SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-11, 05:35 AM   #1
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0
Default Weather in OM/ OMGEU

Well actually lack thereof.

Been playing around in the Pacific up till now with the US boats but have been longing to get back to a Type VII in the Atlantic. So I installed OM and OMGEU (all step by step as per the instructions). Left Kiel on Dec 10th 1940 with orders to patrol off the Western approaches then rebase to France.

From leaving Kiel, around the north of Scotland and into the Atlantic and I have yet to see a breath of wind of wisp of fog (litterally 0 wind and 0 fog).

Is this normal or does it sound like I've done something silly with the install? The mod is great, but I would love to see some real Atlantic winter weather (...... Yes, I'm a masochist!!!! )

Just asking out of interest BTW...... The flat calm and trawlers off North East Scotland gave me some handy gunnery practice!!!
Jester_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 01:13 PM   #2
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
Well actually lack thereof.

Been playing around in the Pacific up till now with the US boats but have been longing to get back to a Type VII in the Atlantic. So I installed OM and OMGEU (all step by step as per the instructions). Left Kiel on Dec 10th 1940 with orders to patrol off the Western approaches then rebase to France.

From leaving Kiel, around the north of Scotland and into the Atlantic and I have yet to see a breath of wind of wisp of fog (litterally 0 wind and 0 fog).

Is this normal or does it sound like I've done something silly with the install? The mod is great, but I would love to see some real Atlantic winter weather (...... Yes, I'm a masochist!!!! )

Just asking out of interest BTW...... The flat calm and trawlers off North East Scotland gave me some handy gunnery practice!!!
Thats funny, because I am in on the Western approaches and have been enduring 15m seas for the past 7 days! There is weather fix program out there do a search in the downloads section.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 03:52 PM   #3
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

I did a search and the only weather fix I can find is for SHIII. Is this the one you're referring to?

As it is though, seeing that you're fighting those sort of seas, maybe I've just been lucky on this trip. I've just been assigned a new patrol grid north west of Ireland. I'll run that assignment then head for my new base in France (where I hope the wine will be cheap and the women plentiful) and see how the next patrol is weatherwise.
Old 02-03-11, 06:19 PM   #4
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_UK View Post
I did a search and the only weather fix I can find is for SHIII. Is this the one you're referring to?

As it is though, seeing that you're fighting those sort of seas, maybe I've just been lucky on this trip. I've just been assigned a new patrol grid north west of Ireland. I'll run that assignment then head for my new base in France (where I hope the wine will be cheap and the women plentiful) and see how the next patrol is weatherwise.
I am going to have to look for the program when I get home; hopefully I saved it!

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-11, 07:00 PM   #5
Jester_UK
Electrician's Mate

Many thanks. Ironically though, the weather turned up a little earlier this evening. Now bucking huge waves as I head north to my new patrol zone.

If you do find that program though, please let me know. I'd very much like a copy of it for future use if required.

Thanks for your help. advice.