SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-10, 03:05 AM   #1
jgsdf74
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default [IJN Akagi]

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by jgsdf74; 02-16-10 at 01:42 AM.
jgsdf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 06:15 AM   #2
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Since I had to export a few interior models in Maya, I can warn you that you'll need to recreate much of the 3d model. It not only needs to be quadrangulated, but there are many surfaces which have to be joined. All UV layouts will need to be remade from scratch.

You can't download parts of the game as that would mean a breach of license. What you need to do is:

1. Get the game or one of the mods that has this ship.
2. Get Skwasjer's Silent Hunter Editor. This will allow you to export the objects. It also has a tutorial on how to do that.
3. It's better to use 3DSmax for the initial import, then export to Maya from it.
4. If you want to use the model for a mod, remember to give credit to the original creator.

However, since this is your first post, and it's been placed in the wrong place, I must warn you that even if you only want it as a helper for a personal project (those blueprints can get ugly ), or for any non-commercial use, unrelated to the SH4 game itself, well.. I'm not sure you should do that.

But as I just said, In Maya you'll have to remake most of the model and retexture it so... not sure how these license right work
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 05:14 PM   #3
karamazovnew
The Old Man

I found your site, amazing stuff. I've done a bit of Maya myself, but it will take me years before I reach your level. That Nazi hangar is absolutely amazing .

The Akagi is not found in any Silent Hunter game out of the box. SH4 is the only game that features japanese fleet carriers, but none of them even remotely resembles the Akagi. So there's no point in getting the game or messing with the Silent Hunter Editor. My entire previous post is completely useless.

Yamatoforever has released a modded Akagi a month ago. Here's the thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho....php?p=1226984

miner1436 has modeled the Shoho which is pretty similar:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ighlight=akagi

See if they'll give you their models. Good luck

BTW, do you know any nice free Blueprints site? I used one for a while but they started asking for money.
Old 01-16-10, 06:33 PM   #4
karamazovnew
The Old Man

We won't forgive you if you don't show it to us when you finish