SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-02-20, 10:57 AM   #4516
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:51 PM   #4517
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Nuke

Just a follow-up on Interferon (Beta):

I know an ex-submariner who's been injecting Interferon for over ten years.
He's pretty sure he has the virus but the symptoms are mild so far, at least they feel mild. Uh, so he tells me..

So much for that theory..
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 01:53 PM   #4518
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-02-20, 03:40 PM   #4519
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Dr. John Campbell now says the virus has migrated to the heart and that a damaged heart can't recover, but the liver and the lungs can, at least the ones in your body.

You can get a heart transplant of course, but the waiting list must be much longe than the expected treatment.

Did you know that Carrol Shelby had a heart transplant that lasted over 25 years?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-20, 03:45 PM   #4520
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

A friend of ours is 21 years old, she has just lost one lung to the virus and needs a transplant.
I mean she is 21 years old.

Even if a transplant works, it only does for a while. The immuno-suppression drugs you have to swallow for not losing it intentionally destroys your immunosystem. The level or stage of transplanting techniques is not good enough by far.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 05:37 AM   #4521
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

The regional airport of ours, FMO (Flughafen Münster-Osnabrück) reports that 2.5% of their tourists returning from tourist hotspots in Europe and undergoing now mandatory testing at the airport, have tested positive.

Two point five percent.

I will never understand how they oculd have thought it reaosnable to allow travelling this summer season. Belgium has simply banned it for many European destinations.

Cruise ships of the Aida fleet wanted to relaunch with short in-cycles cruises in the Baltic and the North Sea, lasting 3-4 days, and no stops in harbours and no land visits. Not even debating the attraction of paying plenty of money for such a trip, the attempt, for the time beign at least, has been cancelled-. They let crews fly in from South East asia, and quite some of them tested positive, which they tried to sell as a success story. They planned I think four such cruises, but all have been cancelled. There also was the news that cruise ships from Germany wanted permission to anchor in destinations in Italy, and were denied. - That business is to change dramatically, I think. Many things will change dramatically. Gastronomy... On the other hand, it could and probably will mean that good times are ahead for local and national tourism destinations and holiday models.
Old 08-03-20, 05:41 AM   #4522
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Dr. John Campbell now says the virus has migrated to the heart and that a damaged heart can't recover, but the liver and the lungs can, at least the ones in your body.

You can get a heart transplant of course, but the waiting list must be much longe than the expected treatment.

Did you know that Carrol Shelby had a heart transplant that lasted over 25 years?
To say that liver and lungs can recover, is misleading. It depends. Many such damages last for life. For example fibrosis in the lungs is irreversible.

We seem to have understood now that this virus is one of those real diabolic buggers that can attack just every kind of cells and tissues to be found in the human body - everything. Not many virusses are this omnipotent. It can even make the immune system its ally in overwhelming the body and infecting cells in organs, not to mention an immune system firing with all weapons easily can destroy the body by the much-feared cytokine storm (this is why modulating the immune response so that not inflammatory but non-inflammatory cytokines get released by the immune system, is so important). We have no confirmed, verified data on post-covid-"fatigue" going by and going over, and how long it takes, but this exhaustion still is one of the more harmless consequences Covid can have even if you do not go to hospital. Every symptom formed by the virus in any organ, can last temporarily - or forever.

So, there is no basis for claiming that lungs and liver recover, always. Often, they do not, it seems. Already two months ago somebody at the Imperial College I think, showed a model in which they had calculated out age and health conditions as factors for the lethality of Covid-19, leading them to conclusions that people entering hospitals at some point of their disease, if you delete age and health conditions from the formula, lead to men loosing 13 and women loosing 11 years of life expectancy due to Covid, even if they survive and are counted as "fully recovered".

We maybe see the total death toll of Covid not before 12-14 years from now on then.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-03-20 at 05:54 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 06:01 AM   #4523
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
The regional airport of ours, FMO (Flughafen Münster-Osnabrück) reports that 2.5% of their tourists returning from tourist hotspots in Europe and undergoing now mandatory testing at the airport, have tested positive.
Correction, my memory fooled me. Not just the FMO airport is meant, but 2.5% of tourists at ALL airports in Northrhine-Westphalia report 2.5% of tests being positive. That includes the big hubs at Düsseldorf and Köln.
Old 08-03-20, 08:54 AM   #4524
Skybird
Soaring

Norwegian Hurtigrouten also faces a failed relaucnha ttemnpt. after infections amongst crews and passengers, the ocean carrier shut down again and cancelled all trips.
Old 08-03-20, 11:40 AM   #4525
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Correction, my memory fooled me. Not just the FMO airport is meant, but 2.5% of tourists at ALL airports in Northrhine-Westphalia report 2.5% of tests being positive. That includes the big hubs at Düsseldorf and Köln.
2.5 % of how many ?

How many is transiting these airports each day ?

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 11:54 AM   #4526
Skybird
Soaring

I dont know. But its summer holiday season. Season ends in the first federal states today.

Now they open up all schools.
Old 08-03-20, 12:37 PM   #4527
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 08-03-20, 12:46 PM   #4528
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

New tests for Covid-19 and flu that can give results in 90 minutes are to be rolled out in the UK next week.

While hopes for a vaccine are strong, there may never be a "silver bullet" for the coronavirus, the WHO warns.

The pandemic is likely to be "lengthy", the UN health agency says, and response fatigue is a risk.

Infections in the Australian state of Victoria are surging - many businesses to close under new lockdown.

UK firm Hays Travel has said up to 878 employees out of 4,500 may lose their jobs because of the pandemic.

Diners at UK restaurants to get 50% off meals as "Eat Out to Help Out" scheme launches.

Manchester, in northern England, declares a major incident after a rise in the infection rate.

Globally, more than 18 million infections and 689,000 deaths have been recorded - Johns Hopkins University.

Old 08-03-20, 12:52 PM   #4529
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
While hopes for a vaccine are strong, there may never be a "silver bullet" for the coronavirus, the WHO warns.
I thought it was just fear, but I've been thinking the same thing (on my own of course)

Bill Gates, whom I have never trusted (due to Microsoft software making money while we do all of the work) has indicated that he thinks it will take as many as three shots to get ready for Covid-19 season (which has no season as yet)
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 03:54 AM   #4530
Skybird
Soaring

Pet owners can infect their cats and dogs with Corona, but while pets can infect other pets, scientific consensus currently is that the infection does not jump from pet to human (in case of dogs and cats and pet birds). Ill pets suffer predominantly from illness in the respiratory system, it seems.

If you think you got sick, you may want to consider giving your pet to a caretaker, I would conclude, because they did not say in that article whether animals can die or suffer lasting health damage from Corona, and how intense their suffering from that virus can become.

While pets seem to not infect humans, there certainly are other wildlife species out there that can.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan