Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-21-20, 03:39 PM   #3076
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
She apologized and said she was wrong and I was obviously recognising the danger earlier than her, but my looks somewhat shocked her back then. She was kind, really. I said I appreciate that she remembers it and stands by her role in the event, and that i also appreciate her apology and consider the event (which I did not even remember since I just have missed her comment back then) a thing of the past. I wished her to stay healthy, and we parted again.

Nice. Also kudos to you for not being reactive to people who mocked you when they were ignorant.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 03:43 PM   #3077
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Nice. Also kudos to you for not being reactive to people who mocked you when they were ignorant.

Well that is what he claims, but given the tone of his posts for the past couple of decades I seriously doubt it.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 03:46 PM   #3078
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Michael Caine taught me that. He once said in an interview with a German paper that he were a man of terrible temper, and only practiced the gentlemenship and politeness he was famous for in order to keep it under strict control, always. I too have an awful temper, but I admit my control is not always perfect. Sometimes I fail.

However, in case of real self defence, failing this way works wonders.
Old 04-21-20, 04:03 PM   #3079
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Here and among some expert, there have been a lot of critics against Sweden and the way they have handle this Corona Crisis.

Lately I have seen and heard expert saying Sweden may have picked the right way of tackling this crisis.

Some minutes ago I saw and issue on the news, where they said.

The Swedish authorities expect the citizens in the Capitol of Sweden, Stockholm will have developed an immunity and they expect this will have happen around May 1st.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 05:24 PM   #3080
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52371977

Old 04-21-20, 05:39 PM   #3081
Skybird
Soaring

From FOCUS magazine this night, Google translation:
Quote:
Study on malaria drug in Covid cases: no positive effect

Breaking News (22:07): A malaria drug advertised by US President Donald Trump has, according to a study, no positive effect on patients suffering from the lung disease Covid-19. Patients who received hydroxychloroquine had an even higher mortality rate than in the comparison group, according to a study that had not yet been verified by independent experts on Tuesday. This retrospectively looked at the data from 368 male Covid patients who had been treated in hospitals for US veterans until April 11th. 97 of the patients had been treated with hydroxychloroquine, 113 had received the antibiotic azithromycin, 158 others had neither.

The researchers said that larger and more robust studies including placebo groups on the use of the drug were currently underway. The results would only be available later. Therefore, the aim of their analysis was to provide current "findings on the clinical results", wrote the researchers led by Joseph Magagnoli, Siddharth Narendran and Felipe Pereira. This is also important in view of the significant side effects of the malaria drug.

Taking hydroxychloroquine or a combination with azithromycin did not reduce the likelihood of being connected to a ventilator, the study said. Patients who only received the malaria drug even had a significantly higher death rate, it said. The researchers said the general health of the patients was comparable. However, they restricted that especially patients with a more severe course of the disease would have received hydroxychloroquine.

Trump has repeatedly campaigned for the use of the active ingredient chloroquine, which has long been approved for other purposes. In combination with the antibiotic azithromycin, this "could be one of the greatest breakthroughs in the history of medicine," Trump campaigned around the end of March. Trump's own medical experts, however, stressed that there was as yet no reliable scientific evidence that the drug was effective in Covid 19 patients.
It has been repeatedly pointed out that members of Trumpman's inner circus have business ties to companies producing the drug, and so have an interest in selling it.
Old 04-21-20, 06:07 PM   #3082
Skybird
Soaring

^As above.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/21/h...udy/index.html
Old 04-21-20, 07:49 PM   #3083
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Hydroxychloroquin may still be administered by doctors and hospitals. For them its using whats available balancing the potential for benefit with the potential for harm. There are also other studies still being conducted as well none which have been peer reviewed.

None of the above decisions have anything to do with Trump, conspiracies theories, politics or mysterious big pharma buddies. I'll wait for a peer review paper on the subject to come out. The last place I'll go looking for confirmation of results are from talking heads on CNN, FOX or the New York Times.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 08:32 PM   #3084
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
From FOCUS magazine this night, Google translation:

It has been repeatedly pointed out that members of Trumpman's inner circus have business ties to companies producing the drug, and so have an interest in selling it.
You keep stirring it up Sky ... you just can't leave our President out of your postings ... Perhaps we need a Wuhan virus 2020 thread and a US Political thread and a blame Trump/Coronavirus thread
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 09:10 PM   #3085
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Still talking about hydroxychloroquin he even explains what the potential benefit MAY be. And I didn't hear him mention Trump, conspiracy theories about pharma buddies or politics once in the entire lecture.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-21-20 at 09:21 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 02:02 AM   #3086
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Trump himself recommended hydroxychloroquin in his speeches and the press conferences, i plain doubt he had real information about it, just picked it up and spread the word.
That he has some business with the hydroxychloroquin industry does not make him more believable or look neutral in that matter, don't you think so? This is no "conspiracy theory" but rational thinking and common sense.

And no one would even mind that, if he would not always flog the dead horse of him being soo great and intelligent and a "genius". His brazenness and self aggrandising makes it hard to take him seriously or find him sympathetic, for the rest of the world. Only America seems to love that.
To see and understand that he is uninformed in so many things or at least does not know it all (what he himself always claims) is not a conspiracy theory, but plain truth.

If hydroxychloroquin is useful, use it. But politicians should stay the hell out of public advertising things they obviously do not understand.

@Jim: Sorry, but it seems it is impossible to divide the "Wuhan" virus and politics when politicians of nations like China and the USA (ab)use the virus to blame each other all the time, while trying hard to look as if they had the slightest glimpse of facts, and control.
Also this link https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52359100
Protesters against the lockdown:
"The organisers behind these protests have largely been conservative, pro-Trump and pro-gun activists. US media have described many of these demonstrations as reminiscent of Trump campaign events, with pro-Trump banners, t-shirts, and signs aplenty.
Signs calling for freedom over tyranny have also been staples of these protests. Governors have been likened to kings or dictators. "Give me liberty or give me death," a quote harkening back to the American Revolution has also been a popular mantra."
This is nothing else than "political".

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-22-20 at 03:08 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 05:50 AM   #3087
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Parliament in Spain is debating whether to extend its lockdown by another two weeks. Spain has been one of the countries hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic. Spain has recorded 435 deaths in the past 24 hours. This number, a slight increase on yesterday, brings their overall death toll to 21,717.

The mid-western state of Missouri files a civil lawsuit in a US court, accusing China of deception.

In Australia, the Chinese embassy accuses Australian politicians of anti-China attacks.

UK denies that not taking part in EU medical equipment scheme was a "political decision"

Singapore extends its "lockdown" until 1 June and tightens restrictions.

The World Food Programme says the virus could cause "biblical" famines.

New customers for Netflix almost double in the first quarter of the year.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 06:14 AM   #3088
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Latin America update:

In Brazil, tributes are being paid to 32-year-old doctor Frederic Jota Lima who died on Monday. Mass graves are being excavated for coronavirus victims in Manaus, which has reported 193 deaths and a collapsing health system. The number of infections in the country reached more than 43,000 on Tuesday, but some governors are easing social distancing measures.

Mexico reports an 8.3% increase in infections, rising to a total of 9,501 cases. 857 people have now died there. In Mexico City, 20% of public transport stops will close from Thursday, and most private cars will be banned from the roads.

Stranded Ecuadoran citizens abroad will be flown home and quarantined for 14 days, the government announces. Officials reported a further 902 deaths likely caused by Covid-19, in addition to the 520 officially confirmed in the country where bodies were seen piling up in Guayaquil. The government hopes to renegotiate its foreign debt and wants to re-open some commercial businesses as the economy continues to be hit hard by quarantine measures.

In Peru, the government has helped to transport 4,000 people made unemployed by the pandemic from the capital Lima home to their regions. Officials have warned stranded people not to return to the country’s highlands on foot.

And in Colombia, robots are going door-to-door to deliver parcels to quarantined residents of the city of Medellin, where a lockdown will continue until 11 May . The company who deployed the 120 robots say they are some of the first to be used in Latin America.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-20, 06:25 AM   #3089
Skybird
Soaring

After the UK made an accoridng announcement earlier this week, Germany becomes the second European country now starting with clinical trials on humans for a vaccine this week. German case numbers keep growing again, continuing the trend of the past couple of days. The Easter effect starts to form out.

Italian newpsaper La Republica tried to put things into relation regarding Germany. After the very aggressive diatribes from Italy and France against german "lack of solidarity" (unthankful bastards saying that), La Republica said that this Italian attitude is unfunded and simply ignores the many staepüs and fincial sacrifices Merkel has suddnely accepted without hesitation when it came to using new fincial mechnaisms that spill enormous sums of money into Italy's trasury and that before Corona the Germans had bitterly fought against. They said to just ignore this and always tell the narration if Germany not doing anythign and not caring, is unfair and undeserved. its simply not true.

Macroinman wants to abuse Corona to deflect from his own pltlical misery by enforcing again the collectivzation of French, Spanish, Italian and Greek debts and accusing germany to not beign solidaric. Unthankful bastard.

Its the same old story. If you are too weak to help others, they accuse you of not helping them. And if you are strong enough to help an you do so, you rise their envy and they again turn against you becasue you are stronger than they are, and show this by helping them. Its a loose-loose situation, always. The US surely knows this phenomenon as well.
Old 04-22-20, 06:26 AM   #3090
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
[...]
UK denies that not taking part in EU medical equipment scheme was a "political decision" [...]
what else.
"Coronavirus: UK says it won't take part in EU drive for ventilators because of Brexit"
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...-part-21759494

BoB (brexit over breathing) ahem

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9429001.html

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 04-22-20 at 08:17 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan