reported 1,045 new coronavirus infections, the first daily jump above 1,000 cases in three months. Spahn blamed the rise on the impact of travellers returning from abroad and increasingly complacent attitudes to social distancing.

Michelle Obama, the former US first lady, has spoken candidly about her mental health during the coronavirus pandemic in the second episode of her podcast series. Obama said she was suffering from "low-grade depression" because of the pandemic and other issues, including racial injustice and the "hypocrisy" of the Trump administration.

Like compartments on a submarine in distress, state borders in Australia are closing down to curb the spread of Covid-19. Alarmed at a surge in infections, Queensland has already banned almost all residents from Victoria. It will do the same for people from the national capital, Canberra, and New South Wales, which it has declared a coronavirus hotspot. The government in New South Wales is imposing tough restrictions of its own. Travellers from Victoria will only be allowed into the state if they fly to Sydney, and go into mandatory isolation at a hotel for 14 days.

A memorial ceremony has been held in Hiroshima to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the atomic bombing of the Japanese city during World War Two. The solemn annual ceremony of remembrance in Hiroshima is normally attended by thousands of people from all over the world. Today, because of Covid-19, there were just a handful of survivors, sitting 2m (6.5ft) apart and wearing black masks.

The former president of Colombia, Álvaro Uribe, says he has tested positive for coronavirus.

After registering 829 deaths on Wednesday, Mexico looks set to pass the mark of 50,000 Covid-related fatalities later on Thursday. The country has the third highest number of deaths worldwide after the US and Brazil. Health officials have warned that in seven Mexican states, the average number of weekly cases is on the rise.

Aritana Yawalapiti, one of the most influential indigenous chiefs in Brazil, has died of respiratory complications caused by Covid-19. He was 71.

Old 08-06-20, 06:03 AM   #4558
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

San Fransisco police officer scolding a man for not wearing a mask during the 1918 influenza pandemic. Even over 100 years ago, the difference in mask wearing was not great.

Marie Curie

Old 08-06-20, 06:41 AM   #4559
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

meanwhile in Quebec things are almost back to normal. All businesses, restaurants, bars, gyms, cinemas are re-opened. Indoor and outdoor events with a max of 250 people are allowed. Most schools had already reopened in May.

Masks are mandatory in all indoor public places which pretty much everyone follows, although you quickly get used to it. New cases and deaths are at an all time low.
Old 08-06-20, 08:06 AM   #4560
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Glad to learn of it but I fear matters might change when the flu/influenza season pays us a visit.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan