SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-26-09, 07:07 AM   #1531
kazooo
Nub

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

yes lurker, i did mean the event camera and its not there anymore since i installed the mod
kazooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 11:06 AM   #1532
Kromus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 135

Just installed OMEGU_200, amazing work guys .
Only thing I`m missing there (from TMO) is the icon where I could see how far can I get at current speed.
If there is any mod for this, please let me know, thx .
Kromus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 04:15 PM   #1533
kazooo
Nub

Downloads: 2

sorry for my wierdo english first played your mod a bit longer today since im having 2 days off. so i went hunting alongside the english coast. after some very quick and brutal hit of a bomber, we went off to the ground, thought its over. but no, in a time of around 4-5 realtime hours we managed to repair the sunken shark made a few tons then and off to kiel, all tired, but what happend next is ridiculous. right before norway ive seen the first stormy weather in this mod i eperienced myself (must have used time compression too much before), and its plain photorealism, im sitting and enjoying this a lot)
didnt manage to setup this freaky eventcam again, but i guess they had none in 1941,too

thanks again for this wonderful work and keep it up
kaz

ps: ppl may ask themselves why i do write this, the answer is, cause i had to, because im that happy atm

good night

edit: eventcam working, had to remove another mod, sry for my own dumbness.

Last edited by kazooo; 08-26-09 at 04:51 PM.
kazooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 05:52 PM   #1534
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561
Default Problem Crash Diving

Hello Lurker,

I am on my first patrol 7th flotilla V11B out of Kiel. I have reached patrol area BE35. Game time Sept 17 1939 03:05. Heavy seas. I am in grid BF115 at this time. Crash Dive heading East or West dive time to submerged about 2 minutes. Traveling North or South dive time to submerged over 10 meters is over 10min sometimes 15 min. Is my install correct? This is a clean install over stock 1.5

Now in second patrol area still high seas 15 k wind. Crash dive to submerged sometimes up to 25 minutes.

Posted this on the OMEGU forum too was not sure which forum would be the correct one.

OM V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM v712 HotFix 1

OMEGU V200

Last edited by Dieselglock; 08-26-09 at 08:07 PM.
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 08:44 PM   #1535
Wijbrandus
Loader

Downloads: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Hello Lurker,

I am on my first patrol 7th flotilla V11B out of Kiel. I have reached patrol area BE35. Game time Sept 17 1939 03:05. Heavy seas. I am in grid BF115 at this time. Crash Dive heading East or West dive time to submerged about 2 minutes. Traveling North or South dive time to submerged over 10 meters is over 10min sometimes 15 min. Is my install correct? This is a clean install over stock 1.5

Now in second patrol area still high seas 15 k wind. Crash dive to submerged sometimes up to 25 minutes.

Posted this on the OMEGU forum too was not sure which forum would be the correct one.

OM V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM v712 HotFix 1

OMEGU V200
For me, I notice drastically increased dive times in heavy seas. I just plan for it and dive early if I can. I think the men on the dive planes are too busy puking their guts out to actually turn them down.
Wijbrandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:13 PM   #1536
Dieselglock
Wolf of the deep

Downloads: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wijbrandus View Post
For me, I notice drastically increased dive times in heavy seas. I just plan for it and dive early if I can. I think the men on the dive planes are too busy puking their guts out to actually turn them down.
Ha I can understand the puking. It should take longer for sure but 25min seems a bit long to me.
Dieselglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:16 PM   #1537
Wijbrandus
Loader

On another note, how do I know what countries are valid targets? I mean, I can sink ships willy-nilly, but I like knowing who was truly at war with the Fatherland, and who was just out for a nice sail. I'm out to sink the evil ones trying to stop us, not ruin anyone's day.

The in-game F1 doesn't tell me dates anymore, and I'm not finding anything in the multiple read-mes included.

Thanks!
Old 08-26-09, 09:19 PM   #1538
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselglock View Post
Hello Lurker,

OM V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM v712 HotFix 1

OMEGU V200
Unable to recreate your problem. Tested in heavy seas on courses 360 - 045-090-135-180-225-270-315. All dives to 70 meters in about 3.5 minutes
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 09:43 PM   #1539
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wijbrandus View Post
On another note, how do I know what countries are valid targets? I mean, I can sink ships willy-nilly, but I like knowing who was truly at war with the Fatherland, and who was just out for a nice sail. I'm out to sink the evil ones trying to stop us, not ruin anyone's day.

The in-game F1 doesn't tell me dates anymore, and I'm not finding anything in the multiple read-mes included.

Thanks!
http://www.filefront.com/11732282/Cs...OfGermany.zip/
Old 08-26-09, 11:35 PM   #1540
Wijbrandus
Loader

Thanks, Lurker!

I'm loving my Type IIC, and having a blast making every shot count the best I can.
Old 08-27-09, 03:20 PM   #1541
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Default ctd on load game? (O.M.)

anyone know if there are known issues with O.M. CTD when loading an on-patrol saved game?

i have it installed/loaded properly,and it's only happened a few times,but it is not fun when it does. installed/loaded mods are as follows and in this exact order...

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OMv712_hotfix1
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEECH FIX_V8
Real Clothes

it (the ctd) happened on my 3rd patrol with the type IX u-boat stationed in willhamshaven, or however you spell that. i suppose it might help if i mention it's the 2nd floatilla 1939,now 1941,while trying to load a saved game.

the saves in question for my particular ctd occured near objective areas,when large convoys were in close proximity to these objective "stars". the saves were over-written a few times over,and i assume this has something to do with it. i have since created new saves everytime,and haven't noticed the problem at all since.

if nothing else,maybe this can save someone else from going through what i'm trying to describe. and im not posting this to drive lurker crazy either.

thanks.

Last edited by green_abobo; 08-27-09 at 06:30 PM.
green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 07:09 PM   #1542
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

In Omv712 ,

the other night (I play auto target) I pressed L to lock on to a merchant that was 4000y - 4500y I was at 37ft and Pscope full extent, the water-wave level was at least 3-4m below, so the waves were not washing over my pscope.

Yet the lock was only staying on 4-5 seconds, should this be happening when the pscope is well clear of the waves, and it was clear not foggy.

Another thing with this , I lock on and changed the depth of my torp , when the lock comes off and I press Lock again, the torp goes back to the default depth.

Not a great worry that part , but the 4-5second lock is more worrying.
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 09:34 PM   #1543
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
In Omv712 ,

the other night (I play auto target) I pressed L to lock on to a merchant that was 4000y - 4500y I was at 37ft and Pscope full extent, the water-wave level was at least 3-4m below, so the waves were not washing over my pscope.

Yet the lock was only staying on 4-5 seconds, should this be happening when the pscope is well clear of the waves, and it was clear not foggy.

Another thing with this , I lock on and changed the depth of my torp , when the lock comes off and I press Lock again, the torp goes back to the default depth.

Not a great worry that part , but the 4-5second lock is more worrying.

As designed

Auto lock for Attack Scopes is 3500m or less
Auto lock for Observation Scopes is 4000m or less
Old 08-27-09, 09:43 PM   #1544
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18

Cheers

Thanks for the reply ...
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-09, 11:01 PM   #1545
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Default O.M.-questions about crew management

ahoy. first of all, could some kind soul please explain to me, what the significance of the passive ability "damage control" is exactly.

i understand they can be anywhere on the ship,but what exactly is the ability for and what does it do?

should you still have crew designated to the "damage control team" or not? should ppl w/ the passive ability "damage control" be stationed there or no?

is crew berthing or birthing just for "storage" of extra crew members? does it have any further useage other than that?

how many people are supposed to fit on a u-boat anyway?

also,the different abbreviations for crew members in the queue. what do they stand for?

i'm reading a tom clancy book (not red october,it hasnt arrived yet) right now that has alot of submarine lingo in it,heck,there's even mention of diesel powered subs too. although i would imagine that being able to ahead flank submerged at around 30 knots is pretty crazy.(nuclear)

trying to educate myself a bit more on the subject(s) so i dont have to post questions anymore and can start replying with answers instead.the thirst for answers continues on,along with my patrols.

on a side note, i was happy to pull a sneak attack @ scampa flow on a boat that i assume was supposed to be the HMS Hood,just like the real thing went down in october 1939,only i did it around december. 3 torpedoes too. that was pretty cool. not for the Hood and her crew of course,i hope you know what i'm saying. heres a neat site i stumbled across while doing a google search
for any other u-boat enthusiasts....

http://www.mikekemble.com/ww2/uboat.html

thanks again.

"fish" on!

Last edited by green_abobo; 08-27-09 at 11:11 PM.
green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote