SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Comments to SUBSIM Review
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-08, 08:01 AM   #1
snakeyez
Last Man Down

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
About the 2008 April Fools joke article...

Are there any plans to remove the April Fools Day joke news article from SUBSIM.com? You remember, the one that looks like a New York Times article and talks about women in submarines?

I'm not going to post the link here as that just proliferates it. Neal, I'm serious, people are still bringing up this article to this very day believing that it is real and using it as an arguing point. People on various BBSes across the internet are getting into fights over this article believing it's for real. It is apparently embedded in Google.

Please consider taking it down, or at least putting a huge stamp over it in red that says "JOKE" or something. I'm tired of seeing retired men getting their shorts in a knot over it.

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG - These are the submarines in your neighborhood! Get involved, they need you.
Doyle Blalock - the life of my WWII submarine veteran grandfather.
Drum228.org - devoted to the Gato-class museum sub USS Drum (SS-228) complete with war patrol reports, historical info, and restoration progress.
snakeyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 08:55 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I think it's a little late for that now. Why don't you just post in all the threads that you're a part of the forum where it started, and explain that it was an April Fool's joke?
Old 08-23-08, 09:43 AM   #3
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

You mean that was an April Fools?
Tarrasque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-08, 11:39 AM   #4
snakeyez
Last Man Down

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
I think it's a little late for that now. Why don't you just post in all the threads that you're a part of the forum where it started, and explain that it was an April Fool's joke?
Well, the trouble is that it continues to reappear and people are making fools of themselves. I know of at least 4 forums where this article has been posted about. Someone will tell the poster that the article was a fake, but it reemerges weeks or months later once again.

If it didn't exist anymore, it would eventually disappear from Google as well.

It was funny as could be in April, but now that people are discovering it still today and believing it as truth, ugh it's getting old.

SUBMARINEMUSEUMS.ORG - These are the submarines in your neighborhood! Get involved, they need you.
Doyle Blalock - the life of my WWII submarine veteran grandfather.
Drum228.org - devoted to the Gato-class museum sub USS Drum (SS-228) complete with war patrol reports, historical info, and restoration progress.
snakeyez is offline   Reply With Quote