SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-21, 01:21 PM   #9316
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I certainly hoper so. My third jab is this coming Monday.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:36 PM   #9317
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Of course!

Quote:
Not a joke: German clinics are now requiring the Covid vaccine in order to get euthanized

If you wish to voluntarily kick the bucket and shuffle off this mortal coil, the Germany's euthanasia association would like you to prepare for the afterlife by getting vaxxed.

Irony has been declared many times in this pandemic but now, from Covid-riddled Germany comes the final proof: you can't kill yourself now unless you've been vaccinated. As European countries battle to limit the spread of the virus, Verein Sterbehilfe – the German Euthanasia Association – has issued a new directive, declaring it will now only help those who have been vaccinated or recovered from the disease. In a statement, the association said:

"Euthanasia and the preparatory examination of the voluntary responsibility of our members willing to die require human closeness. Human closeness, however, is a prerequisite and breeding ground for coronavirus transmission. As of today, the 2G rule applies in our association, supplemented by situation-related measures, such as quick tests before encounters in closed rooms."

'Close encounters in closed rooms' – what a fabulous German euphemism for assisted suicide. The term '2G' meanwhile refers to a system which only allows free movement for leisure activities for the geimpft oder genese— 'vaccinated or recovered.' God forbid that a person without the jab should try to end it all – talk about a vaccine passport to the afterlife...
https://notthebee.com/article/german...-be-euthanized

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:48 PM   #9318
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

^ I think it's not so much the patient they had in mind, but the doctors and nurses.

Don't think they are interested in getting infected despite they have been vaccinated.

Could be wrong though

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 06:55 PM   #9319
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I certainly hoper so. My third jab is this coming Monday.
As Skybird wrote in an answer to me
"We still vaccinate with jabs designed to fight the first Wuhan strain"

The Delta had some mutations(can't remember how many)and this new one has 12 spike mutation which is a record(I think they said)

I also have learned throughout the years-thou more mutation-thou lesser effective a vaccine is.

This is why it's important to stay one step ahead-Impossible yes.

I hope it has some protection-However the vaccine need to be updated.

Markus

Old 11-28-21, 06:00 AM   #9320
Ostfriese
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
^ I think it's not so much the patient they had in mind, but the doctors and nurses.

Don't think they are interested in getting infected despite they have been vaccinated.

Could be wrong though

Markus

You aren't. Despite being vaccinated doctors and especially nurses on covid wards suffer from high infection rates.
Ostfriese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 07:03 AM   #9321
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Sorry, we found a "variant" of a 2-year-old virus with a 99.7% survival rate, so we need to lockdown the entire planet, "vaccinate" everybody, and have supranational governing entities and investment banks rule the world from now on.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 08:33 AM   #9322
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Southafrican doctors say the new variant seems to cause a milder set of symptoms, mostly severe physical pain in the whole body and extreme exhaustion, but all in all it sees to be less life-threatening for hospitalised patients than earlier strains. however, for older people this variant may be even more lethal if the elder have not only "age", but also cardiovascular deseases and/or diabetes - here Omicron seems to be more lethal than earlier strains.

German hospitals are filling up quickly and the Luftwaffe shuttles patients around across all te nation. Exporting patients to Itlay and othe rneighbouring coutnries become sless and elsse ran option s icne thece places are facing a flolod of patients themslves, in Niorthenr Italy patients again get stockpiled in the corridors again. In many places in Germany, hospitals do not take in patients anymore, hospitals prepare for triage. The full might of the climax of this wave is yet ahead, it lacks behind incidence rates by 2-3 weeks, so the situation as it will be in 2-3 weeks from now on is impossible to prevent.

The vaccination seems to be less potent in preventing infection in the first than it was with Delta, with Delta already being more penetrating than the original strain. However, doctors seem to tend to still see proec tion of significant quality in preventing serious cases. The biggets threat of Omicron seems to be that iut is severla times as infectous than Delta. And that is very bad news with the potential to ruin the next year, too.

Some people seem to not understand that vaccination does not make a difference in the short term, only in the longer term beyond lets say 6 weeks. And some other, superclever say we should not push mandatory vaccination since it will not help in the short term anyway. Well. Sometimes even me is speechless. Where are you in 6 weeks if you did not get the jab today? This question already is too difficult for some to answer.

The vast majority of German population calls for a lockdown, as often it is many weeks ahead of the politicians. The new government on its way in wanted to avoid it at any cost, and even babbled about freedom days. Lets see how quickly or slowly they catch up with reality - if ever. More and more places get locked downby regional govenrments, however. Indicendces are so high and in the four digit range that there is no more alternative.

In other words: Germany again has refused to learn and once again has needlessly messed it up and allowed it to turn for maximum worst outcome. NEEDLESSLY. Stupid, irresponsible, dumb.

The needlessness in it is what angers me most.
Old 11-28-21, 08:49 AM   #9323
Skybird
Soaring

SA criticises the world for not sending tourists anymore that could export Omicron into the world, they expect the world apparenbtly to ignore it and not caring for spreading the new variant as quickly as possible.

Thier criticism hgowever has a correct reminder: the longer and the mroe uncontrolled you let a pandemic like this posread aroudn and do not acitvely try to brign it down, the more time and options the virus has to mutate. It is not by chance that both delta and now Imocron showed up first not in one of the most vacicnated coutnriues in the world, buzt two of the most unvaccinated coutnries at the time of Delta's and Omicron's first sighting.

Give the pandemic room and space to unfold, and that is what it will do - including more needless mutations.

Historically, the great pandemics of the past 5000 years on average lasted between 3 and 35 years each. So we still can have lots and lots ahead of us. A few lasted shorter, a few lasted much longer, up to 2-3 generations I seem to recall. It may be so with corna or it may be better with Corona, we will see. But we should be prepared for needing to hold our breath longer than we initially thought. And if that is how things turn out, it will change our world and way of living and our economy more drastically than we expected.
Old 11-28-21, 09:29 AM   #9324
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

The Corona virus act differently than our traditional Influenza virus.

This I know by own experience and from my elderly sister.

I was once so unlucky to get sick from influenza twice in a season and my elderly sister was so unlucky to get very ill, despite she got a vaccine against that season influenza-the problem here was that the virus mutated and therefore her vaccine had no effect on this mutated influenza virus.

But when it comes to Corona and it's family the vaccine protect-even when the virus has mutated several times since the first strain.

I have not yet been infected by Corona

Markus

Old 11-28-21, 09:38 AM   #9325
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have not yet been infected by Corona
Or so you think...!
Old 11-28-21, 10:00 AM   #9326
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Or so you think...!

True can have been infected without knowing it.

I could be one of them where there's wasn't any symptoms at all.
or any longterm side effect.

Tomorrow it's back to wearing facemask again.

Markus

Old 11-28-21, 01:19 PM   #9327
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-28-21, 01:22 PM   #9328
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A third case of the Omicron coronavirus variant has been detected in the UK, the Health Security Agency has said.

It said the case involves a person who visited the Westminster area of London but who is no longer in the UK.

The individual is linked to travel in southern Africa, where Omicron was first identified.

Meanwhile, year 7 pupils in schools in England are being told they will have to wear face masks in communal areas in response to the new variant.

Early evidence suggests the new variant - first reported to the World Health Organization from South Africa on Wednesday - has a higher re-infection risk.

The first UK cases were confirmed on Saturday in Brentwood, Essex and Nottingham. Officials said the cases were linked and connected to travel in southern Africa and contact tracing is taking place.

Essex County Council is now asking people who were at a church and a KFC outlet in the town to get a PCR test.

The appeal is for members of the congregation who were at Trinity Church in the Pilgrims Hatch area on 21 November - and staff, customers and delivery workers who were at KFC in Brentwood High Street on 19 November between 13:00 and 17:00.

Testing is being carried out at locations that the individual in the third confirmed case visited in London, the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59453744

Old 11-29-21, 05:42 AM   #9329
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

https://imgur.com/gallery/FHH1KKu

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 07:18 AM   #9330
Skybird
Soaring

^ Typical Spanish flu lungs, I would say. Thanks for proving that point!

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan