SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-21, 07:13 AM   #7801
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You give the impression of certainties where you should limit yourself to think in probabilities only. Many healthy-living, trained athletes caught it and were brought down by it and chewing on it for months, too, you know. Young students excercising severla times per week. Competitive sportsmen.

Its not only the old, the weak, the already ill. And it must not always be the ICU. Long Covid can chew you to pieces and then spit you out, too. For months.

Thats why I do not promote, and never have promoted just one or two measures, and then forget all the others. Each of these measures is a probability modifier. Not more, not less. Collect as many of them as you can. Excercise, okay. Eat healthy, okay. Take Vit-D, Magnesium, K2, okay. Vaccinate, okay. Wear a mask, okay, socially distance yourself, fine. But vaccination is a very major modifier, maybe the biggest in the game. Maybe that will change with Lambda, Japanese data is not encouraging, but for the time being we are still about Delta, and the dseocnd jab and then 14 days later means for some time a proteciton level around 95%, plus minus 1 or 2o %, depending on whom you ask. And you are a risk for others five days less than unvaccinated (9 days compared to 14 days).
Old 08-05-21, 07:14 AM   #7802
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Uh huh. Yet here we are anyways so either that story is bull or it's lip service only.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 07:16 AM   #7803
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
What we DO know is what happens to the folks who don't get the vaccine.

Yeah 99% of them have no ill effects whatsoever. Stop pretending that catching it is a death sentence.

Old 08-05-21, 07:32 AM   #7804
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
What we DO know is what happens to the folks who don't get the vaccine.
Yes I do. I talk to all three of them every day.
Old 08-05-21, 07:34 AM   #7805
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

THALIDOMIDE

https://helix.northwestern.edu/artic...and-regulation

Again, much to early for me. Eventually I will get the vaccine.
Old 08-05-21, 08:59 AM   #7806
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

There is a vaccine and it works. If you decided to get vaccinated, good for you, but since non-vaccinated people pose no threat to you, there's no need to nag about it. Let them deal with COVID and we can get on with our lives.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 09:18 AM   #7807
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
There is a vaccine and it works. If you decided to get vaccinated, good for you, but since non-vaccinated people pose no threat to you, there's no need to nag about it. Let them deal with COVID and we can get on with our lives.
Have you not been paying attention? If you listen to the CDC, Whitehouse, and various so called "experts", It doesn't matter whether you are vaccinated or not, they still want you to mask up. And If the unvaccinated continue to be obstinate about getting it, they are going to make them get it. In my neck of the woods there are businesses that are requiring proof of vaccination to enter the establishment with hardly any dissent from the press or the government. Where does it end?

"If you Give an inch, they will take a mile."
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 09:25 AM   #7808
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
And If the unvaccinated continue to be obstinate about getting it, they are going to make them get it.
Obamacare comes to mind. Soon a fine/penalty if the vaccine is not taken. Please send in proof of vaccination with your tax returns.
Old 08-05-21, 09:31 AM   #7809
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

According to actual science California has pretty much reached herd immunity and based on projections I’d wager most of the country has too. Though I will acknowledge there may remain some hot spots. But like I said earlier what’s driving this now is Facebook likes, funding and divisive party politics. Look at the headlines not a damn thing is said about statistics, science, seroprevalence, origins, vaccine and treatment improvements. Just a bunch a buffoons arguing over what politician cares and what ones don’t because of who promotes social distancing, masks, and passports. But people love it, they crave it, because it fills the void in their naive and empty lives.

Politicians ought to be working to improve things but it seems they like to keep the controversy going.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 09:38 AM   #7810
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Have you not been paying attention? If you listen to the CDC, Whitehouse, and various so called "experts", It doesn't matter whether you are vaccinated or not, they still want you to mask up. And If the unvaccinated continue to be obstinate about getting it, they are going to make them get it. In my neck of the woods there are businesses that are requiring proof of vaccination to enter the establishment with hardly any dissent from the press or the government. Where does it end?

"If you Give an inch, they will take a mile."
They want vaccinated people to mask up to protect the unvaccinated people. Just ignore the CDC and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Obamacare comes to mind. Soon a fine/penalty if the vaccine is not taken. Please send in proof of vaccination with your tax returns.
The penalty for not taking out health insurance was the best part of Obamacare. Now without it, the uninsured still get care but the insured have to pay for it.

Everyone wants everyone to carry cards now.
Old 08-05-21, 09:40 AM   #7811
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
But people love it, they crave it, because it fills the void in their naive and empty lives.
True! My wife has a friend on FB and this is all she posts about. She needs a new hobby in her retirement.
Old 08-05-21, 10:13 AM   #7812
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Like France, Germany plans to tightne them thumbscrews on antivaccers. From september on even supermarket and drugstore shopping should be possible only with proof of vaccination or negative PCR test or recovery and at least one vaccination. At the same time the PCXR tests wikll no loner be free, and since they cost 70-90 Euros, in holiday tourist traps even more, and last only for some time, it will beocme very expensive to do them again and again just for buying food and things of the ordinary everyday life.

You can still get on without vaccination, but it will become very costly for the average Joe.

Its manouvering by the Gewrman government to force people getting the jab without the government being formally accused of forcing people by command to get the jab. The French did it simplier, and simply ordered it. I think that is more straight, and honest. How Merkel does it (as so often before), the alibi democracy gets even more revealed as right this: an alibi. This will rightfully raise more sentiments against it.

(But since I am no fan of this system anymore anyway, I do not really care for these subtelties. I just take note of the collateral damage they do by their weasel maneuvers.)
Old 08-05-21, 10:15 AM   #7813
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

You can still get on without vaccination, but it will become very costly for the average Joe.
Glad my name is Chris.
Old 08-05-21, 11:02 AM   #7814
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Like France, Germany plans to tightne them thumbscrews on antivaccers. From september on even supermarket and drugstore shopping should be possible only with proof of vaccination or negative PCR test or recovery and at least one vaccination.
So it's finally going to come down to this (at least in Germany for now)

Sure sounds like the anti-christ (which isn't due for several more years) making everyone to have a mark on their hand or on the forehead in order to buy or sell anything.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 11:04 AM   #7815
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Vaccine Passports hahaha. They had better start making them resistant to counterfeiting.

Quote:
A vendor on Amazon was discovered selling a pack of blank COVID-19 vaccination cards this week. The post has since been removed, but photos reshared online showed a 10-pack of blank cards going for $12.99.

In the U.S., actually getting a COVID-19 vaccine and receiving a legitimate vaccination card is free.

The small white piece of cardstock given to Americans after receiving all necessary COVID-19 shots is the only official way to show some proof of full immunization on the fly. But according to the Federal Trade Commission, those simple cards, easily replicated by fraudsters, never were designed to prove vaccination status long term.
https://www.npr.org/2021/06/08/10042...one-is-a-crime

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan