SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Crush Depth
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-20, 08:37 PM   #1
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

As always, looking excellent Marius! Everyone, be sure to check out Uboatsim.com and his discord!

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 01:37 AM   #2
celeronpm
Dev: Crush Depth Studios

Downloads: 7
Default U-Boat Sim is now Crush Depth: U-Boat Simulator

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhotoGrid_Plus_1605508295913.jpg (67.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-18-20, 11:05 PM   #3
celeronpm

Hello everyone, Crush Depth: U-Boat Simulator is now on steam for your wishlisting pleasure. Please hop on over to our steam page and wishlist Crush Depth!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...oat_Simulator/
Old 11-19-20, 10:49 PM   #4
celeronpm

Default Fa 330 autogyro

The view is better from up here, trust us! Join our patrons who are enjoying the view with the fa 330 autogyro today by becoming a patron too! https://buff.ly/35OELKS

The Fa 330 was a simple single-seat autogyro kite with a three-bladed rotor. It was stowed in two watertight compartments aft of the conning tower and could be deployed to the deck of the U-boat by two people.

When launched, it was tethered to the U-boat by a 150 m (500 ft) cable. The U-boat would tow the helicopter and as the airflow passed on the rotors, they would spin up.The helicopter with its observer-pilot aboard would rise to approximately 120 meters above the surface allowing him to see much farther, about 25 nautical miles (46 km), compared to the 5 nautical miles (9 km) visible from the conning tower of the U-boat.

If the U-boat captain were forced to abandon it on the surface, the tether would be released and the Fa 330 descend slowly to the water.

The Fa 330 was a simple single-seat autogyro kite with a three-bladed rotor. It was stowed in two watertight compartments aft of the conning tower and could be deployed to the deck of the U-boat by two people.
Old 11-27-20, 09:25 AM   #5
Jammosito
Nub

Downloads: 0
Icon14

I'm starting to think this project deserves its own subforum, you know, with the name change, with it being on Steam, with the amount of progress and the people involved... especially this here gentleman...

Our mission is to depict the U-Boat in the most historically accurate manner possible; not just the technology, but life on board. How are we working towards that goal? I'm glad you asked!
Last week we revealed that we've been collaborating with 104-year-old Friedrich Grade, ex chief-engineer of U-96 (the boat famously portrayed in the book 'Das Boot', and the 1981 film by the same name). He has been consulting with us on aspects of the boat, and life on board, which have been lost to time.

Our patrons have been aware of this exciting collaboration for some time; if you'd like to be the first to get similar insights, please consider becoming a patron at https://www.patreon.com/crushdepth
Also, don't forget to wishlist Crush Depth on Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...oat_Simulator/

Thanks for the support guys.

Any chance of getting that subforum, Neal?
Jammosito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 10:07 AM   #6
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

A Warm Welcome to Subsim Jammosito Salute Sir
blackswan40 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 10:49 AM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Jammosito!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 07:51 AM   #8
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

There is an update on Facebook status of Crush depth page. A new surprise ?
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 07:16 PM   #9
celeronpm

Default Update

Quote:
Update #60, 10th of September 2021.

Hi @everyone,

First thing to notice of course is that this is the first update in some 14 odd months that doesn't have 'weekly' in the title. It has become more and more apparent to us that there is more value in doing updates whenever it is relevant, than tying that to a strict schedule. Some weeks, we are rather bogged down in technical stuff and although a lot of value is added to the project, not much of that is immediately apparent to the player.
Conversely, there are plenty of other weeks in which we manage to break through a couple of walls in a row, meaning we have to leave out some milestones from the weekly updates so it doesn't become a complete wall of text and/or put them somewhere in between, meaning they don't get the attention we would like them to have.

All that being said, our investigations into a possible switch from Unity to Unreal are nearing its conclusion. There are a few items left we still want to check off. Even though we're close to finishing the process, there are still plenty of reasons left why we might decide to stick with Unity; no decision has been made yet.
We also realize we cannot let this process carry on forever. We have therefore decided to set the deadline (first ever in the project!) for September the 18th, 2021, on which day we will announce our decision.

I'm sure that no matter what we'll decide, it might come as a disappointment to some of you. Such is simply the nature of this-or-the-other propositions. The only thing I can hope is that you appreciate that whatever decision we arrive at, we have done so after long and careful deliberation, and truly believe it to be the best for the project. Thank you all very much for allowing us to undertake this experiment and your continued support throughout.

Until then! :heart:.
Please see above
Old 09-15-21, 06:39 AM   #10
Angelis
A-ganger

Downloads: 143

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they choose Unreal.
Angelis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uboat sim